Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Omelette (2 egg + 1 white) with leftovers - poached salmon, sautéed bell pepper, sautéed onion, sautéed jalapeño)
leftover Caesar salad from Thursday night

all quite excellent!
corky likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Yesterday's dinner comprised Sautéed Scallops with Green Asparagus and a slice of Black Pudding; Grilled Swordfish with steamed Broccoli, Grilled Zucchini and Red Bell Peppers together with a Tomato/Red Onion/Jalapeno/Black Olives/Chives salad; Espresso Pannacotta for the finale.
corky and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:10 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Ossobuco braised with vegetables over rice last night for dinner! Cooked it with whatever veggies I could find in the fridge!

This reminds me of the good ol days when we could travel .... this is from high tea time at at IC Club - Intercontinental Bangkok!

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Tried my hand at Regina’s butter biscuits (of SFO’s Biscuits and Blues). Not bad for a first try. Served them with creamed chicken and mashed potatoes. Also made some marmalade butter for the extras.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 17, 2020 at 3:25 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:18 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kalboz
This reminds me of the good ol days when we could travel .... this is from high tea time at at IC Club - Intercontinental Bangkok!
I have fond memories of the IC Bangkok brekkie and dinner buffets, circa 2007... especially some coconut jam.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I have fond memories of the IC Bangkok brekkie and dinner buffets, circa 2007... especially some coconut jam.
Still as good as late as last January when I had my breakfast Bento Box at the IC Club ...

Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sunday bruncheon:
croissants
chocolate croissants
soft scrambled eggs
egg omelette with sautéed onion, yellow bell, and Mediterranean red spicy oil (nice splatter!)

Ossobuco braised with vegetables over rice last night for dinner! Cooked it with whatever veggies I could find in the fridge!
gorgeous - that’s short rib, yes? Or oxtail? How do you braise it - I can make a short rib stew / birria plus I also like your dish.
corky likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
gorgeous - that’s short rib, yes? Or oxtail? How do you braise it - I can make a short rib stew / birria plus I also like your dish.
Thank you!

I got some lamb shanks (3 lbs) and the butcher cut each to 3 pieces. The recipe is simple and I followed one by Julia Childs with an East Coast chef I watched on PBS:

- Heat a large pot with some olive oil and butter - make sure that the pot is large enough to hold all of your ingredients covered in liquid
- Season the shanks with salt and pepper and sear the outsides to a nice dark brown. Set aside.
- Add the vegetables and cook to pan roast them, giving them a nice golden color and allowing the natural sugars to caramelize.
- Deglaze with the red wine and chicken stock - add the shanks, filling in the empty spaces with the bones
- Cover the ingredients with stock and bring to boil.
- Transfer to 430F degrees preheated oven.
- Cook for another 90 minutes turning the shanks every 30 minutes (twice).
- Remove the shanks and set aside covered in a warm place.
- Strain the broth, once through a sieve, and then again through the same sieve lined with cheesecloth or a paper towel.
- Use some broth to make the sauce to a nice glace, adjusting seasoning as you go.
- Use the mushed veggies, they are delicious - or, you can toss away!
- Serve over rice, risotto, or pasta
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Polish sausage, sauerkraut, and stone ground mustard with a handful of macadamia nuts for lunch.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you!

I got some lamb shanks (3 lbs) and the butcher cut each to 3 pieces. The recipe is simple and I followed one by Julia Childs with an East Coast chef I watched on PBS:
Lamb! Wow. Ok I’ll get it. I’ve not bought lamb in ages; bought ground lamb for a meat marinara sauce around 2014, but only once.
I’m copy - pasting these instructions to make myself a recipe pdf.
Thank you!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
Lamb! Wow. Ok I’ll get it. I’ve not bought lamb in ages; bought ground lamb for a meat marinara sauce around 2014, but only once.
I’m copy - pasting these instructions to make myself a recipe pdf.
Thank you!
You can find lamb at ethnic supermarkets and sometimes at Safeways. Costco carries New Zealand or Australian lamb chops and maybe some other cuts but your best bet is ethnic supermarkets (Middle Eastern, Italian, Asian, etc.). Some people object to the smell of lamb, so you can substitute with beef or pork as you see fit but basically follow the same recipe. Forgot to mention that you may add 2 bay leaves and some thyme (fresh or dry) to the broth prior to boiling.

Bon appetit!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can find lamb at ethnic supermarkets and sometimes at Safeways. Costco carries New Zealand or Australian lamb chops and maybe some other cuts but your best bet is ethnic supermarkets (Middle Eastern, Italian, Asian, etc.). Some people object to the smell of lamb, so you can substitute with beef or pork as you see fit but basically follow the same recipe. Forgot to mention that you may add 2 bay leaves and some thyme (fresh or dry) to the broth prior to boiling.

Bon appetit!
I use veal shanks for osso...love it. It is a nice winter comfort food and I love it over mashed potatoes .
Kalboz and TWA884 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Late Sunday luncheon
reheated leftover pasta with meatballs & Rao’s marinara
Reheated leftover panic pizza with black olive, tomato chunks, onion, ricotta, and Italian chilis (whole Calabrian chili)

these leftovers were really really good. I’m pleased.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I love your photos. Inspiring to see creative but homemade food. Grilled shrimp marinate: Tomato sauce (used Rao’s bc no straight sauce in pantry), olive oil, vinegar, garlic, fresh basil, chipotle seasoning. Fresh corn off the cob.

corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

Today’s ham and cheese soufflés really puffed!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Today’s ham and cheese soufflés really puffed!
gorgeous soufflé. Recipe please? I love soufflé.

is that the Silpat for the baking sheet or the half sheet done for Martha?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.