Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
2017 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1814354-2017-compensation-thread.html
Print Wikipost

2016 Compensation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Arrived 24-hours behind schedule

Date: Jun 23, 2016
Route: SFO-LAX-SYD
Fare: T ("upgraded" to C+)
What happened: Inbound connection to LAX initially delayed due to ATC, but we still landed in LAX at 9.50p only 20 minutes behind schedule; however there was a plane at our gate that "had issues" (no other details given). We pulled into the gate at 10.50p and the SYD flight a few gates away left at 10.50p. Eventually got rebooked in coach on another carrier for a flight leaving 24 hours later. Lost a full day of vacation, and the EC upgrade. Not heard anything from Delta yet. What is reasonable compensation?

Last edited by ats262; Jun 27, 2016 at 2:13 am Reason: Format
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:41 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Date: May 31, 2016
Route: ATL-SFO
Fare: U ("upgraded" to C+)
What happened: No snack basket ever offered in C+ despite it being a 5 hour flight (I posted this the day after wondering at the time if the snack basket was only at certain times of day, so more details are there). Also the power charging ports in my row were not operational.
Compensation: 7500 miles, and an e-mail message of apology that seemed personalized (or, at least, not straight out of a can) and addressed both of the aforementioned concerns.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: UA Gold
Date: June 18, 2016
Route: LAX-JFK
Fare: X ("W" Comfort+)
What happened: Error in the seat chart led to people being assigned non-existant seats, after about 20 had boarded they requested those who had boarded exit the plane to have their boarding passes rescanned and seats reassigned. Led to a 25 minute departure delay which resulted in an arrival 5 minutes late.
Compensation: 15,000 miles to my FB account, other DL medallions on the flight received 10,000 SkyMiles, unsure if applied to all passengers or only those who had to reboard. 1 free alcoholic beverage for economy as well. Also email apology that seemed to have been written specifically for the flight.

Thought I'd also add that I didn't complain, I had already received the apology email which promised the mileage compensation when I checked my phone after landing. Considering it was only a 5 minute delay in the end, I thought it was a bit generous, but of course I'm not complaining.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:43 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Thumbs down

Date: July 17, 2016
Route: MSP-DEN
Fare: WU (T)
What happened: Seat, tray table, and floor were sticky due to some prior spillage of a soft drink. I had to wipe all of these down (fortunately I carry wipes) to make them even marginally un-sticky, and my shoes were still sticking when I got to the terminal. (Since my feet inevitably went on the plastic runner near the window which transferred the stickiness.) Sent Delta pictures of this.
Compensation: Form letter, no miles or money.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Date: July 13, 2016
Route: ORD-CVG
Fare: P
What Happened: WX severely disrupted operations at ORD, as is often the case. Connecting through ORD after coming off a KLM flight. Ended up staying the night, since our original flight was hopelessly delayed. Rebooked in W the next day, as there were no seats in FC available. Requested a voucher or refund for the fare difference.
Compensation: $142 fare difference refunded to card for each ticket (total of three, $426).

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jul 21, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WWads
Date: July 13, 2016
Route: ORD-CVG
What Happened: WX severely disrupted operations at ORD
I was there the same day, was supposed to leave at 3 PM for RDU, ended up leaving around 10:30 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Date: July 25, 2016
Route: LGA-ATL
What Happened: Early AM flight out of LGA to get home. Neither power outlet functioned in my row. FA had no idea. As a photographer I use the outlets so I can be connected to power on the MBP and use power intensive software. It still lasted the whole flight though.
Compensation: 5000 Skypesos
Old Jul 31, 2016, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
What Happened: Early AM flight out of LGA to get home. Neither power outlet functioned in my row. FA had no idea. As a photographer I use the outlets so I can be connected to power on the MBP and use power intensive software. It still lasted the whole flight though.
I'm sorry, I don't mean this as a personal attack. But to complain about outlets going out on a 90-minute flight seems a bit petty. My experience is that batteries will easily last 90-minutes, give or take. I understand that perhaps some older batteries might die a few minutes earlier, but certainly nowhere near the point where any compensation should be due. It's not like this was a transcontinental flight with no power for 4+ hours. Worse - you even admit it lasted the whole flight and STILL asked for compensation. Why?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
I'm sorry, I don't mean this as a personal attack. But to complain about outlets going out on a 90-minute flight seems a bit petty. My experience is that batteries will easily last 90-minutes, give or take. I understand that perhaps some older batteries might die a few minutes earlier, but certainly nowhere near the point where any compensation should be due. It's not like this was a transcontinental flight with no power for 4+ hours. Worse - you even admit it lasted the whole flight and STILL asked for compensation. Why?
It's not petty at all, Delta touts the power outlets as a feature and it is one of the reasons I'll pay for First. If I'm not getting something I'm offered, I think Delta should make it right.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
It's not petty at all, Delta touts the power outlets as a feature and it is one of the reasons I'll pay for First. If I'm not getting something I'm offered, I think Delta should make it right.
That's fine, we don't have to agree. But to complain about a power outlet not working when OP didn't even need it is petty.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
That's fine, we don't have to agree. But to complain about a power outlet not working when OP didn't even need it is petty.
I did need it. And it's a feature that is put forth by Delta. Plugged in the laptop not only lasts longer but I can run the display at full brightness(important for editing photos) AND when plugged in it operates more efficiently. Which means I can get more work done.

Who cares how long the flight is? It didn't work. The seat is SOLD and said to have power... At what point and what feature should compensation be given?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:59 pm
Suspended

I did need it. And it's a feature that is put forth by Delta. Plugged in the laptop not only lasts longer but I can run the display at full brightness(important for editing photos) AND when plugged in it operates more efficiently. Which means I can get more work done.

Who cares how long the flight is? It didn't work. The seat is SOLD and said to have power... At what point and what feature should compensation be given?
But yet:

Doesn't sound like you did.

Look - you got compensation, why still fussing about it? Because you don't like that others feel differently than you?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:39 pm

I'm not fussing about anything. I shared compensation in the compensation thread.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta, AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold
Date: July 2, 2016
Route: EWN-ATL-DTW-PLN
Fare: Can't Remember
What Happened: Maint delay on my EWN segment that resulted in missing my connecting flight to DTW and DTW to PLN. I was put on a later flight to DTW(FC as well) and given a hotel. Sent an email in and they responded with an email and 9,500 points.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Route: LAX-BOS (flew LAX-JFK-BOS)
Fare: A (flew C/P)

What Happened: Flight showed on-time until the exact minute of departure, then boom listed a 7 hour mechanical delay. Ended up being almost 8 hours delayed. I emailed CS and mentioned that the plane never left the hanger and if they had posted the delay earlier folks could have made it to BOS that evening instead of the next morning.

Compensation: Emailed customer service and asked for 20k miles or $200 voucher. Received 20k miles. I would say they sent a form letter response, but the email had at least one typo. Way to go DL.

Side note, on the LAX-JFK the captain spoke to everyone in D1 and mentioned their SM status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.