Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
It looks like today is officially the first day of regional jets with 1x2 configuration in First are at 66% capacity—confirmed on my flight today.

They have also updated the wording on the website to specify that they are blocking “adjacent” seats in First (not half of seats):“To make space for safer travel, the following temporary changes will be implemented on Delta-operated flights through January 6, 2021:
  • Blocking adjacent seats in First Class on US Domestic flights”
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
This is why WN is so consistently ranked highly - someone with a smile serves you a little bag of something, and a beverage, with a smile. That's all you expect, and that's what you get. Throw an occasional free drink coupon into the mix, and "everyone loves it." You never didn't get your upgrade, you never had your seat assignment changed, or aircraft changed in a manner that materially affected your trip, you never paid for 2 bags of luggage, you never didn't get your first meal choice, there was never a catering error ... and so on, and so on.

"Roll over and allow the decline to continue?" What is the option? Fly private?
I slightly disagree just because WN in my experience has consistently provided better customer service even prior to the flight. WN is extremely generous with schedule changes... I have never been denied a request for different routing even when my original flight only changed by 25 minutes. Meanwhile on DL, UA, and even B6, I always feel like I have to push them hard to get decent alternative options. AA isn't much better but since I'm CK they pretty much don't dare to argue with me otherwise I'm sure they would treat me like crap and enforce their new 6-hour schedule change rules.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 7:04 am

I used my Delta Reserve Companion ticket. So I purchased FIrst class and paid one fare for 2 seats in F. Only reason I paid for it.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Well, I complained about the poor food and beverage offerings (amongst other service failures) on my flight ~ a month ago and they tossed me 20,000 miles.

This particular reply from CS actually seemed like it was written at least partially by a human rather than something that was just spit out of a computer. Hopefully if more premium customers continue to complain they will finally start offering an appropriate service in the premium cabins.
SkyTeam777 and krazykanuck like this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cmd320
<snip> I never once even considered WN. I’ve flown WN exactly three times in my life and honestly, I don’t see the overall value of the experience being any better than Spirit.
I find that I very rarely agree with your perspective/point of view, but with regard to WN we are in violent agreement.

Regards
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Well, I complained about the poor food and beverage offerings (amongst other service failures) on my flight ~ a month ago and they tossed me 20,000 miles.

This particular reply from CS actually seemed like it was written at least partially by a human rather than something that was just spit out of a computer. Hopefully if more premium customers continue to complain they will finally start offering an appropriate service in the premium cabins.
But sadly they haven't done anything to improve the inflight experience. Shows you how little DL really cares these days but that's ok, they aren't the only airline around.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by fly747first
But sadly they haven't done anything to improve the inflight experience. Shows you how little DL really cares these days but that's ok, they aren't the only airline around.
How little they care? They are leaving TONS of revenue on the table with seat blocking...
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TXguy
How little they care? They are leaving TONS of revenue on the table with seat blocking...
That’s their choice.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:14 pm

That’s their choice.
Yes, and it’s great service.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, and it’s great service.
Seat blocking does not fall under the ‘service’ umbrella. Hence why there is an entire separate thread dedicated to this practice, which as you note, is akin to setting money on fire.
buckeye91 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:41 pm

Seat blocking does not fall under the ‘service’ umbrella. Hence why there is an entire separate thread dedicated to this practice, which as you note, is akin to setting money on fire.
It actually does for some of us...
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It actually does for some of us...
Great, but not for the mods who close this thread each time it’s brought up here.
fly747first likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 1:28 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Folks,
Once again this thread was derailed by a debate of other airlines offerings. I am willing to leave this open, but ask folks to please keep the thread on topic. I am mixed on if seat blocking belongs here or another thread, and tend to lean towards it deserving its own thread.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I'm on JFK-MEX in mid-October, DL metal. Am I right that it's water/beer/wine only, and no ice? Food is a selection from the junk basket?

At least my flights are 75W's, which I believe is the lie-flat seats (four rows in the seatmap). Is that right?

If I'm not wrong, has anything been announced about a timeline to putting an end to this ridiculousness?

Thank you,
-BlooJoo
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I'm on JFK-MEX in mid-October, DL metal. Am I right that it's water/beer/wine only, and no ice? Food is a selection from the junk basket?

At least my flights are 75W's, which I believe is the lie-flat seats (four rows in the seatmap). Is that right?

If I'm not wrong, has anything been announced about a timeline to putting an end to this ridiculousness?

Thank you,
-BlooJoo
You are correct. It’ll be a water/beer/wine flight. 75S is the one with lie-flats though the seat map you described should be it. Should be 4 rows with 16 total J seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.