Best burger in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
The CRAM Burger from Alfred's Kitchen in Guildford, Western Australia (a suburb of Perth). Beef patty, minute steak, cheese, bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce and tomato sauce in a toasted seeded bun.

Perfection. Something from home that I miss so much (and will be the first thing I have when I go back home for the first time).

A small burger bar next to the train tracks (and underneath the finals approach to PER!) with a log fire out the front every night from 5pm. An absolute icon of Perth and couldn't recommend it enough to anyone who visits Perth (get the Midland line train from Perth to Guildford station).
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The first Shake Shack has opened in Chicago. I look forward to trying it when the lines get more manageable. (I have tried it in NY and liked it.)
Shake Shack is solid and we grab a burger there every couple months. But it's certainly not worthy of consideration for "BBITW".
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
This might as well just be "best burger in the U.S." I've been to (I think) 99 countries now and in almost all of them, the best burger to be found is on par with (or worse than) a bad to mediocre burger in the U.S. I think there's probably a negligible chance that a non-U.S. restaurant is currently cooking the world's best burgers.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
This might as well just be "best burger in the U.S." I've been to (I think) 99 countries now and in almost all of them, the best burger to be found is on par with (or worse than) a bad to mediocre burger in the U.S. I think there's probably a negligible chance that a non-U.S. restaurant is currently cooking the world's best burgers.
I couldn't disagree more.

Plus, meat quality in North America tends to be rather bad (Hormone/chlorine meat) which is a big reason why most European won't touch US meat at all.

There are great Burger places all over the world.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
That sounds somewhat rubbish. Firstly, I'd suggest that Canada's range of burgers is incredibly similar to the US's. Second, many countries will have burgers made with high quality steak and ingredients mixed together by a Michelin level chef - if you are finding these on par or worse than a bad burger in the US (say Wendy's or TGI's) then you have a personal taste issue.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BD Gold BA Gold HiltonHonors Diamond AA Gold Virgin Silver
Disagree entirely. US beef really isn't that good. Hawksmoor in London serves one of the best burgers in the world. Dry aged grass fed beef (not grain fed) makes for great flavour and texture. In the US, the best burger that I've had consistently is from In-n-Out.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
It's pretty silly to say beef in the U.S. isn't good when you can get grass fed, grain fed, dry aged, wet aged, Kobe, Wagyu, domestic Wagyu and domesic Kobe, chemical free, steroid free, etc., etc., etc.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:56 am

It's pretty silly to say beef in the U.S. isn't good when you can get grass fed, grain fed, dry aged, wet aged, Kobe, Wagyu, domestic Wagyu and domesic Kobe, chemical free, steroid free, etc., etc., etc.
It's not really. You're listing the exceptions, rather than the norm.

On the whole, the standard of USDA prime beef is not great.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by FlyEDI
It's not really. You're listing the exceptions, rather than the norm.

On the whole, the standard of USDA prime beef is not great.
However, the "best" rated burgers usually are grass fed, Wagyu, Kobe, etc. Regardless, I think the topic probably is about taste - and that's a matter of taste.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:28 am

However, the "best" rated burgers usually are grass fed, Wagyu, Kobe, etc. Regardless, I think the topic probably is about taste - and that's a matter of taste.
Yes, I agree re taste...
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Just tried the legendary Minetta Tavern Black Label burger. Count me unimpressed.

They basically took very high quality meat mixed with some bone marrow to give a stronger taste and dumped it on a random bun with some onion. It was much too heavy and unbalanced for my liking - a great burger is not just a very beefy piece of meat.
Completely incorrect.
Not talking about the part where you say its not impressive to you. That's your opinion but most everything else you say is wrong, except for the high quality meat.

1- no marrow mixed in. That's called clarified butter.
2- some random bun? Apparently this was a big focus when making this burger. I don't think this constitutes random-

Once the beef blend was determined, the focus shifted to the supporting ingredients. "We originally wanted to try a potato rolls," says Nasr, but after consulting with head baker Paula Oland of Balthazar Bakery they decided that the Black Label needed a custom bun. "We have one of the top bakeries in America and we would foolish to not use it," states Nasr. The result of the collaboration was a brioche with a dark tan crust studded with sesame seeds—they add a pleasing "nuttiness," notes Nasr—with a creamy, eggy interior not unlike challah bread. The bun is about as sweet as a potato roll—in other words, far less cloying than most brioche. It also has far more salt and butter than normal—the bottom of the roll is greasy like a croissant. It is baked a day in advance so the bun can harden slightly overnight, allowing it to become more robust. It is then cut ahead of time to allow the open face to become slightly stale and better stand up to the torrents of juice that the Black Label patty gushes.

3-some onions-

The onions remain on the burger. While I don't usually order my burgers with cooked onions, the ones here—adhering as they do to classic technique (they could easily be the basis for the French onion soup at Balthazar)—are quite special and are far more involved that your average fried onion. They are sautéed ahead of time to the point where they just begin to caramelize but still retain a bit of snap.

4- No I do not work for them. I am a big fan of the BL Burger there tho.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/..._burger_1.html

Very curious to see what you think an impressive, balanced burger is.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:25 am

My favorite burgers come from Grease Burger Bar in West Palm Beach, Florida, USA.

The menu changes every so often which is nice, rather than every week like some "trendy" places. Many beers and whiskies to pair with your burger don't hurt either.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Disagree entirely. US beef really isn't that good. Hawksmoor in London serves one of the best burgers in the world. Dry aged grass fed beef (not grain fed) makes for great flavour and texture. In the US, the best burger that I've had consistently is from In-n-Out.
if the best burger you've had in the US is a fast food burger, then I am not going to take your opinion seriously.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:46 am

Quote:

I love Hawksmoor - for steak. Last burger I had there (Seven Dials) was terrible. Maybe a one-off
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:35 pm

Papadeaux in Dallas (and in DFW near gate A25) serves up a burger that is darn good. The waitress told me it is made from ground ribeye and filet mignon. I never thought of getting a burger in a seafood restaurant but I am glad I did. It was a big burger and served with a mountain of fries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.