Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 2:26 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Delta?s $20 million designer uniforms draws mixed reviews | Fox News
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
All I can say about this thread is that there sure is no accounting for taste.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Smile

Originally Posted by kishkash
These new uniforms are life-giving and wonderfully stylish and refreshing. They're forward-thinking in color and concept while giving appropriate nods to mid-century glamour, especially in aviation. It's so nice to see something different than the drab, played-out navy/red/white motif that's been rehashed and remixed in countless and obvious ways.

While I think all of the main pieces are commendable, the highlights for me are in the details and accessories -- namely the apron, ties, scarf, pocket square, and purse. Oh, and the coats.

PS -- This shade of plum flatters just about every skin tone, too. Huge, thoughtful plus.
Spoken so well. The uniforms are lovely, but I covet that purse! And I don't even carry a purse. I suspect the purses are going to be stolen more so because of the style, than what is in it.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Just flew this morning, the safety video is based on the new uniforms and the history of the various uniforms used. Also, the ground staff at the oustation (SDQ) were wearing the new uniform, and all employees at JFK and DCA.
It actually got me to watch the safety video. First time in years since I can basically recite it. :-)

The uniforma where okay with me though in the end I don’t really care since I am not wearing it. If they wore jeans and polos and provided good service would be fine for me.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I actually like them. They do stand out in the sea of red, white, blue, and grey.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: A few
All this commotion over what the FAs are wearing and nary a mention of the ramp staff's new threads?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
When I first saw them I thought of FedEx
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
When I first saw them I thought of FedEx
I thought the shades or purple are different enough for me to not think of Federal Express.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Skymiles (DM, 1MM, SC Lifetime) HHonors (G)
Unbiased opinion

So, I was walking down the concourse to catch my flight at PHL (certainly not a major DL hub) without knowing about this new DL uniform. A female CA (in purple) and a male CA (in gray) were walking in front of me and had me wondered which airline they were associated with because I thought they looked pretty spiffy. Turned out they were my cabin crew on DL 2468 from PHL to MSP! So, my first impression -- looking good, guys!
jinglish likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: DL DM PM
The dresses are lovely. One of my flight crew yesterday, who never wears dresses, thinks the dresses are so much nicer than the vest / trouser / white shirt combo that she is reconsidering! They suit shapes and sizes from the very slim to the curvy. A real winner and the plum is a gorgeous shade for everyone.

The safety video showing the outfits through the years is fun! I haven't watched a safety video in years but this one had me glued.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I personally think they should bring back the brown suits from the late 70s
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
After not flying last week (2nd weeknoff this year), just saw the new uniforms today. I love them. They are way less purpley than I suspected. I think they look classy and really stand out from the other boring uniforms.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Neiman Marcus just announced a 40% off sale that includes Zac Posen clothing. I wonder whether there's anything in passport purple. [Just joking as his contract would probably say that he can't provide anything like the DL uniforms to the general public.]
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by puck021
After not flying last week (2nd weeknoff this year), just saw the new uniforms today. I love them. They are way less purpley than I suspected. I think they look classy and really stand out from the other boring uniforms.
Agreed. I had two flights on mainline jets on Sunday and the crew I saw all looked great. Seeing the comparisons to Barney or FedEx uniforms in this thread makes me think some people seriously need to get their eyes checked. They also did a really good job integrating the Delta logo in all sorts of places like buttons and pocket squares.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Today's tragic news about Kate Spade made me think of the late and unlamented "SONG" airline; she had designed the uniforms for the SONG crews. RIP, Kate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.