Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Thanks, I was too lazy to read all 500 posts... while I was trying to catch up on the Sky Miles update thread.

"While the data displayed was only available to the specific user, we sincerely regret that this code displayed ...."

Yeah, I am confident that they sincerely regret this.

They want to amass great amounts of potentially unreliable data about us, but regret our knowing about it.
This has scared away a PM I know from DL.dumb
If so it should scare that person away from just about every web site.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
If so it should scare that person away from just about every web site.
I doubt my company really wants to profile it's employees when they're habits are already observable at the workplace.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809
Any chance those of us who missed the opportunity can see our data? I'd really love to know what you guys think of *me*.
More than "would like." If you are keeping data on me, I would like to know what it is and how you are using it.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Certainly I inderstand the value in that, but why did they need to transfer it from Delta.com to the customer's computer? Couldn't all of that be handled opaquely from the delta.com side? Incompetent programming or something important but less obvious?
Maybe your browser gets the info from Delta, and forwards it to the sites that generate the ads that dl.dumb shows you, so they can select which ad.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Late to the party. I would have loved to see how DL profiled me given all my international travel I've done in the last 18 months.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, I was too lazy to read all 500 posts... while I was trying to catch up on the Sky Miles update thread.
This thread was way better and more exciting.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mnredfox
This thread was way better and more exciting.
^^
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold;
Is this data still available?

It could be that this non-geek hasn't understood the instructions for how to access it.

Originally Posted by mnbp
Nope.
Act Fast... I think you can still get to the data!

I used Firefox with the "Firebug" add-in. Once installed, go to the delta website. Click the new "Firebug" button on the top right to launch the add-in, go to the "net" tab, then click the "Persist" button (leave the other button on "All"). Now log in to your account. It will list all of the data exchanges that open up between your browser and the site.

Scan the list. You should see "[+] POST bcdata.action". Drop down this [+] box.

Scan the "Headers" section, and towards the bottom you'll see details of a cookie. Copy/Paste this into a document editor.

It appears to be coded as "%2C" = Question, and "%3D" = responses, with a few minor variations. The variable names themselves appears to be the same, once accounting for these parsing letters.

Interestingly, I made PM in late December 2012. Field "smMthdOfAtnmt" (method of skymiles attainment) shows me as "12GOLD"... SO I suppose this may not have been updated since then... although when I log in the website itself does reflect my PM. Maybe this is the old "cookie" format of what the JSON was transmitting.

Most other fields seem to be dead-on. It shows me as F22, which is fair. My "incomeAmt" is my annual salary (as typically reported to CC apps, etc. within past 12 months). Yet other fields were off. My house value was either an old rental from 2 years ago or my parents house from when I joined (back in '94). It also lists my education as Bachelors but I have a PhD.

Interestingly, I see a "prtnrRev" field. I am guessing this is Partner Revenue. I flew one AeroMexico flight last year, and the amount shown is in the ballpark of what I paid.

It shows my mindsetSeg as DW and my CustValSeg as 2. I have been an infrequent flyer and SM member since 1994, but have come on strong this past year due to a new job. I fly almost exclusively within the US and stick to the middle economy fare classes (rare YBM and rare LUT) most of the time. I also joined SkyClub and hold the Amex Delta Plat.

I agree with prior posters that figuring out the "mindset" coding would be interesting, if nothing more than better understanding how Delta's sees (and segments) it's customer base. If people can keep posting their mindset and value codes, along with a brief description of their travel history and pattern, I bet we could get a bit further on this.

Good luck to all!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by yelldawg
I launched firebug and while I saw the cookie, there was nothing like the other info in mine, just the sort of stuff you'd expect to keep track of a logon.

In the "social-core-data" I did see my SkyMiles join date was in 1986 -- hadn't realized it was that early. I do remember somebody (UA?) canceled my SMF-LAX flight and booked me on DL so I signed up.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

I used Firefox with the "Firebug" add-in. Once installed, go to the delta website. Click the new "Firebug" button on the top right to launch the add-in, go to the "net" tab, then click the "Persist" button (leave the other button on "All"). Now log in to your account. It will list all of the data exchanges that open up between your browser and the site.

Scan the list. You should see "[+] POST bcdata.action". Drop down this [+] box.

Scan the "Headers" section, and towards the bottom you'll see details of a cookie. Copy/Paste this into a document editor.

It appears to be coded as "%2C" = Question, and "%3D" = responses, with a few minor variations. The variable names themselves appears to be the same, once accounting for these parsing letters.

Interestingly, I made PM in late December 2012. Field "smMthdOfAtnmt" (method of skymiles attainment) shows me as "12GOLD"... SO I suppose this may not have been updated since then... although when I log in the website itself does reflect my PM. Maybe this is the old "cookie" format of what the JSON was transmitting.

Most other fields seem to be dead-on. It shows me as F22, which is fair. My "incomeAmt" is my annual salary (as typically reported to CC apps, etc. within past 12 months). Yet other fields were off. My house value was either an old rental from 2 years ago or my parents house from when I joined (back in '94). It also lists my education as Bachelors but I have a PhD.

Interestingly, I see a "prtnrRev" field. I am guessing this is Partner Revenue. I flew one AeroMexico flight last year, and the amount shown is in the ballpark of what I paid.

It shows my mindsetSeg as DW and my CustValSeg as 2. I have been an infrequent flyer and SM member since 1994, but have come on strong this past year due to a new job. I fly almost exclusively within the US and stick to the middle economy fare classes (rare YBM and rare LUT) most of the time. I also joined SkyClub and hold the Amex Delta Plat.

I agree with prior posters that figuring out the "mindset" coding would be interesting, if nothing more than better understanding how Delta's sees (and segments) it's customer base. If people can keep posting their mindset and value codes, along with a brief description of their travel history and pattern, I bet we could get a bit further on this.

Good luck to all!
I did this but the details of the cookie don't seem to have any of those interesting fields. Could it be because I am based outside the US? But they still should have a customer value score and some of the other fields...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is there really a field here for education level? I don't remember noticing it or anyone having mentioned it before now.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
I copied the code, before Delta removed it, and pasted it to a txt file. Opening that file back up, I don't see anything that remotely resembles education level or anything like that.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by jtrue28
I copied the code, before Delta removed it, and pasted it to a txt file. Opening that file back up, I don't see anything that remotely resembles education level or anything like that.
I actually think this "cookie" version has more info. "Education" and "partnerRev" were not on the original list from JSON version.

Using the code from this source is not as obvious, you have to break it down\parse it. Here is what mine looked like (partial, with actual values replaced with "@")

... 3A%3DvisitorId%3D%7CPROFILEDATA%3A%3Dmp_country%3D US%2Cmp_lang%3Den%2CbirthDt%3D@@@@@@@@%2CcaInd%3DY %2CchldAgeRange%3D@@@@@%2CctryCd%3D@@%2CcustID%3D@ @@@@@@@@@@@@%2CcustItrstCd%3D%2CdiscSpndngAmt%3D@@ @@@%2CdrvdGndr%3D@%2CeducationCd%3D@@@%2ChomeOwner Ind%3D@%2ChomeValueAmt%3D@@@@@@%2CincomeAmt%3D@@%2 CmaritalSts%3D@ ...

If you break it down based on the %2C and the %3D, you start to see all of the codes and responses. Many/most of the fields match the JSON version.

Last edited by yelldawg; Jan 29, 2013 at 11:14 am
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there really a field here for education level? I don't remember noticing it or anyone having mentioned it before now.
And I wonder how they can use that to help them anyways.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I actually think this "cookie" version has more info. "Education" and "partnerRev" were not on the original list from JSON version.

Using the code from this source is not as obvious, you have to break it down\parse it. Here is what mine looked like (partial, with actual values replaced with "@")

... 3A%3DvisitorId%3D%7CPROFILEDATA%3A%3Dmp_country%3D US%2Cmp_lang%3Den%2CbirthDt%3D@@@@@@@@%2CcaInd%3DY %2CchldAgeRange%3D@@@@@%2CctryCd%3D@@%2CcustID%3D@ @@@@@@@@@@@@%2CcustItrstCd%3D%2CdiscSpndngAmt%3D@@ @@@%2CdrvdGndr%3D@%2CeducationCd%3D@@@%2ChomeOwner Ind%3D@%2ChomeValueAmt%3D@@@@@@%2CincomeAmt%3D@@%2 CmaritalSts%3D@ ...

If you break it down based on the %2C and the %3D, you start to see all of the codes and responses. Many/most of the fields match the JSON version.
I must be too late to the party. None of the interesting fields are appearing for me. After MP_LANG, I see s_pers and s_vi and a whole bunch of other uninteresting strings.

BTW, Firebug will parse the text for you if you click on "Cookies" instead of "Headers".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.