Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by DLATL777
How was the ride yesterday? Was pretty bumpy over the Central/Eastern US.
Did MCO-DTW and ride was fairly smooth until DTW approach. Then a little bumpy. Otherwise, just fine.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Did MCO-DTW and ride was fairly smooth until DTW approach. Then a little bumpy. Otherwise, just fine.
No surprise, we had wind advisory's here yesterday. I think the gusts were over 40 MPH yesterday afternoon
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I haven’t flown DL since COVID hit. I have flown Spirit and they answer the phone faster (DL DM versus nothing at Spirit).

They are much cheaper and provide full service and even with adding a bag and BFS - you still come out ahead.

I have a colleague who is DM and status matched to Alaska and is very happy...

Delta really needs to address the flight (no pun intended) of some of their top customers to their competitors as a result of some of their uncompetitive offerings as of late.

Also, it is very, very disappointing to read that the in-flight service is so inconsistent (e.g. one MSP-HNL, only the easy alcohol they twist and serve, another offering full beverage service...)

I hope this doesn’t lead to the Flight Attendants - especially newer ones, where their service standards were slipping even pre-COVID - to adopt these lazy habits once full service returns...
Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
No surprise, we had wind advisory's here yesterday. I think the gusts were over 40 MPH yesterday afternoon
Yeah, we did the roller coaster on final approach.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345

I hope this doesn’t lead to the Flight Attendants - especially newer ones, where their service standards were slipping even pre-COVID - to adopt these lazy habits once full service returns...
Has already started. Compared to pre-covid flying, I can already see a higher statistical sample of crews who like each other more than paying customers and hence spend time behind curtains in the front galley or at the back.
Once the 'muscle memory' of service is lost, it takes lot of exercise to get that muscle working again

On another note.. once meals come back in F, expect them to be cheaper, in more per-packaged form and 'healthier' (aka. smaller)
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeet
Has already started. Compared to pre-covid flying, I can already see a higher statistical sample of crews who like each other more than paying customers and hence spend time behind curtains in the front galley or at the back.
Once the 'muscle memory' of service is lost, it takes lot of exercise to get that muscle working again
Gym membership for your call button finger?
jeet and sassybritches like this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Gym membership for your call button finger?
Oh finger's fine - actually stronger with regular exercise (on the call button). Thank you for the offer though

I was just sharing experience with OP when they expressed concern about slipping service standards
Old Mar 19, 2021, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
Indeed. I personally prefer to not engage in ridiculous hyperbole over something that has a minimal effect on my life. I understand not all are in the same boat however.
Your replies seem to indicate otherwise...
SFO777, buckeye91, eneq and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
On DL with the middle seat blocking in place, you actually now get more seat width in C+ with an empty middle than you do in FC with there being a large center console blocking usable space. With there being no advantages to in-flight service in FC over C+ (they still offer the free beer/wine to C+ pax), there is no reason to pay for DLs ridiculous FC rates right now if traveling as a couple as you won’t be able to take advantage of the seat blocking in F which is the main perk of F right now. Obviously on other airlines that aren’t blocking middle seats and are actually providing real FC service, than it’s totally worth it to pay for F, but there’s no reason for couples traveling to pay for DL FC right now IMO.
Originally Posted by cmd320
Agreed. I now only pay for DL F in scenarios where there is no other reasonable option and I’m in the mood to drink a whole lot of marginal red wine with no food.
If flying a regional, I'm booking main, taking instant upgrade to C+, and declining F upgrade. More room, same service as F. Mainline it depends if someone is sitting in row with me. If not, decline upgrade, if they are I accept.

This is of course when not flying NK BFS.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Of course that couple could always select cross aisle seats and each get a blocked window seat.
I've seen GA tell those flying together they must sit together if there's upgrades to process.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've seen GA tell those flying together they must sit together if there's upgrades to process.
I hope they would require it if it's a comp upgrade or they are using two RUC's with the seat blocking.

But if they are buying two F tickets I could see people doing that. Doesn't make a lot of sense seeing how many times I've had people ask me to switch seats on upgrades pre-covid because they had to sit with their travel companion but I could see people booking across from eacxh other o they have more leg room.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I hope they would require it if it's a comp upgrade or they are using two RUC's with the seat blocking.

But if they are buying two F tickets I could see people doing that. Doesn't make a lot of sense seeing how many times I've had people ask me to switch seats on upgrades pre-covid because they had to sit with their travel companion but I could see people booking across from eacxh other o they have more leg room.
Or maybe, just maybe, some people want to socially distance.

It’s possible to travel with people who aren’t members of your household.
Biscoff27 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
If a comfortable seat is what you’re looking for you’re certainly not going to find that in Delta domestic F.
Unless you catch an A350 out of LAX going to DTW.
jamesteroh, cmd320 and DCAhome like this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I've used an RUC for MSP-PHX on an A330 and glad to have the extra space. I will check the Sky Club threads to see what's available there for food, maybe i"ll swing by there before the flight! Or I can bring something along to eat.
Thanks for the info here!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
among my 6 flights between ONT-SEA (all in upgraded F cleared at T-120) so far, 1 flight had the bottled water before boarding in F, 1 flight didn't provide the wipes during boarding. Other than that, it's pretty standard. The red wine is either Redwood Cabernet or red blend (can't remember). The white wine is always the California Chardonnay. BTW, the SkyClub at SEA is pretty decent with good food offerings. Love the airfield view from there and very spacious. Next door AMEX lounge seem to have a waitlist each time when I was there.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Rumor has it cocktails/ice/soft drinks are back on April 14th... Can anyone confirm?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.