Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
Was the meal served with metal utensils or wooden (to settle a question in a different thread)?
Metal utensils, just like a transcontinental D1 breakfast set-up. I don't know if it was a temporary solution during a transitional period.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SmartSky
Metal utensils, just like a transcontinental D1 breakfast set-up. I don't know if it was a temporary solution during a transitional period.
My interpretation is that they are only using the bamboo utensils in the FC meal boxes and with long-haul coach meals where they had been previously been using disposable plastic ones. I don't believe they intend to replace the metal ones used with FC hot meal service with bamboo as the metal ones are reused and thus would generally be considered "sustainable".
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.

D1 to Boston (above) - strange choices

D1 to LAX - much prefer these options than the ones to BOS - but excited with both choices
Boraxo likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
D1 to Boston (above) - strange choices

D1 to LAX - much prefer these options than the ones to BOS - but excited with both choices
Please report back on this one, I know it's Do&Co catering since it's ex-BOS but I am very curious about lobster bisque on a plane (the lamb shank too for that matter).
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Please report back on this one, I know it's Do&Co catering since it's ex-BOS but I am very curious about lobster bisque on a plane (the lamb shank too for that matter).
what is Do&Co? All my Boston D1 meals have been FANTASTIC - far better than my international ones; and a little better than coming back from SEA and LAX
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
what is Do&Co? All my Boston D1 meals have been FANTASTIC - far better than my international ones; and a little better than coming back from SEA and LAX
Well your experiences would check out because they are known to be one of the best caterers out there for in flight meals, Delta has them for ex-DTW and ex-BOS flights. British Airways and Turkish among others also use them for catering.
cmd320, Duke787 and dtwlarry like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Well your experiences would check out because they are known to be one of the best caterers out there for in flight meals, Delta has them for ex-DTW and ex-BOS flights. British Airways and Turkish among others also use them for catering.
Austrian Airlines too -- have had some great J meals on OS in the past
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA

Why can't they spread this out to ATL???
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
"Starting March 15, we’ll be enhancing service for select international and transoceanic Delta One customers. Customers will again enjoy our chef-curated meals via a multi-step, three-course service. Customers can also enjoy more options for their pre-departure beverages, like mimosas, and snack on new cocktail bites before meal service. And my personal favorite: customers can again indulge with more dessert options, choosing between one of our decadent plated desserts or an ice cream sundae with an array of topping options. "

https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

All of this sounds good, but "select" is so non-descriptive.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Glassware is back on short hops

MSP-DEN

Glassware and the full snack basket has returned to domestic FC.
demkr, DLASflyer and keyw like this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Why can't they spread this out to ATL???
you’re missing out - I’ll report back on these meals I posted about above.

I try not to be negative on here but BOS to XXX meals are the greatest. Much better than LAX to XXX and SEA to XXX… JFK is very good too but not quite as awesome as BOS. I have limited experience with ATL.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
MSP-DEN

Glassware and the full snack basket has returned to domestic FC.
Did it also have bananas like the before times, I kinda miss having bananas in the FC basket.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
Did it also have bananas like the before times, I kinda miss having bananas in the FC basket.
No bananas… but the sky club is stocked
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
"Starting March 15, we’ll be enhancing service for select international and transoceanic Delta One customers. Customers will again enjoy our chef-curated meals via a multi-step, three-course service. Customers can also enjoy more options for their pre-departure beverages, like mimosas, and snack on new cocktail bites before meal service. And my personal favorite: customers can again indulge with more dessert options, choosing between one of our decadent plated desserts or an ice cream sundae with an array of topping options. "

https://news.delta.com/hot-meals-and...t-delta-flight

All of this sounds good, but "select" is so non-descriptive.
I feel like this announcement didn't get enough trumpets. As someone with upcoming international D1 trips who has been jealously eyeing superior domestic D1 service I'm pretty excited (and hoping select markets including SLC-CDG and AMS-SLC).
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by DCWeasel
I feel like this announcement didn't get enough trumpets. As someone with upcoming international D1 trips who has been jealously eyeing superior domestic D1 service I'm pretty excited (and hoping select markets including SLC-CDG and AMS-SLC).

Sounds great, but until I actually see this on the flight I'm on, I don't know what to make of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.