Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360

Recent 2 hour AF flight last month. Still alive!
cmd320, buckeye91 and Smithwicks70 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
This morning out of LGA, the snack bag had Cheese-Its and almonds. First time I've seen almonds in the bag!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:48 pm

A friend at Delta sent me this...

​​​​​
cmd320 and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
I was told by a FA while traveling last week that Delta was looking to bring back additional service/meals on flights sometime in October or November. The current slow was how to do this with limited interaction required. Has anyone else heard this?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:55 pm

Current situation...

I bet the amont of time it takes to eat all the garbage in this snack box and bag takes longer than the normal first class meal tray! Not to mention the ones who take the whole flight to nibble on said garbage.

Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
I was told by a FA while traveling last week that Delta was looking to bring back additional service/meals on flights sometime in October or November. The current slow was how to do this with limited interaction required. Has anyone else heard this?
What additional interaction is required?? They serve a tray with the meal on it and then collect it... Just like they do now with the snack boxes and beer and wine.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:05 pm

I would have asked the FA what about their process for long-haul flights, where they serve meals and drinks in every cabin. Take that knowledge, apply it throughout the whole system and voila, problem solved.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I would have asked the FA what about their process for long-haul flights, where they serve meals and drinks in every cabin. Take that knowledge, apply it throughout the whole system and voila, problem solved.
Exactly, it's a joke at this point. They can serve a mostly normal service on long-haul INTL flights, but domestically and short-haul INTL, it's somehow not safe and "touchpoints" must be reduced. Honestly at this point, if someone is at high risk and can't even handle grabbing something to drink, they probably should be staying home and avoid flying right now.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I mean, if they want to hire me as a consultant I can save them some time and money. You do it the exact same way you pass out a snack bag/box, the only difference is it's a meal tray.

Originally Posted by p100a
What additional interaction is required?? They serve a tray with the meal on it and then collect it... Just like they do now with the snack boxes and beer and wine.
Exactly.
p100a and buckeye91 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:31 pm

I was told by a relative that works for DL that DL has achieved record Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in recent months which is the all important metric for gauging customer satisfaction. Such high scores seem to suggest that their customers are currently more concerned with things like aircraft cleanliness and sanitation, extra space on board, etc. rather than inflight food/beverage offerings. This, to me, seems to explain why DL has chosen to keep its offerings sparse compared to its competitors. If their customers are reporting that they are happier than ever, what incentive is there for them to bring back more snacks, beverages, etc?
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
I was told by a relative that works for DL that DL has achieved record Net Promoter Scores (NPS) in recent months which is the all important metric for gauging customer satisfaction. Such high scores seem to suggest that their customers are currently more concerned with things like aircraft cleanliness and sanitation, extra space on board, etc. rather than inflight food/beverage offerings. This, to me, seems to explain why DL has chosen to keep its offerings sparse compared to its competitors. If their customers are reporting that they are happier than ever, what incentive is there for them to bring back more snacks, beverages, etc?
I can believe this! Just glance at all the praising comments on Delta's social media feeds from all the brainwashed with fear sheeple who take 1 trip a year to visit their grandkids. It's comical at this point. Delta has used this pandemic to exploit the fear in this demographic while ignoring the ones who spend the big bucks in premium cabins. We can get that experience on Spirit. Keep sending in the complaints and copying the board!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/44-coronavirus-cases-traced-flights/
steve64, cmd320 and buckeye91 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyHappy33
Which customers were these? F or Y? If all of these results are mixed together, of course this is going to be the feedback. Every Y passenger in the world is going to have very positive feedback with the middle seat blocked and it's not like they were going to get much in the way of F&B offerings anyway. For Y, these results make perfect sense, and being that the majority of those flying are seated in Y, it's going to skew the results as such.

What do these results look like when the F cabin is extrapolated?

In addition, this only accounts for people who are actually flying Delta at the moment. It does not include the opinions of those who may be avoiding Delta.
buckeye91 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by cmd320
Which customers were these? F or Y? If all of these results are mixed together, of course this is going to be the feedback. Every Y passenger in the world is going to have very positive feedback with the middle seat blocked and it's not like they were going to get much in the way of F&B offerings anyway. For Y, these results make perfect sense, and being that the majority of those flying are seated in Y, it's going to skew the results as such.

What do these results look like when the F cabin is extrapolated?

In addition, this only accounts for people who are actually flying Delta at the moment. It does not include the opinions of those who may be avoiding Delta.
I buy F, and vastly prefer blocked F seats over service....

To be fair I have only bought two tickets so far and not yet flown during the virus. But I would not dream of flying anyone else anytime soon as long as DL has this policy.

I am GM with DL.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TXguy
I buy F, and vastly prefer blocked F seats over service....

To be fair I have only bought two tickets so far and not yet flown during the virus. But I would not dream of flying anyone else anytime soon as long as DL has this policy.

I am GM with DL.
Yes, though we don’t have any idea if that is or isn’t representative of the people who are actually flying. Hence why this data is essentially meaningless for determining the actual receptiveness to the current F offering (or lack thereof).
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by cmd320
I mean, if they want to hire me as a consultant I can save them some time and money. You do it the exact same way you pass out a snack bag/box, the only difference is it's a meal tray.

Exactly.
Hell I'll consult with Delta for free and save them even more money
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.