Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by jgers1j
I asked today when I spoke to an agent. She had to ask me for my Skymiles number and then a few annoying identification questions. She said for some reason not everyone's phone number registers yet. She said it was frustrating for the agents also.
This can be due to technical reasons, maybe there are other systems and something is not integrated (yet).
Old Feb 5, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by TATLTAIL
New one for me at DL, wondering if anyone has had this or similar: was downgraded from J to C+ due to flight cancellation. I was happy to have gotten to destination, but felt there should be a refund of class difference, so I tried calling... 3+ hour callback for Diamonds, so used the messenger app. At which point I got a VERY rude person who told me I had to prove my status, giving me a link that didn't work. When I pointed this out, gave her my full name, PNR, SM#, and asked her to verify, she told me she was done with me: her words were, "If you Diamond then why don't you help me?" At which point she must have signed off."

Sounds like the new service standard at DL, esp. at some of the gatehouses in ATL and on the phone
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Issues with DL.dumb advertising mileage rates and never letting me book. Told 28 minutes last night, callback was just over an hour. Trying again tonight. Told 50 minutes; we're at an hour and a half. Tried Twitter as well, actually got an agent, but she didn't try too hard and gave me a "ME doesn't have a mileage deal (you can earn, not redeem) with DL," to which I told her "then why do I have a return flight on ME using miles?" I'm not sure why I stick with DL or try to save miles for nice things anymore.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Meanwhile at UA, with no status.

It looks like it may be time to finally update my signature.

unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Both Friday and Saturday, daytime for me here in Bangkok (2AM/4AM in Atlanta), I called and there was less than 1 minute hold before speaking to an agent. No callback offered, very fast to connect to agent.

-Chris
Old Feb 6, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Data point. Sunday evening. The automated system said the wait would be TWO HOURS. However the chat function completed my date change in ten minutes.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Data point. Sunday evening. The automated system said the wait would be TWO HOURS. However the chat function completed my date change in ten minutes.
You actually get responses on the chat function? Lucky.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:18 am

It appears wait times are more or less random, perhaps bearing some relation to time of day, perhaps totally random. While data points are interesting, there does not seem to be a consistent pattern, at least any that I can discern.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Had a wait time of 15 minutes on Plat line today but the agent was clueless. Was trying to charge me $89 fare difference for a same day flight change. When I asked about the next later flight, she said that was open for a same day change but it would be a $75 ticket change. I said not for platinum but she kept insisting it has been this way "always". She would not even hear of it being no charge. I pulled off on the side of the road, did the change on my phone (to the earlier flight that I actually wanted, for free) while I had her on the line. She was still blubbering away about the charge. I told her it is called a same day confirmed. Needless to say on the survey at the end of the call, she did not get a 5.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Called last night about an RUC and was quoted a 34 minute callback, got one in 33. Interestingly enough the last two times I’ve called I’ve somehow been sent to the Diamond line because both times when the agent picked up it said thanks for calling the Delta Diamond desk, not complaining but not sure how that keeps happening.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:57 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by MinnTee
Had a wait time of 15 minutes on Plat line today but the agent was clueless. Was trying to charge me $89 fare difference for a same day flight change. When I asked about the next later flight, she said that was open for a same day change but it would be a $75 ticket change. I said not for platinum but she kept insisting it has been this way "always". She would not even hear of it being no charge. I pulled off on the side of the road, did the change on my phone (to the earlier flight that I actually wanted, for free) while I had her on the line. She was still blubbering away about the charge. I told her it is called a same day confirmed. Needless to say on the survey at the end of the call, she did not get a 5.
that is sweet revenge, when you’re able to show somebody telling one thing that what you want is doable…. But was being a potential road hazard worth it?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
I live in a rural area, so there was no road hazard. I didn't see a car the entire time I was pulled off the road. Thanks for your concern.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Meanwhile at UA, with no status.

It looks like it may be time to finally update my signature.

I believe United uses airport and call center agents who are not otherwise busy to answer chats. Delta seems to use poorly trained agents for whom English is a second language with way too many conversations going at once.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:32 pm

I can confirm that this number does NOT put you through to Diamond member and they have no information on you or record.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Platinum line" last night at ~9:30pm ET, was advised of 34 minute callback wait, was closer to 45m.
And then 36 minutes to rebook an award ticket where DL canceled the flight since now it has to involve partners and they'll only offer a crappy itinerary even though much better flights are available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.