Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My *guess* would be yes for summer 2022 since there was seasonal JNU service during summer 2021 and it seemed to do well. With COVID-19 restrictions, more USA citizens and residents are taking vacations (including revenge travel) within the USA, often preferring destinations with outdoor activities.

ADDED: You should expect connections through SEA since JNU is a small airport and small town, with not much of Alaska accessible by land from Juneau. ANC has service from various DL hubs, as does FAI during summer.
Thanks. Connecting t/rSEA is expected, the AS fare is just insane, hopefully, DL can bring it down a notch, at least for the summer travel season.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I've never tried it but many FTers recommend trying the DL Singapore number.

From the Wiki in the "Extensive Hold Times" thread:
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371
Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Did you try just changing the reservation online? I would not recommend canceling and rebooking just in case the price you see is "Phantom" availability and then doesn't go through and then you can't even rebook what you originally had, at least at the same rate. But if you can rebook online, this may be easier.
According to recent posts calling Singapore no longer works. You get put into the regular system.

Another case of put it on FT, have it overused and watch it disappear.

The solution now is to become a DM or 360.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
According to recent posts calling Singapore no longer works. You get put into the regular system.

I ended up calling regular DL. I opted for a callback because there was a 2.5 hour wait which was nice. It gave me time to read War and Peace.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

But if that becomes overused we'll run into the same issue.
catmndu likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
But if that becomes overused we'll run into the same issue.
360 requires that a person fly and spend on tickets. A person can make DM $ with credit card spend and under the base AMEX plans get almost all of the MQM's that are required so very little flying is required. If someone wants to do that for a bag tag that they can buy on eBay, I couldn't care less, and it certainly doesn't impact my travel.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:22 pm

do republic e175s have different seat pitch in c+ vs main cabin?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
360 requires that a person fly and spend on tickets. A person can make DM $ with credit card spend and under the base AMEX plans get almost all of the MQM's that are required so very little flying is required. If someone wants to do that for a bag tag that they can buy on eBay, I couldn't care less, and it certainly doesn't impact my travel.
I thought the distribution of segments for 360s was rather bimodal: some get it by being extra Diamonds, and others get it by being influential in allocating corporate travel contracts and don't fly that often.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 6:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hhdl
I thought the distribution of segments for 360s was rather bimodal: some get it by being extra Diamonds, and others get it by being influential in allocating corporate travel contracts and don't fly that often.
Do some get it by being celebrities of some sort?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I just hit DL Diamond for the first time. I haven't tested the phone line yet, but I will do that very soon to get my hands on the Diamond tags.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just hit DL Diamond for the first time. I haven't tested the phone line yet, but I will do that very soon to get my hands on the Diamond tags.
Make sure that the phone numbers you use to call Delta are in your DL PROFILE. As soon as your online profile shows that you're a DM, calls from those numbers will automatically go to the DM desk.

Also - check your PM's.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by LadyWrites
Hi, does anyone know if there is a special DL telephone number I can call as a Silver Medallion?

I noticed a drop in price for D1 seats for a flight in May 2022 from JFK to CDG that I booked C+ seats and would like to see what an upgrade may cost.

Last time I called DL I was on hold three hours and would like to lessen the wait time if possible.

Thanks,

Trish
Sorry for the delay in this update. I had to color my hair which turned gray after waiting on hold. It turns out the upgrade from C+ to D1 would have cost an additional $6,000 (for 2 tix) so I passed. To upgrade to PS was $1,000 and I passed on that too. I used the bulk of my miles to offset the cost of my tickets initially, and the CSR I spoke with said my current 40,000 miles could not be used to defray the costs of an upgrade.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:10 am

So close to Gold status

Hello, total newbie here, apologies. I have the Delta Amex and got the MQD waiver for 25k spend but I am about 400 MQMs short for Gold. I know the MQMs roll over by the MQDs don't right? Can I buy a cheap one way fare for $120 and not use it? Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SCG7807
Hello, total newbie here, apologies. I have the Delta Amex and got the MQD waiver for 25k spend but I am about 400 MQMs short for Gold. I know the MQMs roll over by the MQDs don't right? Can I buy a cheap one way fare for $120 and not use it? Thanks for your help!
Nope, you need to actually fly to earn the MQM (and, yes, MQDs do not rollover -- you start at zero).

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 17, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by SCG7807
Originally Posted by xliioper
Nope, you need to actually fly to earn the MQM.
Further, for ideas on how to get the most MQMs for the least $$$, review this thread:
DL/Sky Team: 2021 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:15 am

I believe I've just focused on something that should be very obvious, but it seems the current MQM rollover essentially make elite qualification purely an MQD matter, as you'll have enough MQMs to hit at least the current year's level. Is that correct?

From the email I just received: "All the MQMs in your account at the end of 2021 rolled over into 2022, giving you even more of a jumpstart on earning toward 2023 Medallion Status."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.