Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Welcome to Delta 2020. Only useful in Y/C+ on flights under 2 hours.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
No biscoff?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
No biscoff?
I haven't seen any Biscoffs since late July. All of my flights since then have had the Cheese-Its and a Kind Bar.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:17 pm

Got a full can of soda today on AS seated in Y. It is absolutely astonishing DL can't offer the same.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
The snack bags on my last few flights have had Biscoff. I've mostly been flying through SEA and SLC.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
They could at least use the good junk food for C+ and F. I wouldn't be too annoyed with sun chips, brownie bites, and salted chocolate/caramel.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I haven't seen any Biscoffs since late July. All of my flights since then have had the Cheese-Its and a Kind Bar.
I was on four flights in August and September and each one had Biscoff.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by drchrysler
The snack bags on my last few flights have had Biscoff. I've mostly been flying through SEA and SLC.
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I was on four flights in August and September and each one had Biscoff.
Glad to hear the Biscoffs are still around and haven't been cut. I'm guessing it's just been a string of bad luck not having them on my last 6 or 7 flights. I've connected in SEA, MSP, and ATL.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I send in a complaint to DL after every flight with this nonsense service. Get the same canned reply, although the no space and weight constraints excuse was the latest BS line that prompted me to email the entire executive board.

Is everyone else biching to Delta about this? If it was the constant complaints that got beer and wine back, why stop there? Make some noise!
fly747first and cmd320 like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had Biscoffs on two flights last night: ABQ-SLC and SLC redeye to ATL.

2d snack on redeye had a Kind bar.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
I also had biscoffs on my flights

In fact I have some leftover--not a super fan of them. I think they go well with tea or coffee--not so well with water, beer, or wine. They also go well with cheese.

I do want to figure out the ingredients for the hummus dip. There is something in it that disagrees with me. I can eat hummus no problem, but the stuff in the DL snack box irritates my throat.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I had flights in August and September and received Biscoff on most or all the legs in my snack bag. One or two did come with the protein bar and all of them came with the Cheez-Its.

On one leg between SAT and ATL, the FA's even gave snack boxes to those of us in F, even though the flight length technically didn't hit the minimum mileage requirement for the snack boxes.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Please remember that Covid can only exist on certain types of snacks with wrappings, not plastic snack bags. For example, the normal snack box is one of the most concentrated areas for Covid along with none-alcoholic beverages and ice. The good news is that according to Deltas recent study, Beer and Wine are immune, but Cocktails are not. Woodford will almost certainly get you Covid but Miller Lite has been known to have solid immunity. Additionally, plastic mini Dasani bottles served at room temperature are also immune, but if served with Ice present a high concentration and risk of contracting the virus.

Im so over Delta's crap; dont pee on us and call it rain. Call it cost cutting and stop hiding behind safety with this specific stuff. Its pathetic. Delta has become the BA of the USA. They get away with it in the none-FT world because they block the middle seat, so people praise them for it and glaze over this kind of BS.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 6:53 am

Well either Hell is a lot better than your local "hell and brimstone preacher" led us to believe or we have a winner in the "overstatement of the week" category LOL!

Honestly if this is "hell" you have a charmed life!
Eastbay1K and DiverDave like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Well either Hell is a lot better than your local "hell and brimstone preacher" led us to believe or we have a winner in the "overstatement of the week" category LOL!

Honestly if this is "hell" you have a charmed life!
Seriously. I wish they didn't give snacks or drinks out at all on <3-4 hour flights.

People act like going 3 hours without food or alcohol is equivalent to achieving one of the labors of Hercules.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.