Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Apple and Goat Cheese Tortelloni, or Crab Cakes?

What say you, anyone had these recently?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
So flew Premium Select JFK-CDG and the meal was the exact same as coach including wooden utensils and that weird shaped tray. Is this a permanent change? I could have sworn the last time I flew PS before Covid the meal was more like Delta One than coach.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:45 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
So flew Premium Select JFK-CDG and the meal was the exact same as coach including wooden utensils and that weird shaped tray. Is this a permanent change? I could have sworn the last time I flew PS before Covid the meal was more like Delta One than coach.
Sadly, PS no longer has differentiated catering vs Y and it appears that this COVID-related cutback is here to stay
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:45 am

Just flew FCO-ATL in PS, and it was dismal. Food was inedible. Had to beg for a second glass of sub par wine too.....
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
With the return of hot/regular meals in March 2022, is DL going to start special meal selections for those Domestic Flights? Pre-COVID DL basically offered special meals on all flights that had meals (at least in F)
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
I'm booked in FC late march on a 1,500 mile route with no special options available. Additionally, booked in FC again in July w/o options.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The first class snack basket has been hit or miss lately. My OO flights (even the quick MSN-DTW flight) have consistently had numerous choices, including pistachios, graham crackers, chips, etc. My DL flights have been hit or miss depending on what they felt like catering.
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by Play by Plane
Just flew FCO-ATL in PS, and it was dismal. Food was inedible. Had to beg for a second glass of sub par wine too.....
dang D1 FCO-ATL was Michelin star quality to the power of 10 - look at this yumminess in all its glory

Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
That steak actually looks great to me! Sure, a bit rare for a majority of tastes I'm sure, but perfect for me.

Have two Intl D1 segments coming up late March/early April, the first since 2019, looking forward to them.
Boraxo and Duke787 like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Play by Plane
hope you wrote this in to customer care about the subpar service
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
That steak actually looks great to me! Sure, a bit rare for a majority of tastes I'm sure, but perfect for me.

Have two Intl D1 segments coming up late March/early April, the first since 2019, looking forward to them.
Am I right the steak is two notches to the left of medium rare? (I guess rare?) - I usually eat medium rare.

without a word of a lie, DOMESTIC D1 food has generally been spot on this year - only had one bad meal… and at least three wow this is delicious ones.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This is still very rare in fine wine. Sure, there are some very good $15-$25 bottles that are moving away from cork, but not common at all.
I'm not saying it's common, I'm saying it's becoming more common. And of course the expensive stuff that depends on the label to justify its price tag is going to resist changes, while upstarts that depend on the contents of the bottle to compete will adopt things that help preserve the integrity of the wine.

In any case this is irrelevant because delta isn't serving what you're thinking of when you say "fine wine." Most of the bottles on their wine list are topping out around $15.
quoo and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by ryandc99
Topic check - debating corks vs cans vs twist off really is not the purpose of this thread.
but the topic is meal service, this is part of the meal service??? If people are going to complain about an aspect of the meal service it seems on topic to note that their complaint is rooted in myth rather than actual fact.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
but the topic is meal service, this is part of the meal service??? If people are going to complain about an aspect of the meal service it seems on topic to note that their complaint is rooted in myth rather than actual fact.
agree

If we stayed exactly on somebody's target theses threads would only last three posts
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Return of old D1 meal service mid-March

Heard from a few FAs that the old D1 meal service with the fruit and cheese and sundae cart will be returning to international around mid-March…will try to get more info…
dw, spudley007, quoo and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.