Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Widgets
I heard the new uniforms should be coming to all the subsidiary/regional airlines next year.
Great to hear, thanks! Like the other poster stated, it’s really strange to see two employees working together in two different uniforms. DL probably shouldn’t have rolled out the new uniforms until every employee can be wearing the new uniforms.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I don't see them coming to stations like JAC where the same SkyWest agents work flights for both Delta and United.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by boeingATL
The men's suits just look cheap. . . . and you know what I mean.
The nature of the beast. A good men’s suit is expensive. Honestly, I think that is part of why they have fallen out of favor in the corporate world - hard to ask employees to spend big money on a suit wardrobe and the cheap options look so terrible that they don’t serve a purpose.

I suspect some extensive tailoring would help, but a) we are back to an expense that most can’t or won’t spend on, and b) a good tailor is hard to find.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
I don't see them coming to stations like JAC where the same SkyWest agents work flights for both Delta and United.
I think stations like that will need to segregate their workforce. I used to work at a similar station working for DL/UA and my old coworkers there told me that they’ll be splitting their labor per shift. They don’t necessarily need DL-only people and UA-only people—they would just need to work a single airline for a single shift. It shouldn’t change much since that’s already how a lot of the employees already work. Even though they work 2 airlines, most employees stick to one and are very good at that airline’s policies.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
What uniforms do they currently wear? DL Richard Tyler or something else?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Originally Posted by pbarnette

The nature of the beast. A good men’s suit is expensive. Honestly, I think that is part of why they have fallen out of favor in the corporate world - hard to ask employees to spend big money on a suit wardrobe and the cheap options look so terrible that they don’t serve a purpose.

I suspect some extensive tailoring would help, but a) we are back to an expense that most can’t or won’t spend on, and b) a good tailor is hard to find.
Dark colors can hide a multitude of sins both with the suit and what's "in" the suit
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:31 am

The new uniforms look quite modern compared to other airlines in the concourse. Although I have one observation and one question from the new inflight safety video.

1. What were they thinking on the summer 1972 uniform, that thing is hideous.
2. Are there any old Northwest uniforms in the video?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Somewhat tangential, but the new safety video promoting the new uniforms is a clear improvement over the previous one, if only because it has banished that horrible FA with the vocal fry that was so grating. I like the new uniforms unto themselves--especially the contrast of the grey and purple with the light violet shirts--but if they contributed to the banishing of vocal fry I like them even more....
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I was wandering around SLC last week, thinking how great all the DL employees looked.
At first I thought it was a Utah thing, but then realized it was simply the uniform.
The old uniform made everyone look dumpy.

I talked to a FA ans she confirmed that the new uniforms are cut better.

DL did good, real good.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Was talking to a ramp agent at the A gates food court a couple days ago and she told me that management isn’t letting them wear the cotton t-shirts. They are required to wear the polyester polos or polyester button-ups. Plus they have to wear the bright yellow visibility vest on top of that. Lots of people are having issues keeping cool in the summer heat.

Apparantly Delta thinks their employees look low class in the t-shirts they offered as part of their uniform.

Do you care if a ramp agent slinging your bags in the belly of the airplane looks like a fashion model?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I cannot imagine having to wear polyester while working outside doing physical labor in the summer heat.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:20 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Modern polyester (e.g. Nike Dri Fit) is a better choice than cotton in the heat. You're probably thinking of old 1970s polyester.
SJC ORD LDR and defrosted like this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Breast cancer awareness month

Has anyone seen the new pink dresses yet? Yesterday I saw lots of the new pink scarfs for female employees in the wild. They're the distinctive shade of hot/bright pink with a white geometric print. Males were wearing pink ties that weren't particularly distinctive and really could have been the old pink ties in that they didn't look different.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:51 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
[left]Has anyone seen the new pink dresses yet?
saw one yesterday MSP-CMH
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew 2 AA flights yesterday, one int'l, one domestic, and it made me appreciate Delta's new uniforms that much more. The AA personnel just looked sloppy and careless, including male FA with simple white shirt half untucked, tie loosely knotted, other's shirts looked baggy, frumpy, and not fit well. Just did not look professional at all, like they just didn't care.
Delta's personnel just seem to always look really sharp, and it does affect one's perception of DL as a whole, as well as how one feels when interacting with them.
NotHamSarnie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.