Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
2017 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1814354-2017-compensation-thread.html
Print Wikipost

2016 Compensation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Route: RDU-LGA-YUL
Fare: F

What Happened: RDU-LGA delayed so that I would have missed LGA-YUL. Called DM line for help and was rerouted RDU-ATL-YUL, but RDU-YUL was full in F, so I was assigned a C+ (middle) seat.

Compensation: Phone agent offered (without prompting) $200 voucher + refund of fare difference between F and W for that segment. Not bad since I ended up in YUL only 30 mins after I would have via LGA.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:47 am

Route: TPA-ATL-YUL
Fare: W Fare
What Happened: In flight go-go internet was unusable. Granted only $10 bucks so I didn't say anything in flight. I was sent a survey a few days later and filled it out and described the problem.
Compensation: 10,000 miles sent
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Route: RDU-LGA-YUL
Fare: F

What Happened: RDU-LGA delayed so that I would have missed LGA-YUL. Called DM line for help and was rerouted RDU-ATL-YUL, but RDU-YUL was full in F, so I was assigned a C+ (middle) seat.

Compensation: Phone agent offered (without prompting) $200 voucher + refund of fare difference between F and W for that segment. Not bad since I ended up in YUL only 30 mins after I would have via LGA.
I would probably have preferred a C- aisle to a C+ middle (if one was available, of course). That could also have increased the cash compensation.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by anon2k2
Phone agent offered (without prompting) $200 voucher + refund of fare difference between F and W for that segment.
Originally Posted by sethb
I would probably have preferred a C- aisle to a C+ middle (if one was available, of course). That could also have increased the cash compensation.
the refund should have been between F and the underlying coach fare since the C+ "upgrade" (even tho a middle) occurred anyway
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jrl767
the refund should have been between F and the underlying coach fare since the C+ "upgrade" (even tho a middle) occurred anyway
We don't know that. (I'll admit the likelihood of a higher-priority DM is fairly low.) But DL doesn't refund based on "would have gotten the upgrade anyway".
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Route: PHX-ATL
Fare: X
What Happened: Was #1 on the upgrade list for Comfort Plus, instead of the gate agents pulling me, they put standby passengers into the C+ seats. I ended up not getting a C+ sat
Compensation: 4,000 Miles
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC
Route: JFK-SAN
Fare: T (WU)
What Happened:
Wrote in two different unrelated complaints.
- GoGo WiFi was not turned on for the flight (maintenance issue?), despite being advertised as a WiFi flight.
- Seat recline was broken, would not lock/stay reclined.
Compensation: 15,000 Miles (7500 each)

Whereas in the past I've received fairly fast responses using the web write-in, in this case 3 weeks went by without reply*, until I finally received a phone call this week from an agent confirming the details and offering 15K miles in compensation for both issues.

[I had also used the web form to send-in a compliment about a FA on the same flight, and received an email response to that within 24hrs. Found the difference in timing interesting]

Last edited by mrothly; Oct 14, 2016 at 6:59 pm Reason: miles posted
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Route: BOS-DTW
Fare: First (A)
What Happened: Malfunctioning F seat with non-latching tray table.
Compensation: 7,500 Miles

I wrote in a month or so after the fact that while I enjoy the majority of my DL travel, I was a bit frustrated because of What Happened. Said I just wanted them to be able to find the plane with the problem and rectified it, but would appreciate some pesos. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Route: ATL-SAT
Fare: First (A)
What Happened: Malfunctioning F seat stuck recline button. Traveling with my wife and 22 month old. Seat wouldn't recline and when I pressed really hard the button depressed and wouldn't return. Thus you had to kind of sit only and not put too much pressure on seat back as it would then go back... and then come back up. Emailed about it and was pleasantly surprised to get a quick reply(few days) and offering the reward below to both my wife(was her seat on reservation) and to me.
Compensation: 2x "Choice" Rewards of 75 Dollars each.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Route: ATL-SFO
Fare: Main Cabin
What Happened: Boarded a known broken plane. Pilot says it's fixed and awaiting paperwork. Hour later it's the AC isn't working(no .... it's hot as hell). Another 30min. Finally fixed and we leave.

Frustrating to board a known broken plane and not know if it will be fixed to leave.

Month later just got an actual phone call. Apologized. Thanks for being GM. Offered 10,000 Sky Pesos.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Route: AMS-MSP
Fare: Main Cabin
What Happened: One of the three pilots got sick. Cockpit crew of 2 was not allowed to fly that far so after 5hr delay we departed for Boston to pick up 3rd pilot and fuel before continuing to MSP. Total delay: 7 1/2 hours.
Compensation: 15000 miles. Did not complain. Delta sent an email shortly after we departed AMS apologizing and offering the compensation.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: dl platinum
Route: SJD-ATL
Fare Main Cabin x4
Status GM
What Happened: 20hr delay due to blown fuse that when replaced shorted out nav system
Compensation: 17,500 miles per person plus $150 voucher. Also paid for cab to/from house offered hotel but we already had house available.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:05 am

Route: MSP-JFK
Fare: First (GAP fare)
What Happened: No PDB offered and no explanation given. Water bottles passed out shortly before pushback. Because I was observant, I could see that this was all because the flight wasn't catered until AFTER boarding was complete, due to the aircraft arriving late from Billings. I boarded at 5:20, took off at 6:00. Dinner service was exceptionally slow and I didn't get my first drink of the flight until 7:00pm...a full hour after take off and more than 1.5 hours after boarding. A JFK-based crew, FWIW.
Compensation: $100 voucher
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Route: ATL-SCL
Fare: C+ (paid to upgrade)

About 45 minutes into the flight, the LED reading light started to flash on and off. About an hour in, both reading lights came on and stayed on, along with the blue FA call light. The FA's tried to reset three times to no avail. They finally taped a safety card up there to help block the light. Had this been a day time flight i wouldn't have cared, but being a redeye i was not happy.

Compensation: 15,000 miles
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: DL
Route: LAN-MSP-DLH, three days later DLH-MSP-LAN
Fare: X

Three of the four legs were significantly delayed. The MSP-DLH leg had a landing gear issue upon takeoff. We had to fly back to MSP, wait for maintenance to determine it could not be fixed quickly, and get another plane. 5 hour delay. From DLH to MSP the flight was delayed 19 hours due to lack of aircraft. From MSP to LAN flight was delayed 3 hours because of weather.

Compensation: $200 gift card, $50 check for food reimbursement, hotel voucher for the delay on the DLH-MSP flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.