Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
Can anyone confirm if DL is serving a meal on DEN-JFK in first? Experience in the past few weeks?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JetOutTonight
Can anyone confirm if DL is serving a meal on DEN-JFK in first? Experience in the past few weeks?
No meal on this flight.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There have been no confirmed reports of meals on any domestic FC flights over 1500 miles yet which would include DEN-JFK. According to Meal Services listed for these flights they were supposed to start on July 13th, but that has not happened. At this point, they are still only providing the Market and Bistro snack boxes in FC.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by xliioper
There have been no confirmed reports of meals on any domestic FC flights over 1500 miles yet which would include DEN-JFK. According to Meal Services listed for these flights they were supposed to start on July 13th, but that has not happened. At this point, they are still only providing the Market and Bistro snack boxes in FC.
Ahh the good old boxes... I will just need to continue with my high sodium intake (actual meals aren't any healthier). Blood pressure will thank me later 😆
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Ahh the good old boxes... I will just need to continue with my high sodium intake (actual meals aren't any healthier). Blood pressure will thank me later 😆
The only confirmed reports of DL resuming meal services have been for JFK LAX/SFO only in Delta One
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fly747first
The only confirmed reports of DL resuming meal services have been for JFK LAX/SFO only in Delta One
DCA-LAX also resumed meal service July 7th in D1 according to the DL News hub article.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
DCA-LAX also resumed meal service July 7th in D1 according to the DL News hub article.
Would be awesome if anyone who has flown this route recently could confirm because currently DL's web site is showing meals for many flights outside of D1 when in reality only snack boxes are being served
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Would be awesome if anyone who has flown this route recently could confirm because currently DL's web site is showing meals for many flights outside of D1 when in reality only snack boxes are being served
The Delta press release stating the return of meals was updated July 12th and added the following statement.
Customers flying to and from Washington D.C. and Los Angeles will also enjoy the hot menu items starting July 7.
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-...omestic-cabins
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I have been assured three times tonight from the “Customer Care” department based on an email complaint I sent regarding receiving a hot meal this weekend ATL-SMF and the return. Email saved as evidence as I questioned the response and was told again that there would be a hot meal provided each way. I’m not holding my breath.

I did call the Diamond Desk first and they told me no hot meal. I believe them
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
My ATL-LAS flight today (just like my vv flight on the 13th) had the sodium/junk food boxes. I chatted with the excellent FA working in FC. Unfortunately DL has brainwashed them into believing this is truly a catering issue. Which, technically it is. But if DL would expend the cash like UA and AA, we could have something at least semi-edible. She complained about the fact they were going hungry too due to the long lines at airport vendors and lack of 'real' food on DL. And she mentioned how embarrassed she was that all DL is offering is this garbage. At least we are on the same team, so to speak.
cmd320 and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
My ATL-LAS flight today (just like my vv flight on the 13th) had the sodium/junk food boxes. I chatted with the excellent FA working in FC. Unfortunately DL has brainwashed them into believing this is truly a catering issue. Which, technically it is. But if DL would expend the cash like UA and AA, we could have something at least semi-edible. She complained about the fact they were going hungry too due to the long lines at airport vendors and lack of 'real' food on DL. And she mentioned how embarrassed she was that all DL is offering is this garbage. At least we are on the same team, so to speak.
You should have asked her how is DL able to provide hot meals without issue to select transcon D1 flights and INTL flights without any issue?
unitedbusiness and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I wish I had thought of that. I did bite my tongue about the fact that I had a hot meal on UA. She was just so nice, and worked the cabin so hard, that I couldn't bring myself to make her feel worse about the fc meal situation. She must have apologized at least 4 times for the fact my 'meal' on the flight was a Lara bar I brought on board, rather than the garbage box.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect FA's and frontline agents are unlikely to know what is going on behind the scenes with the catering issues. While it might feel satisfying to take out your frustrations and challenge them on the inconsistencies, it's not like they'll be able to come up with a cogent explanation or justification when they don't really have much information to work with. I can understand mentioning the disappointment with the current situation, but I don't see the need to make them feel responsible for something they don't really have anything to do with. The challenges really need to be made higher up the chain. I believe [email protected] actually goes to someone at Delta. Perhaps if enough people emailed that address, there might be attention paid to the situation.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 19, 2021 at 9:01 pm
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:30 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Is there a legitimate issue going on with Delta’s catering providers having staffing issues where they are unable to provision the meals, thus delaying the reintroduction of the meals? Of course any staffing issues can ultimately be solved by the budget the client (DL) is willing to pay for the service… just trying to brainstorm on what ultimately is going on here.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Is there a legitimate issue going on with Delta’s catering providers having staffing issues where they are unable to provision the meals, thus delaying the reintroduction of the meals? Of course any staffing issues can ultimately be solved by the budget the client (DL) is willing to pay for the service… just trying to brainstorm on what ultimately is going on here.
Yes, the issue being that DL doesn't want to pay its catering vendors to expand meals on more flights. Oldest story in the world, money talks...
dw and cmd320 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.