Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Been a few years since I've sent in a comment/complaint via DL.com but it's finally time. The nonsense that booze is safe but soft drinks are dangerous is just too much. It's pathetic that WN offers better service in cattle class then DL does in F.
Completely agree. I just did MDW PIT and on a 45-min flight, the Southwest cabin crew served two rounds of snacks, gave everyone iced water, and then passed again asking if anyone wanted extra water or cups of ice compared to the DL cabin crew on my JAX ATL CLT flights who didn't lift a finger and spent the entire flight chatting among themselves.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
ATL has them. I can't remember seeing one in DCA. I've been in two small airports this year that had vending machines, MFR and RAP.
I think ATL is due to Coke. Otherwise I'm not sure they would. I know at SAT/AUS airside there's none. There's no airside at JFK either. The only places I remember seeing them, very small airports with small airside holding areas. They'll put one in as there's no businesses airside. (I actually love one small airport because the vending machine is the old type that uses a fountain setup.)
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
When we flew out of MCO last weekend. The DL concourse had 2 things open. Starbucks and a misc shop. The Starbucks line was crazy and they were understaffed to the say the least. While not a coffee drinker, I was up to this point always impressed with Starbucks. This experience was so bad it was a black stain on the Starbucks brand. When you're paying $$$$ for a freaking cup of coffee and a simple snack you expect a lot. They didn't even try to deliver the Starbucks brand promise.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by doglover
When we flew out of MCO last weekend. The DL concourse had 2 things open. Starbucks and a misc shop. The Starbucks line was crazy and they were understaffed to the say the least. While not a coffee drinker, I was up to this point always impressed with Starbucks. This experience was so bad it was a black stain on the Starbucks brand. When you're paying $$$$ for a freaking cup of coffee and a simple snack you expect a lot. They didn't even try to deliver the Starbucks brand promise.
This is pretty much standard at this *$ location and has been long before CV. It’s operated by HMS, it’s always packed, understaffed with people who lack training, and just generally slow and bad. But as you note, if you’re flying Delta, you don’t have many options, as we all know, you’re not getting anything on board.

I used to have to decide if I wanted to leave 30’ earlier to get *$ or not. More often, I chose not.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by doglover
Starbucks locations in airports are not operated by Starbucks. Sort of like blaming a delayed Republic flight on Delta.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Starbucks locations in airports are not operated by Starbucks. Sort of like blaming a delayed Republic flight on Delta.
In fairness, if there’s a service failure on a Republic flight that has Delta’s brand painted all over it, I (as the passenger) will be blaming and complaining to Delta. Yes, you and I here know better but 99% of the people boarding the aircraft think they’re on a Delta flight.

When you outsource your brand, you also inherit the risk of doing so.
AS Flyer and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Yes, it is. And one correctly blames the lipstick, no matter what pig may be underneath.
AS Flyer, cmd320 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Today, in First Class TUS-LAX, Water, Cheez-its and a Kind bar. Next flight later today will be LAX-MEX in FC. I'll report back on the offerings. Probably the same, plus beer and wine.
Just quoting myself to update. My Delta flight from LAX-MEX was interesting. Not sure this is happening on other connections, but all boarding was done by facial recognition. No boarding passes or passport necessary. Each passenger individually removed their masks/glasses and stood in front of a camera, and when it recognized you all your information was displayed to the operator and you just boarded.

On edit: They announced that the facial recognition software utilizes stored passport photos. Not sure what else it stores, but it was surely different.

The offerings in F are in the photos below. And they had beer and wine available.

Old Oct 10, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by cmd320
In fairness, if there’s a service failure on a Republic flight that has Delta’s brand painted all over it, I (as the passenger) will be blaming and complaining to Delta. Yes, you and I here know better but 99% of the people boarding the aircraft think they’re on a Delta flight.

When you outsource your brand, you also inherit the risk of doing so.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes, it is. And one correctly blames the lipstick, no matter what pig may be underneath.
While a brand might be excused to some extent for a franchisee/contractor going walkabout on standards once in a while, the fact of the matter is that the company is slapping their name on it. Put plainly, it's a Delta Connection flight, not a flight under Republic's name. Likewise, it's a Starbucks, not an off-brand/no-name serving Starbuck's coffee. Starbucks being sufficiently obsessed by having locations all around risks this sort of thing.

(This is not unlike Marriott, for example, being inclined to dump sleazy franchisees or rein in "resort fee" abuse.)
cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer

AA is doing it right, and Delta is doing it wrong. Period. I don't care what anyone says here. I won't step foot on this airline until they bring their standards back up to AA's level (if that ever happens).
This is probably the first time in the history if FT that some requested that DL bring itself up to AA's standards!
asnovici, vinnmann, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:17 am

Was served a rare red wine in F on flight from PHL to ATL, a Red Chardonnay! I have a picture but when I tried to upload it, FT said I cannot because I have not posted 5 times....so you will just have to take my word for it. Has anyone else been served Estero Red Chardonnay?
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Play by Plane
Was served a rare red wine in F on flight from PHL to ATL, a Red Chardonnay! I have a picture but when I tried to upload it, FT said I cannot because I have not posted 5 times....so you will just have to take my word for it. Has anyone else been served Estero Red Chardonnay?
That sounds... odd to say the least. Certainly haven't ever seen this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by RobertS975
This is probably the first time in the history if FT that some requested that DL bring itself up to AA's standards!
I actually think it's tie: AA currently has the best standards for premium transcon flights, but UA is serving sandwiches on china on shorter flights vs. AA's just giving you a sandwich or croissant in a brown bag.

Delta remains dead last.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
I actually think it's tie: AA currently has the best standards for premium transcon flights, but UA is serving sandwiches on china on shorter flights vs. AA's just giving you a sandwich or croissant in a brown bag.

Delta remains dead last.
I'm just picturing Delta plating its offerings...

Old Oct 11, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'm just picturing Delta plating its offerings...

cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.