Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Do you have a link to that article? I'm not sure I could identify any airline uniform except for Delta's previous uniform and the ME3 thanks to the head scarf.

Just off the top of my head. Air France - a big red bow-tie belt. Finnair - "finnish blue" with prominent white stripe on the shoulder/chest area with blue/white striped neck scarf. Singapore airline, well if you can't tell Singapore airline's uniform from others, then you must be blind. Qatar - lots of dark red/plum. Lufthansa - dark navy with a bright yellow neck scarf. Hainan Airline - a traditional Chinese cheongsam with gray/white Haute Couture coat and cape on top. Aer Lingus - glowing emerald. British Airways - navy blue, neck tie/scarf with same red/white/blue colors as the BA livery arranged in a checkered pattern. Qantas - dark navy with red and fuchsia diagonal bands on the left shoulder/chest area. American Airlines - charcoal gray or aviation blue, neck scarf with red/blue colors in a striped pattern.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:26 pm

Its futile trying to exercise an opinion on this thread because of the company ringers like jdrtravel that trash every opinion that doesnt coincide with their agenda.

Navy blue is, as you say, worn by 90% of airlines because it is considered a business professional color, similar to black and charcoal grey. IF you have ever spent any time in a professional business environment you would know that. That is why the blue blazer is a staple wear for professios. Purple, on the other hand, is NOT considered a business professional color.

In my insignificant opinion to the online ringers, appearing professional is much much more important than appearing distinct. That is the reason why pilots of most world airlines dress in a similar fashion.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:33 pm

I guess the Flight Attendant red dress must’ve been a horrid show of unprofessionalism.
wrp96 and jinglish like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MaritimeBarrister
Its futile trying to exercise an opinion on this thread because of the company ringers like jdrtravel that trash every opinion that doesnt coincide with their agenda.

Navy blue is, as you say, worn by 90% of airlines because it is considered a business professional color, similar to black and charcoal grey. IF you have ever spent any time in a professional business environment you would know that. That is why the blue blazer is a staple wear for professios. Purple, on the other hand, is NOT considered a business professional color.

In my insignificant opinion to the online ringers, appearing professional is much much more important than appearing distinct. That is the reason why pilots of most world airlines dress in a similar fashion.
I agree. Colors like Navy and Charcoal are timeless and wear well. If you wouldn't wear it to a job interview then you shouldn't wear it to work. I would never put on a purple suit for a job interview.

After a few washings it will look similar to upchucked sangria.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP

I agree. Colors like Navy and Charcoal are timeless and wear well. If you wouldn't wear it to a job interview then you shouldn't wear it to work. I would never put on a purple suit for a job interview.

After a few washings it will look similar to upchucked sangria.
Given the navy/charcoal suit look only became fashionable during the Victorian era, I would not call them timeless just yet.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:07 pm

A red dress in women's wear is acceptable and I've witnessed many an attorney wear it well. However the staple dark power colors are still considered the norm for any important appearnce. With that being said, please dont mistake a red dress with a purple dress.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
IF you have ever spent any time in a professional business environment you would know that. That is why the blue blazer is a staple wear for professios. Purple, on the other hand, is NOT considered a business professional color.
That depends how you define "professional". If you define it as an attorney, consultant, or someone else whose primary job is to be obsequious, then sure. But in a great deal of the business world, things are a lot more flexible. I mean, I haven't worn a blazer to work in 20+ years, much less a suit. Mostly, I wear t-shirts and jeans. And I do alright for myself, thank you very much.
wrp96 and jinglish like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I ate a bug.
pvn likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:15 am

Why are people so bent out of shape about this? As long as the employees like them, they are comfortable and functional, who cares? Also, I don't really get the whole 'professionalism' aspect of this discussion, everyone has to wear navy/gray or they are unprofessional? God, what a miserable, boring world that would be. It is an airline, relax, it isn't like they changed the uniforms to whatever ridiculous crap Vietjet is running these days. I guess the KE flight attendants look unprofessional? Aside from Emirates, they are probably the most easily recognizable in the world - which I would think is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with trying to establish a brand and stand out from the others.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:22 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Navy blue is, as you say, worn by 90% of airlines because it is considered a business professional color, similar to black and charcoal grey. IF you have ever spent any time in a professional business environment you would know that.
Why, exactly, do employees working on an aeroplane, necessarily hafto represent <your version of> a "professional business environment"?
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by muishkin
Just off the top of my head. Air France - a big red bow-tie belt. Finnair - "finnish blue" with prominent white stripe on the shoulder/chest area with blue/white striped neck scarf. Singapore airline, well if you can't tell Singapore airline's uniform from others, then you must be blind. Qatar - lots of dark red/plum. Lufthansa - dark navy with a bright yellow neck scarf. Hainan Airline - a traditional Chinese cheongsam with gray/white Haute Couture coat and cape on top. Aer Lingus - glowing emerald. British Airways - navy blue, neck tie/scarf with same red/white/blue colors as the BA livery arranged in a checkered pattern. Qantas - dark navy with red and fuchsia diagonal bands on the left shoulder/chest area. American Airlines - charcoal gray or aviation blue, neck scarf with red/blue colors in a striped pattern.
KLM turquoise blue uniforms are distinctive. KE is also distinctive with it's own shade of turquoise, although I've never figured out whether the pieces are just mix and match or whether the color of jacket signifies some hierarchy of FAs.

If someone isn't paying much attention, SQ and MH uniforms look similar. There's also some flight service manager uniform on SQ that looks more like a business suit; I think it might be a management position that isn't present on every flight. This is not at all the same as the purser.

Most USA and European carriers have a basic uniform that's a variation on a vague military looking navy (pant) suit with some scarf or whatever that's associated with the brand. Then you have the endless variations on the USA uniforms with cardigan, dress, etc. that create various looks and spoon climates, but are confusing in terms of branding.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
lol, you guys are really persecuted. just inhumane treatment in here. you don't seem too worried about the naysayers like RWYA trashing every opinion that doesn't coincide with his agenda.

"company ringers" lol

ok, nobody is disputing that, which if you have ever spent any time reading the thread you'd know that.

ok, cool, well, news flash, FAs are not pilots, and the delta pilot uniforms are not changing.

like, what do you think is going to happen here?
Old May 30, 2018, 4:49 am
pvn
Suspended

I would never put on a purple suit for a job interview.
it's a good thing that nobody is suggesting that you should, or that purple is an appropriate color for every situation.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:53 am
pvn
Suspended

guys, I work in a level four biosafety containment facility, and let me tell you these purple dresses would NOT protect you from airborne ebola, if you wore that to MY office you would DIE, it's extremely unprofessional!!
jdrtravel, kop84 and jinglish like this.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I love the handbag.
jdrtravel and NotHamSarnie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.