Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FabCW
After you select your $200 Plat Medallion Benefit (I know this is not the most popular but this is what works best best for me since I book First/D1), it says I will receive an email.

When can I expect that email and when will the certificate appear in my SkyMiles account?

Thanks friends!
✈️
IME the time lag has been close to instantaneous to a couple hours, at most overnight for the DL $200 gift card, RDMs, or GUCs/RUCs. (For GUCs/RUCs, there's an email too but they tend to appear in my account before I get the email. DL agents can't immediately see them, probably until the next day or so, but they can be applied if you know the numbers.)

When you selected your choice benefits, did you get the confirmation page on your computer or other device? You have to click more than once to pick a choice benefit. You could try going into your account to see whether delta.dumb thinks you've already made your choice benefit selection.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME the time lag has been close to instantaneous to a couple hours, at most overnight for the DL $200 gift card, RDMs, or GUCs/RUCs. (For GUCs/RUCs, there's an email too but they tend to appear in my account before I get the email. DL agents can't immediately see them, probably until the next day or so, but they can be applied if you know the numbers.)

When you selected your choice benefits, did you get the confirmation page on your computer or other device? You have to click more than once to pick a choice benefit. You could try going into your account to see whether delta.dumb thinks you've already made your choice benefit selection.
The eCredit just appeared in my account. Still no email. 🤣
Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FabCW
The eCredit just appeared in my account. Still no email. 🤣
Thanks for your help!
I'm not sure whether the eCredit generates an email.

If you can see it in your account, you can use it. Enjoy!
FabCW likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure whether the eCredit generates an email.

If you can see it in your account, you can use it. Enjoy!
I received an email for the eCredit, which arrived a few minutes after I selected it.
FabCW likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
I have two separate tickets for travel this week: DL BOS-JFK in business connecting onto AF JFK-CDG-WAW in La Premiere.

Does Delta have an interline agreement for checked bags/will they be able to check my bags all the way through to Warsaw from Boston? Booked the flights without counting on it- but would definitely make my life easier if possible.

thanks for any advice
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
I have two separate tickets for travel this week: DL BOS-JFK in business connecting onto AF JFK-CDG-WAW in La Premiere.

Does Delta have an interline agreement for checked bags/will they be able to check my bags all the way through to Warsaw from Boston? Booked the flights without counting on it- but would definitely make my life easier if possible.

thanks for any advice
They do, just present both tickets when checking in.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
If you fly overnight on December 31, 2021, and that mileage would be enough to put you into Platinum Medallion, are you eligible for a medallion benefit?

Is mileage credited when you arrive, or when you depart?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: DL GM
How to tell what kind of seat for first class?

Is there a way to tell what style of first class seat you will get by looking at the seating grid? Or the plane model itself?

I want to know if I can tell whether or not I can get the seat where it lays down all the way or not, or even the ones that are like pods?

thanks in advance for the help.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by laxypaxy21
Is there a way to tell what style of first class seat you will get by looking at the seating grid? Or the plane model itself?

I want to know if I can tell whether or not I can get the seat where it lays down all the way or not, or even the ones that are like pods?

thanks in advance for the help.
Flight details will have an icon with a flat bed (below). Basically, all Delta wide-body equipment (aircraft with 2 aisles) have flat bed (Delta One) seating. In addition, the narrowbody "75S" model of the 757-200 have flat beds (seatmap will show seats positioned at an angle on these). The flat-bed Delta One aircraft aren't used all that much domestically as they are mostly meant for long-haul international flying. They are mostly used domestically on Delta One routes out of BOS/JFK/DCA to West Coast and some First Class routes (mostly out of ATL, but they can also be found at times out of other DL hubs). They have been found domestically more frequently during Covid due to slack in international flying. Currently, some of the MCO-ATL flights are wide-bodies (767s) with flat-bed Delta One seats along with a number of flights from ATL to western US. JFK also has some First Class routes to western US with flat-bed seats.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2022 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: DL GM
Oh awesome! Thank you xliioper!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Calendar date of the scheduled departure time, in the local time zone of departure.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
If you fly overnight on December 31, 2021, and that mileage would be enough to put you into Platinum Medallion, are you eligible for a medallion benefit?

YES, mileage is counted for the *scheduled* (not actual, delayed, etc.) departure time of the SEGMENT (so if there's a connection to a flight scheduled to depart after midnight, the second flight would count for 2022) in the local time zone of the departure airport. If a flight is delayed or cancelled and you're rebooked (involuntarily), you can request ORC = Original Routing Credit.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Flight details will have an icon with a flat bed (below). Basically, all Delta wide-body equipment (aircraft with 2 aisles) have flat bed (Delta One) seating. In addition, the narrowbody "75S" model of the 757-200 have flat beds (seatmap will show seats positioned at an angle on these). The flat-bed Delta One aircraft aren't used all that much domestically as they are mostly meant for long-haul international flying. They are mostly used domestically on Delta One routes out of BOS/JFK/DCA to West Coast and some First Class routes (mostly out of ATL, but they can also be found at times out of other DL hubs). They have been found domestically more frequently during Covid due to slack in international flying. Currently, some of the MCO-ATL flights are wide-bodies (767s) with flat-bed Delta One seats along with a number of flights from ATL to western US. JFK also has some First Class routes to western US with flat-bed seats.

In addition, if you see the words "Delta One Suites" you'll get a "pod" or cubicle with a sliding pocket door (that doesn't go to the ceiling, so adults walking past can look over the wall.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta
Hi all, I have a couple questions about an upcoming trip to Europe. The flight was initially booked with miles, and then I later upgraded both legs with cash to Premium Select. Will I earn the MQMs for Main cabin, or for premium select for this trip? I'm currently a gold medallion, may be to platinum by the trip, but probably not. The fare class is RY.

Second question, once I upgraded to premium select, it blocked off any delta one upgrade options, and lists the seats with an X. Will this upgrade ever be possible? At the current price, I didn't feel it was worth it, but was wondering if the RY fare class means it is no longer upgradeable if a deal were to pop up.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the flights will earn MQM. In normal times, awards do not earn MQMs even after being upgraded with cash. But DL extended MQM earning on award flights for another year. Unfortunately, you will likely not get 50% MQM class of service bonus as certificate upgrades to PS on awards also rebook into RY (and are not eligible for class of service bonuses) and DL systems don't distinguish between the two types of upgrades on awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.