Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DLroads
I just noticed DL 'wiped' all the information... so, none of the old data shows. Oh, well- it was a nice learning experience
Awww man, I really wanted to see mostly where I fit into the Mosaic set. Kudos to OP for finding this at least.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by planeluvr
Could it be in your profile for Activities and Interests?

AA - Air Adventures
MT - Multi-Day Tours
DT - Day Trips and Excursions
OP - Off the beaten Path
YOU GOT IT! That's what I loaded in my profile when the new delta.com launched. It also dictates what I see throughout my delta experience. You rock!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
The backend database that populates this info was either just taken offline because of this thread, or the values were nulled out. You can bet that this same information is available in some other XML file for the website to yank from, or their ability to market to us based on this info is hindered significantly. I'm sure this is a "Sev1" to
a) fix the "fire storm" here,
b) make sure they can still use this information in a meaningful way to enhance revenue.

And by "fire storm", I mean, this is probably a fire storm for them, not for us. Most of us seem to be relatively complacent about this info... It's either spot on, or close, or wildly inaccurate. Either way, we know a bit more and we're happy about that even if it means we know DL knows more about us than we have personally volunteered.

The data that DL, and any other company we routinely do business with though is massive. They know where we live, where we fly, how much we spend, whether we bring family or business companions, etc. The Hadoop level analytics you could mine from just the data DL knows first hand about us would be enough for them to make a lot of interesting decisions on.

The same is true for places like Amazon: Customers who bought this, also bought that. Based on your browsing/search history, Recommended for You, etc.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, QF, UA, HH Gold, SPG
Still able to see the data.

"ctryCd":"NZ" (current permanent residence for this US citizen)
"custValSeg":"0" (mostly sLUT fares, so fair enough)
"discSpndngAmt": (about right)
"homeValueAmt": (waaaaay too high... I could only wish)
"incomeAmt": (assuming no multipliers, too low by a factor of 4000)
"mindsetSeg":"FL"
"mosaicCd":"C13" (Silver Sophisticated..... ha, maybe in about 30 years, but it is safe to say that I will NEVER belong to a country club!)
"smTierLvl":"PM"
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:04 pm

Thanks to the OP : BallardFlyer !!!

This was a great run... the data is definitely offline now, glad that I copied it into a text file early in the game. I'm just another DM/MM with 0 value in the FL segment. Probably they figure I'm hooked.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Isn't the ONLY valid reason they're able to collect and store DOB is TSA, homeland security? 'seems like an extremely unethical use of said data, IMO.

These guys never stop looking for leverage to devalue perks and benefits. Constant cat/mouse, I guess?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by doubleA
Either way, I find the earlier IBTL comments funny, because why would FT care about closing this discussion?
+1

booku bucks
Are you sure you're not from Louisiana instead of Ireland? http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beaucoup
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
What I also don't understand is why this information should make any difference. If you are satisfied with the product and service you get from DL, why should the fact that they don't think you are an above-average source of profit be an issue? Nothing has changed. Is your ego this dependent on DL's stroking?...
I agree. I'm fascinated by the topic because I work in marketing/PR where audience segmentation is a key to success. I wonder how fluid the scores are? For example, after 3/1 when my status is gone, would other metrics change too? Makes sense that they would.

I don't take issue with a company knowing more about me that will help them market to me more effectively (other than the mosaic profile assuming I'm at retirement age even w my b-day correct ). But you're spot on that some folks seem to have taken this too seriously without knowing fully what it all means...and I agree it's most likely an ego thing. This thread wasn't needed to know that much!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by LabCat
Still able to see the data.

"ctryCd":"NZ" (current permanent residence for this US citizen)
"custValSeg":"0" (mostly sLUT fares, so fair enough)
"discSpndngAmt": (about right)
"homeValueAmt": (waaaaay too high... I could only wish)
"incomeAmt": (assuming no multipliers, too low by a factor of 4000)
"mindsetSeg":"FL"
"mosaicCd":"C13" (Silver Sophisticated..... ha, maybe in about 30 years, but it is safe to say that I will NEVER belong to a country club!)
"smTierLvl":"PM"
You must have accessed it just before it went dark, as I am getting all blank or N fields in contrast to what I got last night...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
BTW, those who are making the assumption that a "0" score is the lowest should know that Experian sometimes uses "0" to mean "cannot be rated." For example, on a credit report, "1" means paid as agreed upon, "2" means thirty days late, "3" means sixty days late, etc. "0" actually means Experian does not have enough information, and, in my industry, much caution is taken to NOT use a zero adversely. it's not negative.

It could be here that "0" simply means DL doesn't have enough data to rate the customer.
As a DM with a value of "0" this is very interesting...I'd love to know how long others have been flying with Delta (especially those with a value of 20+). I only joined SkyMiles in college (2001) and didn't start flying with them extensively until 2006. Since then, I went:

2006: General Member-->FO
2007: FO
2008: FO
2009: FO-->GM
2010: GM-->PM-->DM (which I've been since)

I suppose it is very possible that my Delta travel has not been extensive enough to warrant a rating. I know most on here will have many years on me.

My wife was also FO in 2006 and 2007 and hasn't had earned status since (though I've gifted her gold status twice). She also had a value of "0."
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Before the data went offline, I checked the other accounts in my family and it is definitely based on zip code. As I opened my Skymiles account a while back before I was a teenager, my home address has just stayed my parents address, and I just let the postal service forward anything that should come to any of the addys I've had since college (only mail I get from DL is the medallion kits, and those forward fine). My parents had the same generic metrics as myself (or, better said, I inherit the same metrics as my parents as I have kept my address the same as theirs).

My sister on the other hand has a different address, and has a much different profile, despite both of us flying the same # of miles on DL last year.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by Deemus7
As a DM with a value of "0" this is very interesting...I'd love to know how long others have been flying with Delta (especially those with a value of 20+). I only joined SkyMiles in college (2001) and didn't start flying with them extensively until 2006. Since then, I went:
I am a fellow DM "0"-er. I don't know when I joined SkyMiles -- probably in the late 80's or early 90's but I rarely flew them, being dedicated to NW (and for a few years, AA but never status). I had status with them for 15 out of the 20 years prior to the merger -- and I assume DL has all that information. So the "0" CustValSeg in my case probably does really mean 0

I guess this explains why I've never seen the Porsche in ATL (except once, looking out a window)

It doesn't bother me -- I'll keep flying to places I want to visit (and charging stuff to my DL Plat Amex) until it is either no longer fun.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Damnit - too late to the party.

really wanted to know what mama DL thought of me.

fricken chicken
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I am a PM mindsetSeg FL with a custValSeg of 4

Doesn't show my kids

Home value as I think it is because of my PO Box

Income is way off and discSpndngAmt is 0!

Also actvtyPref of OA,OP
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Checked out customer values for both myself and my wife. I'm a 2 and she's an 8. Gotta tell you, I find it disgraceful that they rate our value by how attractive we are.

Also, Delta told me that I have three children. Y'all will have to excuse me now while I call some ex-girlfriends.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.