Best burger in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just got back from Miami where I ate at the Beer & Burger Joint. There's three in the area though I was at the location on Bay Blvd. in Miami Beach. Excellent little spot with good service and a ton of burgers you can choose from, or the option to build your own. I made one with Waygu Beef on Ciabatta topped with goat cheese and cucumbers. Fries are great too and you can get them done in truffle oil or duck fat. Plus the beer selection, both on tap and in bottles, is excellent.

Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:53 pm

I vote for the Village Burger at Parker Ranch Center in Waimea, Big Island, HI.

I had the Kahua Ranch Wagyu Beef Burger. The beef is grown in the hills above the village, processed locally, and ground every day.

The burger reminded me of how burgers tasted when I was young (in the 1960's).
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jologolf212 View Post
Minetta Tavern Black Label Burger = best burger in NYC.

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Based on my extensive research of the New York burger scene (partially chronicled here), I would agree.
Good, but I would rank Raoul's Bar-only Burger and Benoit (NY not Paris) burger as better.

Raoul's comes with the au poivre sauce that their fantastic steak-au-poivre (and bar steak) comes with and

Benoit's comes with a decadent Bernaise sauce.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by shaker58
au cheval in chicago best burger ever.
+1......I usually have it once a month. Their fios and eggs is insane too
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:25 pm

Always got told by friends that MAX Burger (Swedish chain) got good burgers, but never got to try it while in Sweden/Scandinavia.

On a recent trip to Abu Dhabi stumbled upon one of their outlets (didn't know they existed outside of Scandinavia), was hungry, and gave it a try. 14 Dirham (2.80€) for the "Frisco meal" (http://www.maxarabia.com/en/UAE/Food...s/Frisco-Meal/) - it was meant as one of their smaller burgers meal, and it tasted really good.

French fries as sides also tasted really good - freshly fried for sure.

It wasn't the best Burger I've ever had, but damn tasty for a chain one - and at only 60% of the costs you would pay at McDonalds for a similar meal (McTasty comes relatively close) definitely a great deal. So yes, for chain burgers, MAX got me sucked in now
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
The Denny's Classic Burger at $6 including fries is remarkably good.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Next time ya'll are in Austin, you'll have to drive out to Alamo Springs (not far from Luckenbach). Texas Monthly had a photo of their burger on the cover in their best burgers in Texas edition.

http://www.fredericksburgtexas-onlin...mosprings.html
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The Abbey Burger at 7 Monks in Traverse City, MI. Had it last week, and I can't tell you what made it so good, but it was the best burger I have had in quite some time.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:17 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Everybody has their personal favorites. For a chain, Kraze Burger (a South Korean company) has some pretty good burgers. When I was stationed for a year in Bosnia in the 1990s, I really had dreams about Krystal burgers. First thing I did when I got to the States was to run to a Krystal near Fort Benning! I felt I was welcomed home!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
The Globe Hong Kong in Sheung Wan.

It's not the best but it is one that I keep looking back on. The organic beef burger might be hands down, the best in Hong Kong. It's a burger I kept wanting more of and was sad when I was down to the last bite.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by quick_dry
'the Black Dog Burger' from Black Dog Burger in Beroun, Czech Republic.
Friendly American owner, locally produced beef, buns from the bakery a few blocks down, hands down the best burger I've ever had.
Now moved into bigger location around the corner and renamed BlackDog Bar and Grille/Cantina. Burgers come in three sizes and how can you not like a burger named "Drunken Husband, or Heart Attack, or Smelly Frenchman?"

Best burger I ever ate as well. $2 for a .5l local beer helps too.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:39 pm

The Nook in St. Paul, MN has the best burger I've ever eaten, hands down. My wife prefers the Blue Door Pub, also in St. Paul.

Honorable mention to the Corner Bistro in NYC. It's pretty plain, but was a darn good burger.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
The "colossal burger" (pastrami burger) I had today at Galaxy Hamburgers in Cerritos, CA is the best burger I've had since the last one I had there around 10 years ago. Everything on their menu is good, most of it excellent. There are many similar excellent burger joints in the greater LA area, but Galaxy is the benchmark.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:09 am
hmv

Last month I had a great burger at De Burgerij in Antwerp, Belgium. Great restaurant for a good burger.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:11 am
Suspended

I like cheese burger very much. McDonald, KFC and Subway are the best place the provide variety of burger and delicious too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.