Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by findark
Your best recourse would be to identify any routing with J space that is acceptable to you and be rebooked on that.
I already flew this in economy. We ware dealing with this on check-in. Other options which gave me the agent was to fly it in first, but it would mean extra night in HNL and extra night in SEA. So I better acepted the economy on HNL-LAX. Just want to ask if I can ask somethig back because it was paid business class ticket.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
You can ask for a refund of the fare difference, but this could be as little as zero depending on how they calculate (originally booking this could delegate to Y on HNL-LAX for the same price as J all the way through). If the original cancellation was at-fault (not wx) then you probably have a shot at getting an ETC or miles too. Definitely worth asking, no promises.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:34 pm

Have a 50 min layover at ATL on Delta. Is that enough to catch onward flight from I terminal concourse F? Landing at Concourse A. Seated all the way back on the plane
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by dwatcher
Have a 50 min layover at ATL on Delta. Is that enough to catch onward flight from I terminal concourse F? Landing at Concourse A. Seated all the way back on the plane
With the worst gates (A1 to F1) it's be tight but doable. A17 - F12 would give you time to stop at the Club for a drink.
If you're coming from the back of a full plane that can be your biggest hangup. It'd be worth paying to move forward.

MCT's from the Wiki Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread

Minimum Connect Time in ATL if connecting from a Delta flight to a Delta flight, per ExpertFlyer:

Domestic flight - domestic flight: 35 minutes
Exceptions:
If your inbound flight is on a 330 or 767, then the minimum connection time is 50 minutes for a domestic-domestic connection.

Domestic flight - international flight: 40 minutes
Exceptions:
  • If your inbound flight is on a 330 or 767, then the minimum connection time is 50 minutes for a domestic-international connection.
  • The minimum domestic-YYC connection time is 45 minutes.
  • The minimum domestic-HAV connection time is 55 minutes.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
With the worst gates (A1 to F1) it's be tight but doable. A17 - F12 would give you time to stop at the Club for a drink.
Hoping for B to E transfer..Thanks for the drink tip! but will be with toddlers - will be practically running. Also, will try to get seats as front as possible.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
If you have to wait for a stroller or car seat when you deplane you can probably forget about it. The plural on toddlers is also a handicap.

Have a fallback plan.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:26 am

50 minutes is fine, even with toddlers. You'll make it 95-99% of the time. You should always have a backup plan, just be aware of other flights that can work for you if you do misconnect. But you should have that plan even with a 3 hour connection.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Doable if nothing goes wrong. (Ha!)

The way ATL is set up, doesn't matter so much how many terminals you have to travel. Most of the travel time is between gate to/from the train, not time ON the train.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Doable if nothing goes wrong. (Ha!)

The way ATL is set up, doesn't matter so much how many terminals you have to travel. Most of the travel time is between gate to/from the train, not time ON the train.
It depends on your fitness level. The trains can take longer than you think with all the stops. I had a 15 minute connection from end of concourse A to the end of concourse E. It took me about 13 minutes and I think a good 6 - 7 minutes of that was on the train (each stop felt like an eternity as I waited for the doors to close up). It's still faster than running (except the stop from D to E which I think I can outrun -- it's really short), but don't discount the amount of time it will take. Naturally, they had cleared the standbys and closed up early by the time I arrived for my flight.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 13, 2022 at 8:25 am
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: EuroBonus
So Basic Economy no longer earns miles/MQM - but what about the partner airlines' economy products, for example Air France Economy Light fares? Does anyone know if those will continue to earn miles?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:21 am

Hoping for B to E transfer. Thanks for the drink tip! but will be with toddlers - will be practically running. Also, will try to get seats as front as possible.
I had 27 connections in ATL last year (54 flight segments, all mainline). I was only in T, A and F. Almost all of those were to or from MSY, LGA and JFK. I had a lot of A2, A3, T4, T5, and F1. Most were at or close to MCT and didn't misconnect. 1 Porsche ride from A to F.

MrsSG, when travelling alone invariably has connections like A16 - A17 and wonders if she should always travel by herself since she has plenty of time to stop at the Sky Club, even on a tight connection.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elvissa
So Basic Economy no longer earns miles/MQM - but what about the partner airlines' economy products, for example Air France Economy Light fares? Does anyone know if those will continue to earn miles?
No apparent changes for partner "Light" fare earnings. AF/KL don't actually have a dedicated booking class for their Light fares. VS uses 'T' booking class for them.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
What are the current meal offerings on D1/first-class on the A333 ATL-HNL?

We did this many years ago and got PDBs, 2 full meals, and the ice cream sundaes. Delta’s website mentions “enhanced meal
boxes”.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aww3583
What are the current meal offerings on D1/first-class on the A333 ATL-HNL?

We did this many years ago and got PDBs, 2 full meals, and the ice cream sundaes. Delta’s website mentions “enhanced meal
boxes”.

Thanks!
MSP/ATL-HNL have been D1 marketed for a number of years now and get hot meal choices -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33623565-post1115.html
You should get an email about a week out to make your choice online.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xliioper
MSP/ATL-HNL have been D1 marketed for a number of years now and get hot meal choices -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33623565-post1115.html
You should get an email about a week out to make your choice online.
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.