Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:30 pm
Original Member

DL 80 LAX-ATL today in F, Miss Universe Australia...gorgeous woman in an even more gorgeous dress...
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKbritt
DL 80 LAX-ATL today in F, Miss Universe Australia...gorgeous woman in an even more gorgeous dress...
I looked her up on the Google, I am jealous, but please don't tell Mrs. Pretzelsandpeanuts.

Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Diamond
I had two celebrity sightings this year, I was in BOS and the plane had a maintenance issue but they let F board anyway. Billy Gardell from Mike and Molly was in F, although I didn't realize it until they asked him his name as we deplaned as the maintenance issue was more severe than they first thought.

The second one was leaving LAX, I was in the SC and there were about 8 security guards walking around and the area near the restrooms was blocked off. Well those security guards turned out to be Secret Service as Jimmy Carter was going LAX to MSP for Joan Mondale's funeral. I got a last minute upgrade, and didn't know it at first but sat directly behind him. Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight). They let a few people take pictures with him briefly before deplaning and then rushed him to a waiting vehicle.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by brianbCID
Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight).
He does indeed.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I figure anyone from the Sopranos is worth a first post from a long time lurker.

January 23rd, FLL to JKF, Tony Sirico A.K.A. Paulie Walnuts Gualtieri. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Sirico

Got on the plan wearing his Sopranos crew jacket.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:04 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
I looked her up on the Google, I am jealous, but please don't tell Mrs. Pretzelsandpeanuts.

Funny enough, she was in this exact same dress from SYD..

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/vide...rse-australia/
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Marclaw
Got on the plan wearing his Sopranos crew jacket.
That's a bit sad.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ledfish
That's a bit sad.
Right? Someone's either desperate for attention or can't let go. Maybe both.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by richardinmotion
I must be getting old... I recognize about 1 in 20 of the "celebrities" mentioned in this thread.
Don't worry, I have no clue who most of them are either!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by brianbCID
The second one was leaving LAX, I was in the SC and there were about 8 security guards walking around and the area near the restrooms was blocked off. Well those security guards turned out to be Secret Service as Jimmy Carter was going LAX to MSP for Joan Mondale's funeral. I got a last minute upgrade, and didn't know it at first but sat directly behind him. Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight). They let a few people take pictures with him briefly before deplaning and then rushed him to a waiting vehicle.
Some time ago, I saw President Carter on the LGA DCA shuttle. After they cabin door was shut, he got up out of his seat, walked to the back of the plane and proceeded to introduce himself to ever passenger and shake their hand. When I asked about this, the flight attendant told me that he does it every time he flies the shuttle.

Regardless of what you think of his politics, it was pretty cool. Ex-Presidents are a pretty small club.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I've actually met or been close to Jimmy Carter five different times over almost 40 years (the first time was when I was a radio news reporter in South Bend, Indiana and Carter visited one of Notre Dame's spring football practices to have a photo op with Dan Devine and the boys); two of the five happened on Delta flights. Whether or not you agree with his policies, you can really see that he is a natural at the retail side of politics, and that he still enjoys it.

Probably just as remarkable is that he is still hale, hearty and active at age 90 (his birthday was October 1, 1924).
Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I chatted at a gate in LAX with Maya Warren, one of the two "sweet scientists" who won the last Amazing Race. This was in early December; she knew the outcome of the race (she said the last episodes were filmed in June) but did not reveal it except to say that she and her partner were the only women to make it to the final episode.
"Only all women team" maybe, but not "only women", as there were three other women in the final episode. This was the same Amazing Race that included two FAs (mother/daughter) based in DTW. Gee, I wonder which airline they worked for?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:38 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I got a last minute upgrade, and didn't know it at first but sat directly behind him. Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight). They let a few people take pictures with him briefly before deplaning and then rushed him to a waiting vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, do Pres. Cater's agents ride in F or back in Y?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by CMK10
So I think this counts for half a point: A Rod Stewart impersonator at the ATL A17 Skyclub. He looks like like him...no idea how he sings though.
Did we meet there? I was the guy in a wheelchair at the bar. Talked to him for a few minutes - nice guy. He performs all over the world, he said.

Originally Posted by bennos
This was the same Amazing Race that included two FAs (mother/daughter) based in DTW. Gee, I wonder which airline they worked for?
Yes, but they wore very poor FA imitation uniforms in the title/intro piece. You'd think CBS could have done a bit better.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta PM
Met Al Bernstein (showtime boxing commentator) at the gate on a flight from LAS to JFK talked boxing with him for 10 minutes while we were waiting to board really nice gent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.