Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:09 pm

I have no hesitation in wishing for plenty of empty seats on delta
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jeet
I have no hesitation in wishing for plenty of empty seats on delta
Good for you.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
DLmedalliongold:

"Sure there is no seat blocking in D1, but neither is there on AA Business Class so what is your point? My point is there has been seat blocking in F on domestic planes and those buying those seats have found value in having the seat empty. I'll admit it has been very nice to have an empty seat next to me on a 3hr flight. I wouldn't trade that empty seat for a yogurt or a dry sandwich with an old mustard packet."

Your assertion that Delta domestic F has blocked seats is only partially correct. Any domestic flight serviced by wide bodies does not have seat blocking in F. LAS-ATL on the 767 is a prime example.
fly747first likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Worry away. Whether or not one needs a Woodford at 6am is irrelevant. The fact is that a paying F customer should be given the option. That’s an element of F service.

You may personally have your own opinion on appropriate drinking windows, but that isn’t really relevant to the lack of product Delta offers is premium cabin customers, which quite honestly is downright embarrassing given a better experience can be obtained on a ULCC for a fraction of the price at this point.
THIS!

Some folks are so enthralled by empty seats.. some of the responses here are borderline gaslighting. Sandwitch/fruit - cheese plates on other airlines = gas station food, expecting mixed drinks means you need to get professional help etc.

In all this no one wants to see what a paying F customer is getting. The prices I see on my routes, it feels like I am paying for that empty seat and on top of that getting no service. There really is no excuse for no service on domestic wide body D1 cabin doesn't matter it is marketed as D1 or F. No seat blocking means provide normal service.

If Delta really wants to be knight in shining armor they should bring back normal service in F - at least on par with AS, while maintaining safety AND seat blocking.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TXguy
The empty seat is value to some of us. It is a different product than having seatmates, period.
Enjoy it for the next ~month, then it’s back to normal 100% full flights.
KBMIFlyer, krazykanuck and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
On Atl to NAS in F there was ice on request, no glassware, but as expected no other beverages of any kind besides wine beer or water.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
THIS!

Some folks are so enthralled by empty seats.. some of the responses here are borderline gaslighting. Sandwitch/fruit - cheese plates on other airlines = gas station food, expecting mixed drinks means you need to get professional help etc.

In all this no one wants to see what a paying F customer is getting. The prices I see on my routes, it feels like I am paying for that empty seat and on top of that getting no service. There really is no excuse for no service on domestic wide body D1 cabin doesn't matter it is marketed as D1 or F. No seat blocking means provide normal service.

If Delta really wants to be knight in shining armor they should bring back normal service in F - at least on par with AS, while maintaining safety AND seat blocking.
Then don't fly DL....
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Pro to AA - They offer a full bar to DL's Wine/Beer in F
Pro to DL - They offer seat blocking in domestic F planes
Pro to DL - All but the 717 have PTVs.
AA = DL - they both provide crap for food, and if you think that dry sandwich or small cheese plate is something to book AA over DL, well we have different priorities, that's for sure. I get that JAX-ATL doesn't get any service on that short flight. What kind of service do you think you get on AA SAT-DFW? I'll give you one guess - it's the same thing, nothing.

We can agree to disagree on crew friendliness. I still say DL crew overall are better than AA crew from a customer service standpoint. And again, AA serves no alcohol, wine or beer in Main Cabin Extra or Premium Economy on any domestic flight.

This has not stopped me from booking AA by any means. Being DFW based AA is usually far more convenient. I have four upcoming trips on AA, only one on DL. AA is not a bad offering by any stretch, but I don't get the love for AA over DL right now. Again, we have different priorities and alcohol and a dry sandwich aren't mine at all.
I get it, you love DL and refuse to see its endless faults. Several items you are incorrect on:

- AA doesn't just offer a full bar, but ice and soft drinks whilst DL couldn't be bothered for well over a year until 4/14 to even serve soft drinks in domestic D1
- SAT - DFW is 247 miles whilst JAX - ATL is 270 miles and regardless, as a CK I don't have any issue asking the crew for drinks even on very short flights; since DL is barely catering anything, even if the crew wanted to honor requests, a DL 360 member has no chance since on short flights DL isn't even catering ice
- "All but the 717 have PTVs" - many of DL's planes have tiny screens of very poor quality and there are often system issues

I'm not based in DFW and I'm extremely harsh of AA, frequently criticizing the endless mistakes its RM teams make. However, AA has been a lot more committed to maintain some service in premium cabins than DL through a myriad of Covid lies.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Then don't fly DL....
And I won't. I have ord-sea-lax-mex-ord in June and next month is ord-mex-ord and none of it will be on DL metal.
jamesteroh and cmd320 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Flew LAX-OGG got upgraded to F and all they had was the box of sadness with the sausage stick not the other 2. Pretty sad Delta pretty sad.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by estedman
Flew LAX-OGG got upgraded to F and all they had was the box of sadness with the sausage stick not the other 2. Pretty sad Delta pretty sad.
It’s best to fly from direct from ATL-HNL directly and try to get an itinerary with a DL HA codeshare flight from HNL-OGG. DL is serving normal hot meals/beverage service on the ATL-HNL flight.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
It’s best to fly from direct from ATL-HNL directly and try to get an itinerary with a DL HA codeshare flight from HNL-OGG. DL is serving normal hot meals/beverage service on the ATL-HNL flight.
I'm fully aware as I live in Atlanta. Kinda hard with a one week notice and spring break going on, when I checked it there was no F left.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Does any one know why DL chose to serve 7.5 oz cans of soft drinks when they expand in-flight services next month?
United has been serving full size 12 oz. cans, just curious
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Enjoy it for the next ~month, then it’s back to normal 100% full flights.
We don’t know that for sure. I would agree that is most likely though.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:09 am

THIS!

Gaslighting? It’s your side that’s using hyperbole. And by and large, you are the same ones who can be found on the other airlines’ pages complaining about the food you laud here.

AA and UA are not providing normal service or seat blocking. At least DL provides one.
Biscoff27 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.