Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:48 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Yes. It was standard for domestic first as far back as I remember.
And it was also available in MC/C+. Bailey's and the Biscoff cookies were a great combo.
JBJ2435 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by zitsky
Thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve flown. Do planes still have those big propeller things?
Yes -- and if you fly Spirit you have to pay an extra $3 to avoid having to go outside and spin it yourself
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by zitsky
Thanks. It’s been a while since I’ve flown. Do planes still have those big propeller things?
You need to wear a propeller beanie, just in case.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Pre-order options for JFK - SFO next week (D1). Any thoughts? I'm inclined to go short ribs but the gemelli sounds intriguing. I also have never had impossible meat (of any kind) so maybe a low-risk way to try:

Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Duke787
Pre-order options for JFK - SFO next week (D1). Any thoughts? I'm inclined to go short ribs but the gemelli sounds intriguing. I also have never had impossible meat (of any kind) so maybe a low-risk way to try:
I've never tried the impossible meatballs but they have had positive reviews on FT!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I also have never had impossible meat (of any kind) so maybe a low-risk way to try:
Just note that, should you be sensitive to salt, they definitely have more sodium then their meat counterparts.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
Just note that, should you be sensitive to salt, they definitely have more sodium then their meat counterparts.
That’s good to know — I do try to manage my sodium intake but it’s not anything I have to actively worry about so I should be okay.

I would be curious to know how the sodium level in impossible meatballs compares to the other meal options here. I find most airplane food is heavy on the salt to try and get a flavor through
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
That’s good to know — I do try to manage my sodium intake but it’s not anything I have to actively worry about so I should be okay.

I would be curious to know how the sodium level in impossible meatballs compares to the other meal options here. I find most airplane food is heavy on the salt to try and get a flavor through
If I have the same options (quite likely), I'll probably order the fakeballs. I've made them at home and they were ok. They definitely need a good sear before saucing them. I'd expect the overall "health quality" of the various options on your menu to be fairly similar, except for perhaps the grain bowl.

3 Impossible meatballs contain 400mg of sodium, which is a de minimis contribution to sodium intake on a travel day. I'd be more concerned with the Health Sauce (i.e., pesto cream) glooped over them.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:49 am

Trans on Delta One red eye meal service

Haven’t been able to find an answer here yet. Just wondering if anyone knows what the meal service is if any on late night (9pm-11:59pm) departures from LAX-JFK in Delta One these days. I know in the past they had more of a hamburger type tray, but wondering if they have the usual Delta One dinner meals now transcon overnight. Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Does anyone know the meal service on the dinner JFK-SAN flight in First Class?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holocker
Does anyone know the meal service on the dinner JFK-SAN flight in First Class?
Currently, cold meal boxes (aside from domestic D1 routes, only FC on BOS-SEA/SFO and JFK-SEA get hot meals). Hopefully, hot meals will start returning on March 1st -- https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...-meal-service/
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by blurmadnes
Haven’t been able to find an answer here yet. Just wondering if anyone knows what the meal service is if any on late night (9pm-11:59pm) departures from LAX-JFK in Delta One these days. I know in the past they had more of a hamburger type tray, but wondering if they have the usual Delta One dinner meals now transcon overnight. Thanks!
The red-eyes on both LAX and SFO-JFK now feature the full dinner meal selections.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
The red-eyes on both LAX and SFO-JFK now feature the full dinner meal selections.
Same on SEA-BOS red-eye.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
TPG Visit to NYC Kitchen

A lovely piece of fluff for your degustation delight!! (From Websters: Definition of degustation: the action or an instance of tasting especially in a series of small portions - and don't we Delta FT'ers know all about small portions? )

[size=13px]https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...nd-the-scenes/ [/size]

(Apologies, I don't know how to make the link work as a link)
zeer0 likes this.

Last edited by dtwlarry; Feb 17, 2022 at 7:54 am Reason: Ineptitude
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
A lovely piece of fluff for your degustation delight!! (From Websters: Definition of degustation: the action or an instance of tasting especially in a series of small portions - and don't we Delta FT'ers know all about small portions? )

[size=13px]https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...nd-the-scenes/ [/size]

(Apologies, I don't know how to make the link work as a link)

Good for New York. Now upgrade Atlanta with something similar.

Because I haven't seen that breakfast on any of my flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.