Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by lamont2718
I must be too late to the party. None of the interesting fields are appearing for me. After MP_LANG, I see s_pers and s_vi and a whole bunch of other uninteresting strings.

BTW, Firebug will parse the text for you if you click on "Cookies" instead of "Headers".
lamont2718-

If you use Firebug and the "Cookies" tab rather than the "Headers" tab, look under the "Session Persistence" cookie name. It will show you the values.

Doing it this way, I see MP_Country, MP_Lang, S_vi, then lyltid, bn_u, __utma, and more unintersting things, leading up to the "Session Persistence" cookie which contains the values.

The session persistence cookie name starts with the words "ClickStreamCloud", which I believe is a known Adobe aggregator of user data.

Hopefully you'll see this too. Maybe this is just a random cookie on my machine... who knows.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Thanks, but these fields simply aren't appearing for me. I see the session persistence cookie, but not lyltid, __utma, or any of the other fields from the JSON data.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by yelldawg
lamont2718-

If you use Firebug and the "Cookies" tab rather than the "Headers" tab, look under the "Session Persistence" cookie name. It will show you the values.

Doing it this way, I see MP_Country, MP_Lang, S_vi, then lyltid, bn_u, __utma, and more unintersting things, leading up to the "Session Persistence" cookie which contains the values.

The session persistence cookie name starts with the words "ClickStreamCloud", which I believe is a known Adobe aggregator of user data.

Hopefully you'll see this too. Maybe this is just a random cookie on my machine... who knows.
I don't have a "cookies" tab, or maybe I'm just not finding it? Where is it?

"View Source" parsed the text for me but there was still nothing interesting in there.

I also opened my Firefox options and found the Session Persistence cookie and copied the content but there was nothing interesting in there either.

Last edited by HongKonger; Jan 29, 2013 at 1:13 pm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold;
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I don't have a "cookies" tab, or maybe I'm just not finding it? Where is it?

"View Source" parsed the text for me but there was still nothing interesting in there.

I also opened my Firefox options and found the Session Persistence cookie and copied the content but there was nothing interesting in there either.
When I view the cookie through Firefox directly (options --> remove individual cookies), I still see the data. It definitely starts with "ClickStreamCloud". Note, that I am looking at the cookie that actually says "SessionPersistence" rather than the "S_Pers" cookie, which I assume would be storing the same basic data, but is not. I actually see several versions of the S_Pers" listed, with different expiration dates.

The SessionPersistence cookie shows an expiration date of Jan 29 2014.

I am accessing Delta.com from a work computer, and our IT has lots of various blocks and security measures. Is it possible they were using this cookie on my computer as a work-around to a blocked measure for the JSON previously discussed? I would suppose that someone else somewhere would be able to find this same setup on their machine, then.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Poking around briefly with Firebug, I found my name, SM #, Medallion level, date of joining SM, next itinerary (first segment), and segments on Delta and Air France last year.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yelldawg
When I view the cookie through Firefox directly (options --> remove individual cookies), I still see the data. It definitely starts with "ClickStreamCloud". Note, that I am looking at the cookie that actually says "SessionPersistence" rather than the "S_Pers" cookie, which I assume would be storing the same basic data, but is not. I actually see several versions of the S_Pers" listed, with different expiration dates.

The SessionPersistence cookie shows an expiration date of Jan 29 2014.

I am accessing Delta.com from a work computer, and our IT has lots of various blocks and security measures. Is it possible they were using this cookie on my computer as a work-around to a blocked measure for the JSON previously discussed? I would suppose that someone else somewhere would be able to find this same setup on their machine, then.
Yes that is the cookie I am viewing and it also starts with "ClickStreamCloud." But it has no interesting data, mostly stuff about my OS, screen resolution, etc.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
You can get around this by blocking all cookies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
You can get around this by blocking all cookies.
Get around what? You mean it will be forced to send the data in the POST action and then we'll be able to see it?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Get around what? You mean it will be forced to send the data in the POST action and then we'll be able to see it?
That way it prevents them from getting data about you if they have no cookies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
I don't think you can even login to the site without cookies enabled.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
That way it prevents them from getting data about you if they have no cookies.
But I wanted to see their POV on my especially my customer value score. I already know they have a ton of information on me and I don't care, I just wanted some from them and I missed my chance but we are trying to figure out how to get it anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Is your salary info for sale?

I recently came across this article about how the Equifax credit reporting agency, with the aid of thousands of human resource departments around the country, has assembled what may be the most powerful and thorough private database of Americans’ personal information ever created, containing 190 million employment and salary records covering more than one-third of U.S. adults.

Some of the information in the little-known database, created through an Equifax-owned company called The Work Number, is sold to debt collectors, financial service companies and other entities.

Maybe this is how Delta is getting and using our data.

Is Your Salary Info for Sale?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ascii
I don't think you can even login to the site without cookies enabled.
I can book a flight though and it shows the same T fare as the GDS displays.
You can always log in later and add FFP number.
This way DL can't pull BS on you by trying to upsell you a fare.
(The GDS though is also good at avoiding this.)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
I recently came across this article about how the Equifax credit reporting agency, with the aid of thousands of human resource departments around the country, has assembled what may be the most powerful and thorough private database of Americans’ personal information ever created, containing 190 million employment and salary records covering more than one-third of U.S. adults.

Some of the information in the little-known database, created through an Equifax-owned company called The Work Number, is sold to debt collectors, financial service companies and other entities.

Maybe this is how Delta is getting and using our data.

Is Your Salary Info for Sale?
Then I am proud that my HR Dept does not participate, as my salary was waaaayyyy off!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Then I am proud that my HR Dept does not participate, as my salary was waaaayyyy off!
+1
(Then again my location when I ran this thing was HK on a server in Wanchai so I think salary may have had to do with home value. My actual mortgage payment there is about $15000 though.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.