Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM 360, Qatar Plat, Etihad Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I got a last minute upgrade, and didn't know it at first but sat directly behind him. Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight). They let a few people take pictures with him briefly before deplaning and then rushed him to a waiting vehicle.
Just curious, do Pres. Cater's agents ride in F or back in Y?[/QUOTE]

Normally the supervisor will, the others in Y unless they're upgraded. Everyone I knew working that detail was diamond (or platinum prior to the diamond tier) so they often got the upgrades.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by armature
Yesterday (Monday) morning, AUS-JFK, Mr. Bill Cosby
I hope you didn't accept any drinks off him....
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Did we meet there? I was the guy in a wheelchair at the bar. Talked to him for a few minutes - nice guy. He performs all over the world, he said.
I must have just missed you because I didn't see you, shame too, would have been nice to talk to a FTer during my stay.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I got a last minute upgrade, and didn't know it at first but sat directly behind him. Once the door closed, he got up and shook everyones hand row by row (which based on previous posts he must do this on every flight). They let a few people take pictures with him briefly before deplaning and then rushed him to a waiting vehicle.
Just curious, do Pres. Cater's agents ride in F or back in Y?[/QUOTE]

When I saw him he had one agent that was seated right next to him (which you'd expect) in F.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:26 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Thanks MLCJ and Marclaw.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
In the ATL B10 SC right now with Mike Huckabee (& I guess the Mrs.)

Well, I'm not really with him!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:35 am

LAX lounge Jan. 13 @ 6am

Alan Cumming (Scottish American actor - currently Eli on Good Wife, was Nightcrawler in Xmen 2, also in Spy Kids) with his partner. No one seemed to recognize him given the early time, they were adjacent to the VERY clueless couple from Midwest who had no idea they were sitting near such FABulousness!

Whisked away to their flight by a Delta agent. He put on a hat in an attempt to be incognito. I'm a big fan so I'd recognize him anywhere. Assumed he was in town for Golden Globes and headed back to NYC for Cabaret.

Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond and MM, UA 1K, Marriott LTT
I did not sit next to a celebrity, but a true American Hero on my flight from ATL to EWR yesterday. Story Musgrave. Real deal BTDT NASA astronaut.

http://www.storymusgrave.com/biography.htm

He was a pleasure to share the ride with and a gentleman. I meet some interesting people on planes, but Story is at the top of the list for cool dudes.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
David Hobbs

AUS-MSP-MKE back when F1 was in town in November. David Hobbs was on both legs returning back to Milwaukee. Former F1 driver and now F1 announcer on NBC: http://en.espnf1.com/brm/motorsport/driver/893.html

Sat in the exit row for both flights. I remember specifically getting the comp UG and watching all the F1 fans gush as he passed back to his seat. I was thinking, "Should he be up here or something?"

I didn't know who this guy was until someone told me. That being said, I don't follow F1.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta, American
Meredith Baxter from 'Family Ties' yesterday LAX-ATL
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by C17Flyer
Meredith Baxter from 'Family Ties' yesterday LAX-ATL
Hooray! A name I actually recognize!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta, American
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Hooray! A name I actually recognize!
I cringed when someone would say "I loved you on Petticoat Junction"!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by C17Flyer
I cringed when someone would say "I loved you on Petticoat Junction"!
You were in Petticoat Junction?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL GM
Not on DL, but VX. ORD-LAX, Dec 30th. Comedian Pat Oswalt and his family had all of Row 2. I know him best from King of Queens. I was in 1F; Pat was right behind me, but I didn't feel like bugging him when he was with his family.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
had Diamond Dallas Page on my PHL-DTW flight Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.