Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by richarddd
I believe I've just focused on something that should be very obvious, but it seems the current MQM rollover essentially make elite qualification purely an MQD matter, as you'll have enough MQMs to hit at least the current year's level. Is that correct?

From the email I just received: "All the MQMs in your account at the end of 2021 rolled over into 2022, giving you even more of a jumpstart on earning toward 2023 Medallion Status."
I'm a little confused by how you're asking but if you're meaning it this way:
This year, you had 75,000 MQMs and either met the MQDs for PM or had the AmEx waiver, thus qualifying for PM. For 2022, all MQMs you had going into and earned 2021 will rollover so you will start 2022 with 75,000 MQMs.
Then yes, "all" you have to is meet the PM MQD requirement or get the AmEx spend waiver. You'll have already "met" the MQM requirement through what you had in rollover going into 2022.
richarddd and lsquare like this.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Dec 18, 2021 at 9:22 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:42 am

Is there a list of planes/domestic routes that have PS seats but are sold as C+? Or is there a way to spot it from the seats configs?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:45 am
WGM

Programs: DL PM
I am a first time PM. How do I get my Choice Benefit? I assumed I could pick it online but can't find it.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WGM
I am a first time PM. How do I get my Choice Benefit? I assumed I could pick it online but can't find it.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by guear
Is there a list of planes/domestic routes that have PS seats but are sold as C+? Or is there a way to spot it from the seats configs?
Eventually all widebodies will have it. There are no specific routes, though many of the domestic D1 routes will use widebodies pretty frequently (the 75S also get used on these routes a lot).

The way to spot it is that C+ will have fewer seats across in a single row than main cabin. In the A330, Y has 2-4-2 seating (8 across) while PS is 2-3-2 (7 across). I think on the A350 it's 3-3-3 in Y and 2-4-2 in PS. 767 is 2-3-2 in Y and 2-2-2 in PS.

EG, here's a A350 seat map:

MSPeconomist, guear and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Eventually all widebodies will have it. There are no specific routes, though many of the domestic D1 routes will use widebodies pretty frequently (the 75S also get used on these routes a lot).

The way to spot it is that C+ will have fewer seats across in a single row than main cabin. In the A330, Y has 2-4-2 seating (8 across) while PS is 2-3-2 (7 across). I think on the A350 it's 3-3-3 in Y and 2-4-2 in PS. 767 is 2-3-2 in Y and 2-2-2 in PS.

EG, here's a A350 seat map:

Ah got it, thanks for the explanation!
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:52 pm
WGM

xliioper
I found that page with the list of choices. It doesn't tell how to choose them.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WGM
xliioper
I found that page with the list of choices. It doesn't tell how to choose them.
​​​​​​Look for a block of text that says "SELECT YOUR CHOICE BENEFITS" -- it may be nearly unreadable because of the colors (blue text on a red background) -- although it's not obvious, this is a clickable link.

(Edited to add screenshot)

Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Quick question about complimentary upgrades on a DL flight. If you book an Main Cabin (MC?) seat, do you (potentially) get upgraded 1 class up (to comfort+ in this case) or could you get put up in 1st class? Which then leads me to ask should I leave the C+ checkbox unchecked in the manage complimentary upgrades section or does that not matter?

Last edited by Daremo999; Dec 20, 2021 at 3:52 pm Reason: had premium economy on the brain for some reason...
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Daremo999
Quick question about complimentary upgrades on a DL flight. If you book PE seat, do you (potentially) get upgraded 1 class up (to comfort+ in this case) or could you get put up in 1st class? Which then leads me to ask should I leave the C+ checkbox unchecked in the manage complimentary upgrades section or does that not matter?
Can you clarify what you mean by "PE"? The common usage is to mean "premium economy" but that doesn't make sense since you talk about being upgraded from that to C+. Maybe you meant preferred seats?

In any case, if your itinerary is eligible for upgrades, then it doesn't matter what seat you're currently occupying, and whether you check the box to request C+ upgrades has no bearing on your eligibility or priority for F upgrades so you might as well check both (except in edge cases where you are very happy with your regular economy seat and don't want to risk being upgraded into an inferior C+ seat even with the additional checkbox that lets you specify aisle/window preferences)
Daremo999 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick question about complimentary upgrades on a DL flight. If you book PE seat, do you (potentially) get upgraded 1 class up (to comfort+ in this case) or could you get put up in 1st class? Which then leads me to ask should I leave the C+ checkbox unchecked in the manage complimentary upgrades section or does that not matter?
Not sure what you mean by "PE"? If you are talking about Premium Economy cabin (which is what is normally meant by PE) on international routes, C+ is actually a class below. There are no comp upgrades from Premium Economy to Delta One. If you are talking about a Preferred seat in main cabin domestic tickets, you can still get upgraded to FC after being upgraded to C+ (or skip C+ entirely if your upgrade priority is high enough). So there's no real point in unchecking the C+ upgrade checkbox.
Daremo999 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 20, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Quick question about complimentary upgrades on a DL flight. If you book an Main Cabin (MC?) seat, do you (potentially) get upgraded 1 class up (to comfort+ in this case) or could you get put up in 1st class? Which then leads me to ask should I leave the C+ checkbox unchecked in the manage complimentary upgrades section or does that not matter?
You can get upgraded to 1st class if there is availability and you clear the upgrade list but there is also the possibility to get upgraded to C+. The two are separate upgrade lists. I am going to assume that if you uncheck the C+ option then you would not be considered for an upgrade to C+ if available because it is not your preference. I've appeared on both upgrade lists because I have it checked but I've seen folks that only appear in one or the other so it must be that they've unchecked this option
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:20 am

DL SP round trip?

Hi all,
Newbie Silver medallion member here, I booked a mixed cabin roundtrip intl trip with the way out being main cabin and returning in PS. My app was telling me that I get SP on the way out as well, but the counter agent told me I was mistaken and then changed me in the system, and gave me a printed boarding pass. Anyone have any experience on whether I shouldve been priority? I ended up paying over $200 more in baggage fees because of this agent, so wondering if its an additional problem she caused. Also- if my ticket came with one free bag and I hold the Amex delta gold, does that apply on intl trips?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:43 am

Hi all,
After rocking FO for the last couple of years, I finally earned GM recently (as in, literally on Saturday on my last flight of the year) and I'm trying to understand the benefits from partner airlines. I have a trip next year going DTW -> CDG -> MRU and from my research it sounds like I'd be able to use the Air France lounge during my long layover in CDG and bring a guest. Is there anything special I'd need to do to be able to use this benefit?

Tickets were booked through Air France but since I'm earning the Skyteam Elite Plus through DL GM, figured I'd ask here - if I should ask in the Air France forum I can move the question.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by VacationMode
Hi all,
After rocking FO for the last couple of years, I finally earned GM recently (as in, literally on Saturday on my last flight of the year) and I'm trying to understand the benefits from partner airlines. I have a trip next year going DTW -> CDG -> MRU and from my research it sounds like I'd be able to use the Air France lounge during my long layover in CDG and bring a guest. Is there anything special I'd need to do to be able to use this benefit?

Tickets were booked through Air France but since I'm earning the Skyteam Elite Plus through DL GM, figured I'd ask here - if I should ask in the Air France forum I can move the question.
In addition to lounge access (with one guest--if the guest isn't traveling with you on the same flight, I think there's a requirement of a SkyTeam same-day departure--who officially must leave the lounge when you do) on international itineraries, SkyPriority means special check in lines and (especially important at CDG) special lines for passport control and security. Sometimes these special lines at CDG are signposted as Acces No.1 and sometimes as SkyPriority.

Normally I just show my boarding pass and passport to enter lounges on international itineraries. IIRC ElitePlus should be printed to the boarding pass. Previously, one would sometimes be asked to show an elite FF card, so it would be wise to make sure that you can pull up your GM card on your phone if needed. I'm not sure whether DL will send you a physical GM card.

Most partners give access to third party contract lounges that they use for their business class passengers, but if you're accessing a lounge on the basis of a DL segment in coach, C+ or PS, DL won't let you use third party lounges (meaning not operated by a partner airline and not a SkyTeam lounge). Also, most partners provide lounge access only for departing and connecting passengers, not upon arrival (with the exception of the landside AF arrivals lounge at CDG).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.