Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
custValSeg is most likely the customer value score (maybe titled now Customer Value Segmentation), which DL stated in the past, and even in public, that they are using behind the scenes...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-insight.html

Edited to add:

drvdHmArptCd seems to be based on distance between airport and address, unless you have specified a preferred airport on your profile.
Mosaic is somewhat accurate, income is partially accurate (I estimate the source(s) of the data base on the number I see). Customer value seg? not sure, but I make a guess that higher is better, and base on the numbers I've seen posted so far- it is a function of income vs. cost for DL, in some way.

Last edited by DLroads; Jan 25, 2013 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My mosaic is funny too. I wonder if they assigned these based on zip codes.
I would imagine they're assigned through a variety of information. Zip code is doubtless a factor, but not necessarily a dominant one. My wife and I had a reasonable mosaic that matches us well enough, save the various idiosyncracies no broad brush would be too likely to hit (F22) but our area is richer in boomer/retiree types at this point.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I should add that they show no children on my data or on those of Mr. Txaggie94, which makes us A05, Couples with Clout. I guess we'll have to explain to the gaggle of children why we changed the locks when they get off the bus.

"But, kids! Delta says we don't have you, and Delta is ALWAYS right. So your father and I are done paying your outrageous food bills."
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: DL EOS...
They're here.......
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
no one can see this but you. you have to be in a secure login and really even we couldn't see if unless the OP posted about it. I am sure most companies pull this information in the background, I sure bet your bank does and amex
I write web based applications for a living. I know exactly what DL is doing and how they are doing it. I can think of three or four possible exploits vectors off the bat, a couple of which are outside DL's direct control. Does that mean it's not secure at the moment? No, however, it's a juicy target with a higher than normal risk profile.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ti22
Try this one -

http://classic.demographicsnow.com/A.../MosaicUSA.htm

Originally posted by DeagleS
Thank you. Now I know that not only is mine wrong in the label but also insultingly wrong in much of the description.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thank you. Now I know that not only is mine wrong in the label but also insultingly wrong in much of the description.
Agreed, I'm not going to "give" anything identifiable here in public but this info is pretty whack. I'd love to share more but 'just can't trust 'em, ya know?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:39 am
Suspended

"custValSeg":"0"
"discSpndngAmt":"30931"
"drvdHmArptCd":"BOS"
"incomeAmt":"xxx"
"mindsetSeg":"FL"
"mosaicCd":"G25"
"smTierLvl":"FO"
Income off by factor 1000.
G25: Fairly accurate.
mindsetSeg":"FL" ?

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 25, 2013 at 10:22 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hahaha! P58 - "Fragile Families" - http://classic.demographicsnow.com/T...20Families.PDF

Also completely wrong, but not unsurprising as they have my salary 10x off.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:41 am

status matched GM (although I still flew 30k last year on Delta, a good bit booked in First or paid gate upgrades)- "custValSeg":"0"
homeValueAmt- Exact purchase price, had to have been pulled from NYC's real estate records
incomeAmt- Very close to being accurate including things like stock and other bonuses that I wouldn't normally include
mosiacCd: A06 (Jet Set Urbanite) Very accurate except I'm 25
mindsetSeg: NB (New business since I just status matched?)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Astriker
{"actvtyPref":"DT,MT,AA,OP", - This intrigues me since many don't reference it
Originally Posted by bowdenj
Good call - not many have had anything in this field - At first I thought perhaps it meant you were also preferred on AA but not sure MT/DT/OP.
Could it be in your profile for Activities and Interests?

AA - Air Adventures
MT - Multi-Day Tours
DT - Day Trips and Excursions
OP - Off the beaten Path
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I don't think Income Amt is related to any spend on Delta. Aside from the fact that it's off (using X100 as some suggested), Mrs. TrojanTraveler has the exact same figure. And if we combined our Delta spend, then the figure would be even more off.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I don't think Income Amt is related to any spend on Delta. Aside from the fact that it's off (using X100 as some suggested), Mrs. TrojanTraveler has the exact same figure. And if we combined our Delta spend, then the figure would be even more off.
Ok, good info. Perhaps mine is supposed to include my spouse since they seem to think I'm married. If they included my gf's income it would be pretty close.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BobRoss
Hahaha! P58 - "Fragile Families" - http://classic.demographicsnow.com/T...20Families.PDF

Also completely wrong, but not unsurprising as they have my salary 10x off.
My salary is off by about a factor of 20. Now I'm worrying that this could cause me to be treated badly in IROPs. My only attempt to fix a (fairly minor) problem with DL this month didn't go so well, not the same way as I've been treated in the past. I've already spent far more on DL tickets this year than what DL thinks is my annual salary. Shouldn't there be at least some crude algorithm to check the rough consistency of their data?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by steex
Updated as of all posts above this one (and some data received via Private Message):

BH from No Status, CustValSeg 0
DW from FO, CustValSeg 0
DW from DM, CustValSeg 20
FL from FO, CustValSeg 1
FL from FO, CustValSeg 2
FL from PM, CustValSeg 1
GT from DM, CustValSeg 0
GT from DM, CustValSeg 2
GT from DM, CustValSeg 27
IN from FO, CustValSeg 0
MM from FO, CustValSeg 0
MM from FO, CustValSeg 0
SS from GM, CustValSeg 2
SS from PM, CustValSeg 11
SS from PM, CustValSeg 5
SS from DM, CustValSeg 3
SS from DM, CustValSeg 6
SS from DM, CustValSeg 12
SS from Unknown Level, CustValSeg 5
MM from GM, CustValSeg 3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.