Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Upgrade Success (or lack thereof) thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
On my last flight, one pax had his coat hung in the closet. When we arrived, he asked the FA if he could have his coat, and she apologized for not having brought it out and that she hadn't had it as part of her routine for so long that she forgot to hand coats back out.
That's cool. I was on two flights yesterday, and neither asked about or even acknowledged my coat. It wasn't a big deal though, I just folded it up and put it on the empty seat next to me.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: DLSILVER; HH GOLD
First trips of 2021

MSP-PHX ON 767-3 upgraded to C+ at T-24. Then pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to F at gate
PHX -MSP on 767-3 upgraded to C+ at Silver Window. With slight displeasure to be 3 and 4 on wait list. only to see 4 seats in Delta 1 ( as FC product) go empty back to MSP
Old Feb 9, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
not hanging up coats has been the standard on Endeavor long before COVID.
fly747first likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:55 am

My husband and I are on a flight today LAX-MCO.

As a PM, we were upgraded upon booking a couple weeks ago to C+. FC looked tight as we got closer, down to 3 seats left shown available day of flight where we were #4&5 on the list. We ended up clearing at the gate since the party who was #1&#2 were traveling together.

In the end there was still another person upgraded into FC after us, and then plenty upgraded into C+.

For our return we're already in c+, and there's 7 pairs left in FC for the return. Hopefully we'll luck out again.

So far with this flight, every single flight we have had between October and now we have been upgraded into first (11 flights).
Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Segments so far this year:
Jan 11-18
CHA-ATL-DFW-ATL-OKC-ATL-CHA
Jan 21-25
CHA-ATL-DFW-ATL-CHA
Jan 28-Feb 1
CHA-ATL-DFW-MSP-MCI-ATL-AUS-ATL-CHA
Feb 13-15
CHA-ATL-IAH-ATL-CHA

ALL segments upgraded 3-6 days out as DM - all booked 5+ weeks out at T, X or V class.
Rebooked about 3-4 segments for earlier flights (2-3 days from departure), all but one upgraded at gate.

Last edited by BHammy; Feb 10, 2021 at 10:39 pm Reason: added info
Old Feb 11, 2021, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by stitch626
My husband and I are on a flight today LAX-MCO.

As a PM, we were upgraded upon booking a couple weeks ago to C+. FC looked tight as we got closer, down to 3 seats left shown available day of flight where we were #4&5 on the list. We ended up clearing at the gate since the party who was #1 were traveling together.

In the end there was still another person upgraded into FC after us, and then plenty upgraded into C+.

For our return we're already in c+, and there's 7 pairs left in FC for the return. Hopefully we'll luck out again.

So far with this flight, every single flight we have had between October and now we have been upgraded into first (11 flights).
If the schedule is acceptable to you, try LAX JFK MCO... though there is almost no onboard service in D1 now, you would get a flat bed and these flights have left with lots of seats open up front (DL is no longer capping D1 on widebody aircraft), especially on weekends
Old Feb 16, 2021, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
2/13 DL 2179 MIA-ATL A-321 PM on an N Fare (Y Award) Plus Companion: Upgraded at Gate

Now 83.33% (5/6) On the Year.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Since December, I've been 4/5 on F upgrades. I for sure need to enjoy this crazy-high upgrade percentage while it lasts.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by eneq
Since December, I've been 4/5 on F upgrades. I for sure need to enjoy this crazy-high upgrade percentage while it lasts.
I haven't missed an upgrade since June 22 of last year - I'm 40/40 since then. If we set March 1, 2020 as the beginning of the pandemic and the associated lockdowns in the US, I have only missed two in the period since - the one in June, and one on March 3. That would leave me at 54/56 for the last 11.5 months
kobyjones21 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I wish I could have some of y'alls luck haha. I am currently 7/14 (50%) for 2021 as a PM. Including a flight on a 321 where a group of 8 had apparently booked F individually so as soon as the door closed, the people in rows 3 and 4 moved to join those in 1 and 2 creating a buffer zone of 2 empty rows in F between them and the rest of the plane besides the forward FA.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK
I wish I could have some of y'alls luck haha. I am currently 7/14 (50%) for 2021 as a PM. Including a flight on a 321 where a group of 8 had apparently booked F individually so as soon as the door closed, the people in rows 3 and 4 moved to join those in 1 and 2 creating a buffer zone of 2 empty rows in F between them and the rest of the plane besides the forward FA.
I'm with you, 2020 was my worst year as a PM going back to 2018. It went from one kind of hell (50+ upgrade lists on RDU-ATL) to another (not selling half the cabin so I ended up #1 or 2 for 0 so many times).
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm with you, 2020 was my worst year as a PM going back to 2018. It went from one kind of hell (50+ upgrade lists on RDU-ATL) to another (not selling half the cabin so I ended up #1 or 2 for 0 so many times).
I've had terrible luck on A319s. Not only are there fewer first seats available compared to the CRJ9 (excepting couples sitting together), but two thirds of the seats in First were sold before the upgrade window, leaving only two upgrades available.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I've had terrible luck on A319s. Not only are there fewer first seats available compared to the CRJ9 (excepting couples sitting together), but two thirds of the seats in First were sold before the upgrade window, leaving only two upgrades available.
717 is the worst. Only 5 seats available for sale (since DL still won’t let the front 2 FAs sit together) and if no there are no paid F pax, there is usually only 2 maybe 3 seats available for advanced UGs.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
2/17 DTW-PHX
PL and non status companion ended up 1 and 2 for 0 seats, but were proactively put in C+ even though I had not requested C+ upgrade (no C+ seats together when booked 5 days before flight)

2/21 PHX-DTW
PL and non status companion were final 2 upgraded at gate (were 3 and 4 on list for 1 seat an hour before takeoff)
Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
20 Feb
LAX-DCA
DL 342

PM
1 of 7 on F Waitlist, No Upgrades Processed to F or C+ (2 pax on that Waitlist)

3 Pairs of F seats went out unfilled. Didn't care too much since C+ wasn't processed either giving me an entire row and also allowed me to deplane first. It now brings me below 500 at 7/15 for the year though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.