Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by troyintn
When I Call and need to make a change or need something, which happens frequently I expect to do it in a semi timely manner. If I need to plan on an hour or more a week of time with Delta to fix a minor problem that then turns it into a big deal.
Just the thought of calling Delta these days fills me with dread and anxiety
strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL
Got 3 RUCs applied yesterday evening, received the callback after 45 minutes. For Diamond this seems long, but the call was about 5 minutes with no issues applying the RUCs whatsoever, that's a win in my book.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Called in Mid day today and only had 10 mins of hold on the diamond line.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Utskicat
Im confused by this this comment. If your PNR is eligible for changes, you should just be able to cancel online for a full ecredit, why would someone rebook to create a split residual? Maybe I'm not understanding your point.
Cancelling online doesn’t always work as fast/easily — and sometimes it doesn’t work at all — as modifying the trip online. And so when time is short, it can be better to do the “modify flight” thing rather than the cancel thing when not wanting to risk things with a phone wait or even online wait for the cancel submission form to work its way through Delta.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Cancelling online doesn’t always work as fast/easily — and sometimes it doesn’t work at all — as modifying the trip online. And so when time is short, it can be better to do the “modify flight” thing rather than the cancel thing when not wanting to risk things with a phone wait or even online wait for the cancel submission form to work its way through Delta.
Okay, that makes sense I guess. But if you are just converting to an ecredit, filling out the form fulfills your responsibility to cancel before travel. They aren't going to penalize you for their backlog. I really can't see that this is happening in mass...most travelers are just not that savvy.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Called the PM line just now and was quoted a 53 minute hold time with a callback option. Callback came in ~40 minutes, but the Twitter team was already able to process my SDC in the meantime.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Tried an SDC this evening, but the app threw up a dialog about technical difficulties while processing it, leaving my reservation in a halfway state where it seemed like I was confirmed on the new flights (had seat assignments and I could tell from test booking that the inventory was gone), but couldn't check in ("you don't have an eTicket") -- so pretty standard case of just-needs-reissue.

Called in, quoted ~45 minute callback. After a short while it occurred to me, hey, I can try the traveling within the next 48 hours phone line. Despite probably being in "competition" with folks dealing with WX today, I got through in ~10 minutes. That was the good news.

The bad news was that although the agent genuinely seemed like they wanted to help, they also seemed out of their depth (not entirely surprising if it's all-hands-on-deck for massive IRROPs that the average agent's experience level would drop), and despite my attempts to coach them into doing a reissue (they tried it, or claimed to), they could see it was still in some weird state -- it seemed like possibly the system wanted to add/collect even for a last-seat premium cabin SDC. But they were unable to move past this, and kept getting hung up on how it was a Delta Vacations booking and insisting they needed to send me over to DV (which I knew was going to be a complete black hole) and when I suggested the ticketing support desk they just repeated the DV stuff, even though it's T-24h.

Fortunately just as I was giving up on succeeding with this agent, the callback came in (beating the estimate by ~20 minutes) so I said "okimgoingtotrythisanotherway,thanksforyourhelpand goodbye<click>" and took the callback. The callback agent was on point, instantly confirmed that "yep I can see this just needs a reissue... let me clean up the fare construction... give me a few moments... ok you should be able to check in now, I'm happy to wait on the line while you give it a try."
happydad100 and PanAmSam like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by diniasi
Got 3 RUCs applied yesterday evening, received the callback after 45 minutes. For Diamond this seems long, but the call was about 5 minutes with no issues applying the RUCs whatsoever, that's a win in my book.
About 3:30pm CST today I called in to apply RUCs. With all the current weather issues I was expected a call back in a couple of hours -- but I didn't even get asked if I wanted a call back before an agent answered and I was extremely surprised.

My call was closer to 20 minutes though. I'm thinking that may be because:
- Two separate trips
- Two segments on each one
- A travel companion on each trip (different person)
- Agent hadn't done many under the new rules (I could hear her reading through the rules as she went through the process).

Overall pretty happy though. 3 of 4 segments got upgraded immediately - and the only one that didn't was the shortest.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
New one for me at DL, wondering if anyone has had this or similar: was downgraded from J to C+ due to flight cancellation. I was happy to have gotten to destination, but felt there should be a refund of class difference, so I tried calling... 3+ hour callback for Diamonds, so used the messenger app. At which point I got a VERY rude person who told me I had to prove my status, giving me a link that didn't work. When I pointed this out, gave her my full name, PNR, SM#, and asked her to verify, she told me she was done with me: her words were, "If you Diamond then why don't you help me?" At which point she must have signed off.
I decided to call back to the Diamond line, waited for the return phone, and reported this (I had taken screen shots of the message exchange). To be fair, the phone agent was very professional and 1) refunded the original fare difference, 2) threw in and extra 200$ voucher for the problems, and 3) actually reported the message issue - I had a follow up phone call, with profuse apologies, from a real person about two days after.
I certainly understand that there are to be a few less-than-good persons in any organisation, and that we all have bad days/frustrations/moments, but this messenger agent (I took her name and location) was really quite something I haven't seen before. Makes me think of the long-ago days flying KL (pre-merger w/ AF), when the automatic response to any question was "that isn't possible."
GagaPilot, strickerj and PanAmSam like this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Called last night at 7:30 PM and was quoted 41 minutes for a callback. It came 2 hours and 9 minutes later.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM
New Reservations Phone System

The (relatively) new reservations phone lines do not ask for Skymiles number or recognize callers based on a phone number in profiles. How are Medallion members identified and prioritized?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Works fine for me. It just doesn’t say “Elite Member Line” like it used to.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by jgers1j
The (relatively) new reservations phone lines do not ask for Skymiles number or recognize callers based on a phone number in profiles. How are Medallion members identified and prioritized?
The system uses the Sky Miles number associated with the phone number. I sometimes call in for a Diamond or Silver and it still connects me based on MY account. There is no longer a way to let them know it is someone different.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM
I asked today when I spoke to an agent. She had to ask me for my Skymiles number and then a few annoying identification questions. She said for some reason not everyone's phone number registers yet. She said it was frustrating for the agents also.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
Originally Posted by jgers1j
I asked today when I spoke to an agent. She had to ask me for my Skymiles number and then a few annoying identification questions. She said for some reason not everyone's phone number registers yet. She said it was frustrating for the agents also.
Same thing happened to me multiple times over the last couple weeks. Agent told me though it was because I have two accounts attached to the same phone number. This used to be a problem with their old system which was eventually corrected, so hopefully they can figure it out this time relatively soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.