Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
That's a fact. We went to the Atlanta Falcons vs. Detroit Lions game at Wembley a couple of weeks ago. Took over an hour to get out of the stadium and on the tube back to Central London. It was actually incredibly organized. Slow, but organized, as the police were holding the crowd back once the tube station was full until the station crowd thinned out.
She did tell me that they found some "back street" way of getting out and that saved them a lot of time, she was going to use it again this weekend, I have no clue about the specifics though. I flew back home to the US to go to the All Blacks/USA rugby game at Soldier Field before flying back here, it was a sold out affair and so busy that we ended up walking back to our hotel so it happens everywhere I guess.

I was in UC on VS 07 LHR - LAX last week and there was an older gentleman that looked so familiar but I couldn't place him and I have yet to research who it was.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Darius Rucker was on the same flight I was CHS-ATL on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Octavia Spencer this morning ATL-LGA
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Do politicians count as celebrities?

Newt and Callista Gingrich in the ATL Terminal A SkyClub. Nobody actually went up to talk to him but he had his campaign smile at the ready.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CAETravlr
Darius Rucker was on the same flight I was CHS-ATL on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago.
That's awesome, I fly CHS-ATL and vice versa several times a month on various days of the week and have never gotten to see him.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by landeej
Newt and Callista Gingrich in the ATL Terminal A SkyClub. Nobody actually went up to talk to him but he had his campaign smile at the ready.

That's interesting. Back in 2012, during primary season, several of his senior staff reportedly left the campaign, because of her demands that they use private jets when the campaign coffers were nearly drained, amongst other issues.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Hulk Hogan on DL from ATL to TPA yesterday
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
That's interesting. Back in 2012, during primary season, several of his senior staff reportedly left the campaign, because of her demands that they use private jets when the campaign coffers were nearly drained, amongst other issues.
Which is how OPM became such a negative phrase.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
That's awesome, I fly CHS-ATL and vice versa several times a month on various days of the week and have never gotten to see him.
It is funny, he was also parked next to me one day at a shopping center in Mt. Pleasant back in June and just pulling out as I was getting into my truck, I see him around town from time to time. I keep saying I am going to try and grab a selfie when I run into him, but didn't have the nerve when I saw him on the plane.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by landeej
We saw them from a distance in the DCA SkyClub a few weeks ago. I'd love to have Callista's hair lacquer concession.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Sugar Ray Leonard, at the LA SC. Would not have recognized him had I not been told in advance by that friendly sales lady who hawks Delta credit cards in the hallway of the 50 series gates. But there he was, sitting right there in that chair in front of the help desk. I felt fairly certain that I could take him on. "And in this corner, we have.."

Television makes people appear larger than life, especially decades ago, when that was the only window we had to the world outside of our own lives. But in real life, his entire arm is about the length of my forearm. I may not pack much of a punch, but he'd have a hard time reaching me with his formerly furious flurries..

Last edited by Flyertall; Nov 18, 2014 at 8:07 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:15 pm

Stevie Wonder at DTW South SC yesterday evening.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Captain Keith of the Wizard just boarded flight from LAX to New Orleans. Got in priority line so I assume was sitting up front.

He looks taller in person.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Greg Scruggs, DE for Seahawks was on my flight MCI-LAX yesterday.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
Captain Keith of the Wizard just boarded flight from LAX to New Orleans. Got in priority line so I assume was sitting up front.

He looks taller in person.
Workboat show in New Orleans this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.