Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Koa's Seaside Grill on the waterfront in Lahaina, Maui serves a really great double burger. Tastes best seated over the water looking at the whales playing in the channel between the islands.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Koa's Seaside Grill on the waterfront in Lahaina, Maui serves a really great double burger. Tastes best seated over the water looking at the whales playing in the channel between the islands.
In that setting, oven-roasted sawdust tastes pretty good. Especially if accompanied by a Kona Longboard.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:34 pm
uk1
Suspended

My wife and kids tell me that the best burger in the world is the one I make.

Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by skunker
Rocky's Crown Pub in San Diego. No frills, nothing fancy. Just a damn good burger.
http://www.rockyburgers.com/
Originally Posted by Dudemius
Oh my. Hadn't thought about that place in a while. Long ago I lived in Pacific Beach just around the corner. Always enjoyed Rocky's.
Lived in Mission Beach for a couple of years. Rockys was a regular lunch stop. Cheeseburger, extra onion, two beers, back to work.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by OB one
Lived in Mission Beach for a couple of years. Rockys was a regular lunch stop. Cheeseburger, extra onion, two beers, back to work.
And, the lunch special is like $5!

But, with a name like OB one I'm surprised you didn't live on the other side of the river and frequent Hodad's.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by skunker
And, the lunch special is like $5!

But, with a name like OB one I'm surprised you didn't live on the other side of the river and frequent Hodad's.
Been there plenty but never lived there, more often than not in OB was at the Catalina Lounge.

Still have one of these stickers on my car, and where is Freddie when you need her??? Robertos, maybe.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Best burger in the world

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but one of my favorites chefs is Sean Brock. I think his burger at Husk in Charleston SC is phenomenal. It's nothing fancy (ie not wagyu no foie no truffle or anything) and it uses American cheese (sacred bleu) but it is darn tasty.

Fdw
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
My wife and kids tell me that the best burger in the world is the one I make.

Even though the stacking order seems a bit odd, I have to admit, that is a d@mn fine looking burger, and I thank you for posting that picture. Do you grill over a gas flame or a wood flame?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:01 pm

You boys are making me want to visit. I'll be in SD next week, but I'm taking the Amtrak in and will be carless. It is a bit of a ways from my hotel.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
You boys are making me want to visit. I'll be in SD next week, but I'm taking the Amtrak in and will be carless. It is a bit of a ways from my hotel.
It's actually "featured" in Anchorman. I use the quotes because they use the name and their slogan, but not the actual location.

Unfortunately there really isn't anything else of interest near it unless you want to walk around the bay. UberX is really cheap though.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:31 pm

Been there plenty but never lived there, more often than not in OB was at the Catalina Lounge.

Still have one of these stickers on my car, and where is Freddie when you need her??? Robertos, maybe.
Cat Lounge is nice, but I'm a Pac Shores guy. Every drink is like $2.50!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:31 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
Even though the stacking order seems a bit odd, I have to admit, that is a d@mn fine looking burger, and I thank you for posting that picture. Do you grill over a gas flame or a wood flame?
Surely the best burgers are those made exactly to ones on personal preferences rather than from a standard menu ........

I have a lava grill in my kitchen which is used for steaks, burgers, chops, kebabs, satay, koftas, fish, flatbreads etc.

Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by uk1
Surely the best burgers are those made exactly to ones on personal preferences rather than from a standard menu ........

I have a lava grill in my kitchen which is used for steaks, burgers, chops, kebabs, satay, koftas, fish, flatbreads etc.

Looks fantastic, uk1. I'll drop by for lunch sometime.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:28 pm

The best burger in the world is the medium rare bacon cheeseburger with a slice of onion, some ketchup and some barbecue sauce that is in my mouth at any given moment.

Bacon, I have come to realize, is the truth. And when placed underneath a good cheddar atop a cheeseburger, it is the ultimate truth. Truth is beauty. Beauty is truth. A good bacon cheeseburger is both.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:48 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Looks fantastic, uk1. I'll drop by for lunch sometime.
You're welcome to!

You'll have to come via Singapore where I am currently sitting waiting for the day to start .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.