Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by GeoffVRB
Prior to this trip my last one was on the final revenue MD-88 Flight. On my Flight home I was in F and the FA was very nice and just embarrassed at what DL was offering in F. She basically, told me DL was going to play the "Safety Line" for as long as they can. I'm flying DL One in April to FCO and if they don't have it together by April I walk. January is not a slow or busy month in Florida. February, March, and April is when it kicks up. MLB is my home airport and next month DL is back up to 4x to ATL (3 on the 717 & 1 on the CR9) and this just about what it was before this .... storm called COVID hit.
Same here....D1 to ATH in June, if things have not improved prior to this I will also shut it down
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Originally Posted by p100a
I just received the following excuse for the continued lack of first class service:

Based on passenger feedback, beer and wine is being served in First and Comfort+. Due to space and weight constraints, it is not possible to have individual soda's available for all passengers. As always, you are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages on board to enjoy during flight.
Let's all remember that Delta is totally full of shte with their safety excuse. Wake up everyone, don't be fooled... Send in complaints! Call and speak to their corp customer service #.
cmd320 and GagaPilot like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles & Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is completely in line with my current DL experiences. In fact I'm choosing to fly NK next weekend over DL to CLT.

Why? Because I'm going to pay $150 less for what amounts to a domestic F seat on NK vs. Basic Economy on DL, plus I'm going to get a far better selection of onboard food and beverage and have an extra $150 to spend on it.
It's sad when NK Offers more!!!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles & Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by ZeroCool27
I can't even file a complaint, I just get an 'Error has occurred, try again later' when I try to submit one... Anyone else have that issue?
Out of all the people at DL that I've sent emails to Allison Ausband actually seems to take some time to respond. Her email is: [email protected] You still get a lot of BS But since she was a former FA unlike a lot of DL Mgt. She seems to get it a bit in past emails I've received from her. However, this one had a bit more BS.

"Geoff,Thanks for your feedback, and I appreciate your frustrations with the narrow scope of food and beverage service on board at the moment. We are equally eager for a return to “normal” levels of service/that “best in class”; however, we are doing our best to return that service in as safe a fashion as possible. With the pandemic, we consider every step taken onboard very seriously as it relates to our customer and crew health and safety – this is our priority.

My team is working closely with physicians and epidemiologists from the Mayo Clinic to identify ways to maximize safety as we return more food and beverages on board. Following their guidance, we are doing everything we can to minimize customer and flight attendant exposure and reduce the amount of time customers have their masks removed. We are designing the return of service for early next year with those parameters in mind. In the meantime, snack bags, sealed beer and wine, and continued blocking of our middle seats are the ways that Delta has been able to balance service with safety.

I appreciate your patience as we work to get service changes implemented. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Allison"
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Out of all the people at DL that I've sent emails to Allison Ausband actually seems to take some time to respond. Her email is: [email protected] You still get a lot of BS But since she was a former FA unlike a lot of DL Mgt. She seems to get it a bit in past emails I've received from her. However, this one had a bit more BS.

"Geoff,Thanks for your feedback, and I appreciate your frustrations with the narrow scope of food and beverage service on board at the moment. We are equally eager for a return to “normal” levels of service/that “best in class”; however, we are doing our best to return that service in as safe a fashion as possible. With the pandemic, we consider every step taken onboard very seriously as it relates to our customer and crew health and safety – this is our priority.

My team is working closely with physicians and epidemiologists from the Mayo Clinic to identify ways to maximize safety as we return more food and beverages on board. Following their guidance, we are doing everything we can to minimize customer and flight attendant exposure and reduce the amount of time customers have their masks removed. We are designing the return of service for early next year with those parameters in mind. In the meantime, snack bags, sealed beer and wine, and continued blocking of our middle seats are the ways that Delta has been able to balance service with safety.

I appreciate your patience as we work to get service changes implemented. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Allison"
Why do they need to speak with physicians for? They’ve been able to serve meals during the entire pandemic on international flights and last I’ve checked, people aren’t dropping dead from COVID on those flights. If they need to figure out how to serve drinks/meals on domestic flights, just use whatever protocols are on international flights. Problem solved!
buckeye91 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

Allison"
Yeah, it's all nonsense, including the Mayo Clinic "partnership" which is just a bunch of marketing drivel.

I should call the Mayo Clinic and ask why they're of the opinion that full meal service is safe to offer on intercontinental flights but not domestic flights.
buckeye91 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Not to mention the time it takes to eat all the dried garbage snacks piece by piece is longer than a normal plated meal tray.
cmd320 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by p100a
Not to mention the time it takes to eat all the dried garbage snacks piece by piece is longer than a normal plated meal tray.
So true!
Give me a plated meal and I want that tray out of my way as quickly as possible so that I can resume my movie/music etc. On the other hand, give me snack bag and I will take my time leisurely going through 1 piece at a time to enjoy with the movie(or drink).
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
This is completely in line with my current DL experiences. In fact I'm choosing to fly NK next weekend over DL to CLT.

Why? Because I'm going to pay $150 less for what amounts to a domestic F seat on NK vs. Basic Economy on DL, plus I'm going to get a far better selection of onboard food and beverage and have an extra $150 to spend on it.
Seriously? Looks like a bunch of snack boxes to me. And cheezits.

https://customersupport.spirit.com/e...ticle/KA-01306
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Seriously? Looks like a bunch of snack boxes to me. And cheezits.

https://customersupport.spirit.com/e...ticle/KA-01306
Assuming the OP is starting in their home base (MCO based on FT bio), flying DL would only get the basic snack bag with only bottle water and cheez-its, even in F because the flight is under 500 mile to CLT (via ATL assuming). NK would offer a full beverage selection for purchase along with snacks.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Assuming the OP is starting in their home base (MCO based on FT bio), flying DL would only get the basic snack bag with only bottle water and cheez-its, even in F because the flight is under 500 mile to CLT (via ATL assuming). NK would offer a full beverage selection for purchase along with snacks.
Yes, 90 minute flight to CLT so on DL there would be a Dasani, cheez-it mini pack, and biscoff to ATL and nothing on the flight to CLT.

On NK you’d have the option of beer/wine, liquor, soft drinks and mixers, snacks, cheese plate, cup noodles etc. in addition to snack boxes and other individual snack options.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
NO! The poster said that Spirit would offer "a far better selection of onboard food and beverage"

The assertion that Spirit offers a better selection of onboard food is incorrect. Spirit does not serve onboard food. They serve snacks. For some flights they have a better selection of snacks.

1000 people are dying daily in this country from COVID, and folks here are all upset about airline food and drinks.

Yes, 90 minute flight to CLT so on DL there would be a Dasani, cheez-it mini pack, and biscoff to ATL and nothing on the flight to CLT.

On NK you’d have the option of beer/wine, liquor, soft drinks and mixers, snacks, cheese plate, cup noodles etc. in addition to snack boxes and other individual snack options.
And oddly enough, these are snacks.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
All,

After a week long time out on this thread, we have reopened. If this thread continues to drift off topic, we will be issuing 7 day suspensions. As some have asked, we are not censoring any negative delta posts, we are removing off topic posts debating items such as the use of masks, political items, should you be traveling right now, etc. We are not censoring anything bashing delta.

Thanks

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
PurdueFlyer, Adam1222 and DCAhome like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Oct 18, 2020 at 5:25 pm
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GSP-ATL, nothing, not even water. One crew member was great, the other two brought apathy to a whole new level. This was a 717 and I’ve never been on a more silent aircraft during boarding, it was almost eerie.

ATL-MCO, excellent junior Orlando based crew, especially the #1 on the flight. Sad bags distributed once in the air and this is all that’s offered on this flight. Luckily I had pre-gamed at PF Chang’s in A and the SC beforehand.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta PM
Had ATL-LAX (C+), LAX-SEA (F) on 10/16. Good crews for both; early AM flight to LA and they kept the cabin lights dimmed so people could sleep. The latter had the snack box and beer/wine.

Had SEA-ATL on 10/18(F) and the crew was excellent. Again, food boxes and beer/wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.