Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:18 am

Boarding order

Is it normal that Delta is still boarding back to front and ignoring zones?
I was surprised to board at the very end being in row 18 on an A321 as FO.

Last edited by sergent; Dec 26, 2021 at 10:23 am
Old Dec 26, 2021, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sergent
Is it normal that Delta is still boarding back to front and ignoring zones?
I was surprised to board at the very end being in row 18 on an A321 as FO.
Definitely not normal. It's been several months since I've experienced back to front boarding and all my recent flights have been zone based.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
For the status extension to 2023, anyone has seen their 2022 status showing the extended status at delta.com or app? Mine still showing Skymiles member, no status.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My extension (DM with earned PM using the MQD waiver) has been showing for more than a month.
simonsuo likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
For the status extension to 2023, anyone has seen their 2022 status showing the extended status at delta.com or app? Mine still showing Skymiles member, no status.
It appears you may have participated in status match challenge in 2020. There was another person with status via match challenge who posted they did not get an extension through 2022. When they announced status extension in 2020, they explicitly stated that those who had match challenged after July 1, 2019 would have their status extended through 2021 status year to Jan 31, 2022 (normally, it would have ended on Jan 31, 2021). However, they didn't make any similar statements when they announced status extensions back in July of this year for 2022 status year.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xliioper
It appears you may have participated in status match challenge in 2020.
You are right, I participated in a status match challenge. I guess that's why. So I assume no more free status for another year? I don't recall matched status being excluded (nor included) in the summer email, but I won't be sad if it is indeed not included.

Although I may fly less than 5 times with DL in 2022, a status can certainly help when it comes SDC especially for me.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
I have platinum status which gets me and a companion upgraded if available. If I book myself and 4 family members on the same reservation, will they still upgrade myself and one other in my party? Or should I just book 2 separate reservations?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bta15
I have platinum status which gets me and a companion upgraded if available. If I book myself and 4 family members on the same reservation, will they still upgrade myself and one other in my party?
Only if you all have status, otherwise a Medallion and only a single non-status General Member are eligible for upgrades. If you have 3 or more travelers in a single reservation and one is non-Medallion then the entire party will not be eligible for upgrades

Delta page: https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades
(see under the "Complimentary Upgrades with Companions" heading)

Main FT thread: Upgrading w/companions, eligibility, timing, Sep 2020 onward (consolidated)

​​​​​
MSPeconomist and bta15 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
You are right, I participated in a status match challenge. I guess that's why. So I assume no more free status for another year? I don't recall matched status being excluded (nor included) in the summer email, but I won't be sad if it is indeed not included.

Although I may fly less than 5 times with DL in 2022, a status can certainly help when it comes SDC especially for me.
You are correct that there was no language in 2021 announcement excluding or including those with match challenge status, so it's not entirely clear if this is intentional or an oversight. They did have language in the 2020 extension announcement which specifically stated those with match challenge status would have their status extended along with those with organically earned status.
MSPeconomist and simonsuo like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:46 pm

I booked a DL ticket through amex's travel portal to take advantage of the 35% points rebate on the biz plat card.

I booked a ticket 2 days after the day I wanted to leave cuz it was like half the price. I am anticipating a schedule change that will let me move the flight up 2 days for free.

Typically when I do this when booked thru Delta it works fine. Am I going to have issues since it was done thru the amex portal? There hasn't been a schedule change yet, but when I try to modify my flight on delta it basically says I can't and need to go back thru amex
​​​​​​
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi! I had a ticket on Delta which was - as far as I know - fully refundable. I chatted with two agents about the cancellation and both agents confirmed that the ticket is refundable. I was okay with a cancellation and the Delta agent cancelled the ticket. She told me that she issued a refund. I got a confirmation email that a eCredit was issued - I asked her about this and she confirmed that this was usual but a refund was issued. Today I checked again and noticed that no refund was issued and instead I got an eCredit. I tried to call but they told me that once an eCredit is issued they are unable to refund. What can I do?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
Question Upgrades for GM

I was curious if I bought a Comfort+ seat and put a request in for 1st class upgrade, would i be considered ahead or behind a PM member who purchased a normal basic seat? Sorry I'm brand new to the Medallion any level and don't know how to do anything other than select the 1st class and Comfort+ upgrades from the mobile app. So I'm glad I found this forum today, gonna be spending a lot of hours reading through here I can already tell. Thanks all!
Old Dec 30, 2021, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by laxypaxy21
I was curious if I bought a Comfort+ seat and put a request in for 1st class upgrade, would i be considered ahead or behind a PM member who purchased a normal basic seat? Sorry I'm brand new to the Medallion any level and don't know how to do anything other than select the 1st class and Comfort+ upgrades from the mobile app. So I'm glad I found this forum today, gonna be spending a lot of hours reading through here I can already tell. Thanks all!
You would clear behind a platinum medallion that purchased normal economy. Platinum medallions who purchase BASIC economy do not receive upgrades.

This delta page explains upgrade order:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades
laxypaxy21 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxypaxy21
Comfort+ fares have an underlying coach fare class (from the first letter of fare basis code). Delta has never been clear whether they use that underlying coach class for upgrade priority (some people speculate this is the case) or whether C+ fares outrank all coach class fares. When requesting Mileage Upgrade Awards on international routes, they do use the underlying coach fare class for C+ fares (must be K or higher just like main cabin fares) to be eligible.
laxypaxy21 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:09 am

Same day changes for NON- elite member.

If I have a T class coach class ticket departing 8:00 pm Saturday , what is the procedure to request a same day change. (I did not see anyway to make such a request on the APP)

1-Is there a change fee?
2-Is there a difference in fare fee?
3- At what day and time can I make the request ? ( i.e the earliest time possible)
4-and how would I do it
If it makes any difference , I have a refundable fare but I do not want to cancel and buy the desired flight as a new purchase because it is more expensive.

Happy New year to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.