Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Some employees already complaining about rashes and irritations with the new uniforms.
If the flights they worked were to vegas perhaps their uniform wasn't the culprit of their rashes and irritations.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
They look good, but lands end products generally look very bad after a few cleanings. My company used LE branded shirts in the past and I toss them after about 10 wears. I've tossed a couple dozen.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
dupe post

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Jun 11, 2018 at 12:38 pm Reason: dupe
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
They look good, but lands end products generally look very bad after a few cleanings. My company used LE branded shirts in the past and I toss them after about 10 wears. I've tossed a couple dozen.

I would be very surprised if durability were not a key factor in production. Just because it has a LE label on it does not mean that it is the same as all other LE products. The uniforms were almost certainly made to very specific specifications and standards.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm one of those dorks who downloads 'sticker sets' into my text message app, and noticed today that Delta has added stickers for employees in the new purple uniforms to their stickers.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I saw a strange uniform siting this morning at DAL. All of the DL employees were still wearing the old uniforms. It doesn’t look like DL contracts the employees at DAL as they had a full DL badge and lanyard so I’m not quite sure what’s going on there.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:02 am

Deleted, duplicate

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Jun 24, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
In the new safety video, there’s a super-funky uniform worn by an FA (Asian woman) that is, perhaps, the most awkward, hideous thing I’ve ever seen. Looks like it lasted only a few months (summer something).

Yowza! I’m sure they universally recognized that mistake and ditched it post haste.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheHorta
In the new safety video, there’s a super-funky uniform worn by an FA (Asian woman) that is, perhaps, the most awkward, hideous thing I’ve ever seen. Looks like it lasted only a few months (summer something).

Yowza! I’m sure they universally recognized that mistake and ditched it post haste.
It was the 1970's. Wild was kind of in.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It was the 1970's. Wild was kind of in.
And if a designer was sober and currently NOT feeling some sort of buzz in that era, it was a brief and accidental thing.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by TheHorta
In the new safety video, there’s a super-funky uniform worn by an FA (Asian woman)
I have to admit, that was my favorite part of the new safety video; in the immortal words of Dr. Seuss, "I like that party hat!"

The only thing missing was her not having wagged her finger!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Finally saw the new uniforms "in flight" this past weekend. The ladies purple is quite attractive and goes well with the blue leather interiors. Seems to my eye, to sort of blend the blue a little deeper and richer. . . . whatever the hell that means.

The men's suits just look cheap. . . . and you know what I mean.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I saw a strange uniform siting this morning at DAL. All of the DL employees were still wearing the old uniforms. It doesn’t look like DL contracts the employees at DAL as they had a full DL badge and lanyard so I’m not quite sure what’s going on there.
Also on that note, when will the uniforms roll out to DL connection? It's quite strange to be around DTW where DL employees are often working directly alongside contracted agents and seeing them wearing conflicting uniforms.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Also on that note, when will the uniforms roll out to DL connection? It's quite strange to be around DTW where DL employees are often working directly alongside contracted agents and seeing them wearing conflicting uniforms.
Supposedly DL’s employees at DAL are contracted to DGS (Delta Global Staffing) which also contracts employees to the connection carriers for ground staffing. The DL mainline FA I asked about this said DGS will never get the new purple uniforms. This seems strange because the DGS employees I saw were wearing the same old DL mainline Richard Tyler uniforms.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:53 am

I heard the new uniforms should be coming to all the subsidiary/regional airlines next year.
MCO Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.