Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
For the women, they look restrictive. These people are kneeling, bending over, reaching up, lifting bags, closing overhead and the look like they are restrictive in the arms, shoulders and underarms.

Im interested in knowing if its "Dry Clean Only" or normal wash. A private girls school in my state had a high end fashion designer create a new uniform and they were all dry clean only, which cost approx $700+ per child per year for cleaning (on top of the $1200+ per season uniform)
Old May 29, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I really like the Air France FA uniforms. Their choice of slacks really emphasizes certain features I find... um... worthy of admiration...

EDIT: I'm at 200 posts! MSP better watch his back!

Last edited by TheHorta; May 29, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Old May 29, 2018, 6:08 pm

They wear the dark blue because it is considered a professional business color. I chuckled when I read the post about the color of the uniforms being "PASSPORT PLUM" rather than purple, and also the history lesson regarding the color purple.

Whether you call the color of the womens' uniform Lavatory Lilac or Gaudy Grape, the color is still purple. Furthermore, it's true that violet was considered a royal color in the middle ages because of the rarity of the dye, however that distinction has not been enjoyed for many, many years. Throughout most of the United States purple is NOT considered a business color: in fact quite the contrary.

We are all entitled to our opinions on the subject of whether the uniform design and color is good or bad, but as a shareholder I am concerned about how much money the designer was paid for this mistake
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe the designer gets lifetime 360.

I'm pleased to report that apparently there was no DL fashion show outside on the runway/tarmac. Dodging airplanes in heat and humidity, and late thunderstorms, would not be fun and probably not good for the new uniforms. Instead, sometone threw a roll of carpet down on the floor in a T1 concourse at MSP and a bunch of employees played model. To me, they looked happy and enthusiastic about the new uniforms.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
They should just rename the airline from Delta to Virgin Atlantic USA. That's obviously the look they were going for. There is really nothing American about Delta anymore.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Their choice of slacks really emphasizes certain features I find... um... worthy of admiration...
Heavens to Betsy! The filth that's posted on here!

EDIT: I'm at 200 posts!
Congrats on 200!

MSP better watch his back!
I don't think MSP can watch HIS back!
TheHorta likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 7:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
They should just rename the airline from Delta to Virgin Atlantic USA. That's obviously the look they were going for. There is really nothing AAmerican about Delta anymore.
I certrainly hope not!
Old May 29, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MaritimeBarrister
but as a shareholder I am concerned about how much money the designer was paid for this mistake
Lol! I would like to nominate this for being the most comical comment of the day.
pbarnette, pvn and TheHorta like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Lol! I would like to nominate this for being the most comical comment of the day.
The one basically saying the uniforms are un-American gives it a run for the money.
jdrtravel, wrp96, muishkin and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Osmo
For the women, they look restrictive. These people are kneeling, bending over, reaching up, lifting bags, closing overhead and the look like they are restrictive in the arms, shoulders and underarms.

Im interested in knowing if its "Dry Clean Only" or normal wash. A private girls school in my state had a high end fashion designer create a new uniform and they were all dry clean only, which cost approx $700+ per child per year for cleaning (on top of the $1200+ per season uniform)
On my flight to YYZ a passenger asked the female FA how she liked them she said she liked them a lot but are a pain to iron after they get out of the wash.
Would assume based on her comment they are not dry clean only.
Osmo likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette

The one basically saying the uniforms are un-American gives it a run for the money.
Totally valid point.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pbarnette

Please. Some here would praise the new uniforms if they had the employees wearing potato sacks adorned with a widget formed of macaroni and crazy glue.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Originally Posted by wlau
I don't know why they insist on fixing what's not broken.
An article I read said that actually, Delta did surveys and found out that something was broken - nobody could distinguish Delta employees from any other US big airline employees. It also said they want them to present an image of a big global, not just US only, airline. That is, you should be able to spot a Delta FA walking through Heathrow or Narita. Not to mention, after 12 years it certainly is time for a facelift.

Some years ago I read something about uniforms. There are a small number of jobs where you're immediately identifiable due to your uniform, eg, doctor, and flight attendant was among them. I think they wanted to get back to that. It's also nice they did the ground crew too - means everyone is part of the same team.

I saw them today and liked them. Red pants for the Redcoats were the only one I didn't think worked. But the flight attendants looked really classy and lots of options in the styles. My favorite though was the new "wings", in gold with a curve (a la the A350 wing tips?) at the ends.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brillb
An article I read said that actually, Delta did surveys and found out that something was broken - nobody could distinguish Delta employees from any other US big airline employees. It also said they want them to present an image of a big global, not just US only, airline. That is, you should be able to spot a Delta FA walking through Heathrow or Narita. Not to mention, after 12 years it certainly is time for a facelift.

Some years ago I read something about uniforms. There are a small number of jobs where you're immediately identifiable due to your uniform, eg, doctor, and flight attendant was among them. I think they wanted to get back to that. It's also nice they did the ground crew too - means everyone is part of the same team.

I saw them today and liked them. Red pants for the Redcoats were the only one I didn't think worked. But the flight attendants looked really classy and lots of options in the styles. My favorite though was the new "wings", in gold with a curve (a la the A350 wing tips?) at the ends.
Do you have a link to that article? I'm not sure I could identify any airline uniform except for Delta's previous uniform and the ME3 thanks to the head scarf.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Do you have a link to that article? I'm not sure I could identify any airline uniform except for Delta's previous uniform and the ME3 thanks to the head scarf.
https://www.ajc.com/business/delta-rolls-out-new-employee-uniforms-passport-plum-hue/gysxOKRaM1o2ZIr5j8hAcJ/

We might also say the ME3 have a similar problem to DL/UA/AA if they're just identifiable as "ME3" rather than 3 separate, competing, airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.