Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TXguy
AA and UA are not providing normal service or seat blocking. At least DL provides one.
So flying LAX-JFK as a D1 customer, please explain what benefit there is to my flying Delta.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
So flying LAX-JFK as a D1 customer, please explain what benefit there is to my flying Delta.
you'll get there alive.
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by cmd320
Not much other than flat bed seats, which you would get on AA anyway, and the skypeso's and MQM's and MQD's to help with your status.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Does any one know why DL chose to serve 7.5 oz cans of soft drinks when they expand in-flight services next month?
United has been serving full size 12 oz. cans, just curious
Maybe they think most customers won't drink the whole big boy can? Maybe DL got a better price from Coke on the baby cans? The Mayo Clinic told them that the smaller cans are more covid safe due to less surface space for germs to live on? Who knows. Seems a bit odd as all the carts, bins, etc. have always presumably been sized to accommodate the 12 oz cans.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:10 pm

Gaslighting? It’s your side that’s using hyperbole.... And by and large, you are the same ones who can be found on the other airlines’ pages complaining about the food you laud here.
Your side?.. hmmm... looks like someone is carrying around lots of baggage. But sadly a reflection of current times where everything is 'us vs. them' conflict
Please counter on logic instead of repeating 'don't fly DL' ad infinitum

So what if some of posters go on AA/UA forums and complain about food, last I checked it is not illegal to complain and where quality of service is deficient there will definitely be complaints and criticism. In this forum topic, DL is clearly below par in domestic F service and is rightly copping its fair share of criticism.

No need to take it personally.

AA and UA are not providing normal service or seat blocking. At least DL provides one.
Most vocal critics on this topic are the ones paying for F. At this time, AS, AA and UA are definitely providing better service in F compared to DL and that is a fact.
Empty seat in F is nothing more than a placebo. I have no issue if someone is happy with that but reality is it has no effect on safety if everybody is masked up.
emrdoc, p100a, GagaPilot and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jeet
Your side?.. hmmm... looks like someone is carrying around lots of baggage. But sadly a reflection of current times where everything is 'us vs. them' conflict
Please counter on logic instead of repeating 'don't fly DL' ad infinitum

So what if some of posters go on AA/UA forums and complain about food, last I checked it is not illegal to complain and where quality of service is deficient there will definitely be complaints and criticism. In this forum topic, DL is clearly below par in domestic F service and is rightly copping its fair share of criticism.

No need to take it personally.

Most vocal critics on this topic are the ones paying for F. At this time, AS, AA and UA are definitely providing better service in F compared to DL and that is a fact.
Empty seat in F is nothing more than a placebo. I have no issue if someone is happy with that but reality is it has no effect on safety if everybody is masked up.
I pay for F and prefer the blocked seats. And would even if there were not a virus. And ironically, the more service, the less often “everybody is masked up.”

It is a fact that DL is offering a better product, except on D1 and D1-equipped aircraft.
ijgordon, BenA and Biscoff27 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I pay for F and prefer the blocked seats. And would even if there were not a virus. And ironically, the more service, the less often “everybody is masked up.”

It is a fact that DL is offering a better product, except on D1 and D1-equipped aircraft.
No it isn't a fact. It's your opinion. Whether having a blocked seat next to you equates to a better product versus competitors that are offering superior food and beverage offerings, but with a neighbor, is a matter of opinion. I want my real food and woodford back. That's my two drips of sh*tty Sweetwater worth of opinion.

As for as paying for F and liking blocked seats, I'm pretty sure you can buy an extra seat (customers of size have been able to do this) if you really care that much, but I doubt you do.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
No it isn't a fact. It's your opinion. Whether having a blocked seat next to you equates to a better product versus competitors that are offering superior food and beverage offerings, but with a neighbor, is a matter of opinion. I want my real food and woodford back. That's my two drips of sh*tty Sweetwater worth of opinion.

As for as paying for F and liking blocked seats, I'm pretty sure you can buy an extra seat (customers of size have been able to do this) if you really care that much, but I doubt you do.
The “it’s a fact” part was only in response to the exact same thing being said by the other side.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Best to agree to disagree and move on.

personally, I think DL is being uncompetitive with their soft product. It's a mess.

We all like the empty seat, but I'd rather have first class be first class again...
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360

I prefer flying on a private jet by 25k coast to coast gets a bit expensive. Nobody should ever have gotten used to empty/blocked seats on an airline. It's probably that logic that has flooded the inbox at delta with praise that makes it hard to walk it back.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by sassybritches
you'll get there alive.
Are you suggesting you won't get there alive on one of the other airlines that serves that route?
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

When people are flying Spirit because NK is offering a better product than DL that tells you everything about Delta's "superior" offerings LOL.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by demkr
Best to agree to disagree and move on.
LOL, your post was number 3365 in this thread (that is three thousand three hundred and sixty five). I think the "lets agree to disagree and move on" ship sailed a good while ago.

Regards
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:14 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If the seat next to me is not blocked can I expect PDBs and full bar service in F

That will take my mind off thinking about how good the air filters are compared to taking a bus
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by scubadu
I think the "lets agree to disagree and move on" ship sailed a good while ago.
Nah, still plenty of original ideas to toss about here...

Seriously, if lightning struck and a select half-dozen (maybe even fewer) usernames' posts and ensuing responses evaporated, this thread would not be over 100 posts.
ijgordon, ab2013 and CalebMCO like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Mar 28, 2021 at 10:43 pm Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.