Wiki Posts
Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 7:18 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If anything, I'd say having a three-button jacket for the male FAs is definitely more... mature styling.
Old May 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
If anything, I'd say having a three-button jacket for the male FAs is definitely more... mature styling.

The entire look is heavily influenced by mid-century design. Maybe he feels like a teenager because he was a teenager the last time this style was in?
Old May 29, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by guam17
The new uniforms were in the safety video for a flight I had Sunday. They did the video with a history of uniforms. There were some from the 60's and 70's that were pretty sweet, although I'm sure not very practical. I haven't flown mainline in a while, but I presume it was pretty new since some of the FAs were actually watching it over passengers shoulders.
I also noticed the FA watching the video yesterday.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Richard Branson needs to start "Victorian Air Carriage" complete with flight attendants dressed to match and all accouterments.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Richard Branson needs to start "Victorian Air Carriage" complete with flight attendants dressed to match and all accouterments.
You do not want to be sitting in an aisle seat then, lest you be taken out by a FA's hoop skirt or bustle when she turns sideways during drink service.
TheHorta likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
These still look awful and off brand; it doesn’t look like they made as many modifications after the trial runs as the employees had been asking for. The male uniforms in particular still look like they’re designed for an 1800s elevator attendant, not a modern and fresh thinking global airline...
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
These still look awful and off brand;

I just love them.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by BenA
These still look awful and off brand; it doesn’t look like they made as many modifications after the trial runs as the employees had been asking for. The male uniforms in particular still look like they’re designed for an 1800s elevator attendant, not a modern and fresh thinking global airline...
There were hundreds of changes made to the uniforms as a result of employee feedback.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
Anyway, I can't imagine why any passenger would get up in arms about new uniforms. Seems like some people just look for things to get outraged about.
This is FT, it wouldn’t exist without fabricated outrage.
jdrtravel, wrp96, pvn and 3 others like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Despite the snark, I actually do like the look and am glad to hear how important employee feedback was in the process. No fun to have the 'it gave me a rash' problems American had when they rolled out their new uniforms with less process a while back.
jdrtravel and wrp96 like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Pass by the new uni in today, wow, they look worse in person. The style is not the issue, the color is the biggest problem. No identity, unless it's barney. I think this is a sick joke of some type. Purple is one of those aged color that especially does not look well on people that are more plumped...
Old May 29, 2018, 11:58 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
"identity"? What "identity" did the old navy blue uniforms have?
Old May 29, 2018, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Someone else said it best. "They look like a cross between Barney and Willy Wonka".

They are horrifying and don't represent the Delta brand at all.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
"identity"? What "identity" did the old navy blue uniforms have?
Blue has always been one of Delta's colors.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Someone else said it best. "They look like a cross between Barney and Willy Wonka".

They are horrifying and don't represent the Delta brand at all.
Purple isn't necessarily a bad color - but I think the biggest problem is that it's a color that is core to Virgin Atlantic's branding, not to Delta's. These new uniforms seem like they were designed for VS, not DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.