Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
2017 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1814354-2017-compensation-thread.html
Print Wikipost

2016 Compensation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
My understanding is that the majority, if not all lie flats have manual operational capabilities. I've seen first-hand on the 767 a FA ask a J passenger to stand up and they were able to remove the cushions and manually put the seat into bed mode. While this might have been a 757, it sounds like OP possibly had some lazy FA's who thought it was easier to just stick them back in coach.
The crew was SLC based and the FA in First was very professional and apologetic. I didn't get the feeling that he didn't try his personal hardest to make it work for me, and I pointed this out in my contact with Delta and said I appreciated the FA efforts and it wasn't their fault (or anybody's really, but my experience was impacted nonetheless).

While the FA didn't take any cushions out, he spent about 10 minutes trying to get it to sit back up to no avail. Something was stuck under it and the motor kept making a grinding and clicking sound as it tried to raise but couldn't.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

How often are they flying a plane with lie flats on JFK-ATL?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by danib62
How often are they flying a plane with lie flats on JFK-ATL?
Daily. I think it's the first flight of the day in each direction.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
For someone without any status, yes, I would say it is reasonable. Alternatively, what do you think is fair?

You mentioned you replied and pointing out to them that certain things annoyed you. The most this will procure from DL is another generic apology response, given they have already offered you compensation.

I wasn't offended by the offer, so I guess it was ok in my mind. But, I see a lot of variability in this thread and wondered what others thought (+ wife may still choose to respond).

I sent the reply for feedback on specific items that I thought could have been handled better, not for requesting additional compensation. Thanks for your reply.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Route: LAX-JFK-ATL
Fare: X (OU at gate)
What Happened: Lie-flat seat from JFK to ATL broke after takeoff and stayed locked in the flat position. Was moved to a seat in the third-to-last row as the plane was otherwise full.
Compensation: 10K miles
At least it was the short flight.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Reporting on behalf of my brother:

Route: DTW-BWI
Fare: G Fare
What Happened: Misconnected at DTW, rebooked on a flight four hours later that was delayed, and rebooked into C+ as Y was full. Eventually moved to DTW-IAD and rented a car
Compensation: $200 Voucher
Old May 5, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Route: ATL->SFO
Fare: Forgot. Was in coach.
What Happened: Boarded and found my screen falling out of the seat in front of me, the seat pocket was ragged and you couldn't raise the window shade because it was split and it would go between the inner cover and window frame. Thus no window to raise.
Compensation: 7500 Miles.

PLUS... my 2 checked bags(work stuff and motorcycle gear) were well over the 20 minutes. Delta app instantly confirmed bags on time reward. Thanks, Delta!
Old May 6, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Route: SJU->JFK
Fare: U, but paid for upgrade to C+
What Happened: No snack basket of any kind passed around. No EATs available. Handed a slider roll with 1/2 slice processed turkey and 1/2 slice processed cheese on it and a packet of mayo. Not very appetizing for a vegetarian. Asked if FA would bring a banana from the FC basket back (as I had seen that basket passed around ahead of me) - denied. We had one beverage service only and not permitted to have an entire can of juice. Lady in the the window seat in my row hit the Service button to try to get something - no one came to see what was wanted; light stayed on for last hour of flight.
Compensation: 5000 Miles.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Route: SJU->JFK
Fare: U, but paid for upgrade to C+
What Happened: No snack basket of any kind passed around. No EATs available. Handed a slider roll with 1/2 slice processed turkey and 1/2 slice processed cheese on it and a packet of mayo. Not very appetizing for a vegetarian. Asked if FA would bring a banana from the FC basket back (as I had seen that basket passed around ahead of me) - denied. We had one beverage service only and not permitted to have an entire can of juice. Lady in the the window seat in my row hit the Service button to try to get something - no one came to see what was wanted; light stayed on for last hour of flight.
Compensation: 5000 Miles.
Likely a JFK crew, which is one of the more hit-or-miss stations as far as in-flight service go. Good that you reported it to DL.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
Date:Feb 12th 2016
Route:NRT - DTW
Fare M
What Happened: Still have no clue... DL Never elaborated. We ended up over night in NRT. 5 hrs at the gate. They offloaded the commercial cargo after the 1 hr mark. Delayed us until the airport closed for the night.
Compensation: Initially only 15k SkyPesos.. Then a few days later an additional 20K.

Warning... If Delta EVER starts to pass out Kit-Kats and Twix chocolates during a delay you are in for a LONG LONG day!!!
Old May 7, 2016, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skyrider117
Fare M
What Happened: Still have no clue... DL Never elaborated. We ended up over night in NRT. 5 hrs at the gate. They offloaded the commercial cargo after the 1 hr mark. Delayed us until the airport closed for the night.
Compensation: Initially only 15k SkyPesos.. Then a few days later an additional 20K.

Warning... If Delta EVER starts to pass out Kit-Kats and Twix chocolates during a delay you are in for a LONG LONG day!!!
Wow, an FO in coach got 35k miles for a delay. I don't think I've seen a post yet anywhere close to that payout. Makes me wonder what higher medallions in J got. 60-70k miles?
Old May 7, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Likely a JFK crew, which is one of the more hit-or-miss stations as far as in-flight service go. Good that you reported it to DL.
Yes, it was a JFK crew. I think it was a back-to-back JFK-SJU-JFK - the plane had just deplaned JFK-SJU and I saw no change of crew while waiting at the gate. Some of the rudest FAs I've encountered in some time. They seemed to want to huddle in the rear and gossip. I could see the FC FAs the entire time - they were doing proper service.
Old May 7, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
I was rather surprised myself..... As soon as I landed in DTW I spoke to a Red Coat.. They told me to call the Customer line.. initially they offered 5k.... I emphasized that we were in the plane for 5 hrs and they moved the cargo first... then came 10k. I asked for 6k in MQM so I would be bumped to Gold... They refused and said 15 was final offer.. I accepted..
Then POOF... 20K more
Old May 7, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by skyrider117
Fare M

I had a delay at IAD last month where they not only had KitKat and Twix (and peanuts, pretzels, Biscoff cookies - basically the FC snack basket) at the gate, they also rolled out a serve-yourself drink cart with cans of Coke, Sprite, etc - AND there was a redcoat wandering around with another basket handing out crayons and coloring books to the kids, decks of playing cards, and I think there were a couple of crossword puzzle books.

It was only about a 90 minute delay, but it was last flight of the day to DTW so many (most) of us missed our connection.

That whole trip was a cluster, and they ended up giving me 20K miles for my trouble.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
San slc msp lhr

Date: June 19, 2016
Route: SAN SLC MSP LHR
Fare: Economy
What Happened: Upon arrival at my gate in MSP, I make it to the gate just as boarding should've begun, but heard the tail end of some sort of delay announcement. I inquired at the desk - GA said there was a reverse thrust issue and the plane (a 764) was still in the hangar and they'd make an announcement in 30 min or so, so I headed to the club. Knowing

While in the SC, they updated the departure time to 3am. Knowing there are not a lot of 764s sitting around MSP, I went to grab some dinner and then returned to the club. Departure was then rescheduled for 1045 Monday morning, arriving at LHR after midnight - I knew I'd be toast to drive home that late - did not want to pay weekday rates at LHR hotels either. I'd evaluated my options on Expert Flyer and requested a reroute MSP JFK LHR on Monday as seat options were decent across the Pond (ended up with an open seat next to me on a 763).

DL provided a hotel and transportation voucher at MSP. The next morning, I missed a call from customer service - they called to follow up and see if I needed anything.

On Monday afternoon, I received an unsolicited email receiving 30k miles for the inconvenience. Does not cover all the missed work time, but at least DL was proactive, which I appreciate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.