Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
sweet - we have an extremely depressingly slow lemon tree and I have to buy lemons a lot. Sigh.
I gave up on growing lemons...so much money wasted on trees. I have friends who sometimes have more lemons than they can use but I had to buy some this week. One friend a few months ago had giant bags out in front of her house for people to take. I would come home with a few shopping bags full...I made 2 batches of limoncello.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by gaobest
and we have 1 safeway-bought San Luis brand of sourdough, 1 quarter pack of an emergency loaf bought before we discovered our love for San Luis, and the lux $12 tartine Country loaf (32-Oz); Im taking forever with that emergency loaf.
Do you keep the "emergency" loaf frozen? I would think that mold would grow on it over time, even in a refrigerator.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by corky
I gave up on growing lemons...so much money wasted on trees. I have friends who sometimes have more lemons than they can use but I had to buy some this week. One friend a few months ago had giant bags out in front of her house for people to take. I would come home with a few shopping bags full...I made 2 batches of limoncello.
We got lucky, as the (healthy) lemon tree came with the house when we bought it 10 years ago. I would have never believed citrus could grow in our cool, foggy climate, but it does with nothing more than occasional water and a feeding once a year.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by teddybear99
Do you keep the "emergency" loaf frozen? I would think that mold would grow on it over time, even in a refrigerator.
There are only 5-6 slices so Im ready to release.
we lack freezer space for it.
as we downsized our ice cream, I saw yet another Safeway promo so I got the Robbins mint chocolate chip & chocolate chip and some Haagen Dasz flavors that are new or a rebuy; Ive already forgotten.

Originally Posted by work2fly
We got lucky, as the (healthy) lemon tree came with the house when we bought it 10 years ago. I would have never believed citrus could grow in our cool, foggy climate, but it does with nothing more than occasional water and a feeding once a year.
lucky awesome. Im thrilled for you!
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Froot Loops and Chinese food for breakfast

After a stressful return trip from Jakarta yesterday, and a heavy duty massage, I slept from 10pm to 3am. My daughter came in after I woke up and brought up a fresh box of Froot Loops and milk to the bedroom to eat.

Once again, I noticed that the coloring of the Froot Loops is different than the US. This box is manufactured in Thailand for the Indonesian market. Perhaps certain food colorings are banned here? Only two colors, orange/red and yellow are similar to the US version.

Followed up with food I was too tired to finish last night. Crispy pork, and garlic green beans.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Breakfast this morning ...toasted homemade banana bread with condiments!

corky and exerda like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Breakfast this morning ...toasted homemade banana bread with condiments!
So gorgeous. Mega fun.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddybear99
It does, but it takes a couple months.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grilled cheese - Alfaro sourdough with tillamook Swiss & Lucerne sharp cheddar including tomato & hass avocado
kettle jalapeo chips
extra hass avocado
iced water

i have officially finished the Alfaro sourdough and now only have our child’s preferred San Luis sourdough and my preferred (and 1.6X the cost) Tartine Country bread. I love the Tartine so much. Actually it costs more because the San Luis is sliced thinner than how I can slice the Tartine. They’re thicker slices, so maybe more like 2.4X the cost.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

Tried my hand at Regina’s butter biscuits (of SFO’s Biscuits and Blues). Not bad for a first try. Served them with creamed chicken and mashed potatoes. Also made some marmalade butter for the extras.
corky and work2fly like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis

Tried my hand at Reginas butter biscuits (of SFOs Biscuits and Blues). Not bad for a first try. Served them with creamed chicken and mashed potatoes. Also made some marmalade butter for the extras.
They look delicious...love biscuits. My favorite biscuits and gravy breakfast place was a victim of lack of business because of covid and had to close unfortunately.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer

Tried my hand at Reginas butter biscuits (of SFOs Biscuits and Blues). Not bad for a first try. Served them with creamed chicken and mashed potatoes. Also made some marmalade butter for the extras.
Those are exactly how I like my biscuits to look. Yum.
corky likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Those look delicious!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Petrale sole filet fish sauted with onion / yellow bell / zucchini in olive oil & leftover canned Chardonnay, spritzed with lemon
reheated leftover Mexican rice
Teaspoon of green spicy Mediterranean sauce

cold (previously roasted) beets
corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Free agent

Ghost pepper hot sauce

Made some hot sauce. It's quite fiery.

Been eating a lot of jerk chicken and pork with all the scotch bonnets I grew.

Also, a facsimile of halal cart chicken with white sauce using tomatoes and cucumbers from the backyard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.