Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:12 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
I just hope they don't have the same problems with them (rashes, respiratory problems, etc.) that they're having over at AA. Some of the pics I've seen of those reactions are horrible.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Taz
I just hope they don't have the same problems with them (rashes, respiratory problems, etc.) that they're having over at AA. Some of the pics I've seen of those reactions are horrible.
I don't think they will. The uniforms are manufacturer is Lands End whom AA went to after the employee complaints. The old AA uniforms were made by someone else.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
They are lovely in person, and as a standalone fleet outfit, I think the women's dresses are lovely. However, even as a former art student, IMHO blue and purple and red clash. They look like a bruise.....and it's hideous. I thought that way 10 years ago, when Patrica Field used to dress one of the SOTC leads (Miranda) in purple and red, and I feel that way now.

Spoke to a SC agent today in DTW, the company line is that the Purple (Plum? Aubergine?) is when you combine blue and red. And she said although the staff knew they needed new uniforms, a lot of staff are not happy about the new duds. FWIW.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So does this mean that there will actually be a consistent dress code on board? I was on an ATL-MIA flight right before Christmas and I remember mentioning to a couple of FT friends after the fact that the only person who seemed to be in a Delta prescribed uniform was the deadheading FA (who I overheard her say she was going on Christmas vacation) wearing her trademark DL red dress, and was definitely RDQ. Everybody else was a hodgepodge of pants, skirts, shirts, and a Delta pin.
Widgets likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I'm not a fan of the purple after flying last week.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I think they look great. Very sharp. and I hate purple in general.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
So does this mean that there will actually be a consistent dress code on board?

Everybody else was a hodgepodge of pants, skirts, shirts, and a Delta pin.
I am with you on this, I would pick a consistent dress code where they all match over my choice on what color I think looked good.

Color is highly subjective, and lighting, among other things changes the way color looks. Not to mention, as I said previously, there is no accounting for taste. So in my opinion I think a greater improvement would be they all looked more consistent.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by navi_jen
And she said although the staff knew they needed new uniforms, a lot of staff are not happy about the new duds. FWIW.
In other news, the sun rose in the East today. The probability that a new uniform would please every member of a large organization is (approximately) 0.0000000000000000000000000001%.
OHDL1, jdrtravel, jinglish and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Spoke to a SC agent today in DTW, the company line is that the Purple (Plum? Aubergine?) is when you combine blue and red. And she said although the staff knew they needed new uniforms, a lot of staff are not happy about the new duds. FWIW.

The agents at SFO and LAX (and on board) that I spoke with all loved them. The one person who did not like her new uniform was the red coat. She wished that it had been changed to purple and does not like the new red coat outfit.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Jun 10, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Some employees already complaining about rashes and irritations with the new uniforms.

Delta prepared for uniform roll-out with alternatives for employees complaining of skin irritations | Fox News
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:10 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Some employees already complaining about rashes and irritations with the new uniforms.
with tens of thousands of flight attendants + gate agents + etc, it's not surprising that "some" people are having problems.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
And they do seem to have made some contingency plans for common concerns. As someone with a wool allergy, I’m glad to see the company had a non-wool option available for others with that issue from early on.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I saw them for the first time last week. I thought they looked nice — way less garish than I was expecting. And they seem to have dialed back some of the super trendiness that I was worried would quickly look dated.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I really like them. I think they've done a nice job of adding some "international" flair and I think the purple looks good across a variety of skin tones. One FA told me that there have been some complaints about the new aprons for service being heavy/thick.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Last week, Delta Air Lines rolled out its new $20 million uniform line designed by Zac Posen. But some employees aren’t so excited, posting on social media that the outfits are causing rashes and skin irritation.
But Delta is prepared.“When we began working with employees to design new uniforms, we wanted to improve design, fit and function, while ensuring the health and safety of all Delta people,” the airline said in a statement. “That’s why we took three years to collect feedback and listen, including three months of testing live in the operation on 1,000 randomly selected employees.Since launch, we continue to actively source feedback and have already initiated conversations with any employee reporting an issue.
”The reports of skin reactions appeared just hours after the outfits were given to employees. According to Delta, the main concern is an apron that’s optional for employees to wear. But there are also alternatives available for crewmembers with sensitive skin – like an all-cotton shirt instead of the cotton-spandex blend, and non-wool clothing.
“Since our new uniforms launched for 64,000 Delta employees, we have received a few reports about potential chafing or skin irritation,” Delta said in a statement. “Just like the learnings we received from our thorough, three-year development process, which included three months of wear-testing on 1,000 frontline employees, we continue to listen and will resolve concerns on a case-by-case basis. We have already initiated conversations with each employee reporting an issue.”According to the airline, only a few dozen employees complained and their issues have already been mostly solved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.