Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I think you are right! I rent a house, and the value is almost exactly right on Zillow.

For those with a '0', possibly an apartment?
Interesting. I seem to be the only one whose property value does not match Zillow. I've checked Zillow twice today, and what is showing on the DL information is ~60% of what shows in Zillow.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Do you think they are smart enough to do that?

Then again, these broad demographic surveys are usually pretty damn accurate when you read the full details. Obviously there are red herrings but...

classic.demographicsnow.com/AllocateOnline.srct?ShowPage=static/MosaicUSA.htm
The info in my profile right for just my skymile number. # of MQM, SM balance and zip code.

The spend, mosaic (there is nothing in my assigned R66 (Dare to Dream) that resembles me including my age, education, income, residence, homeownership, etc), income etc, are all wrong.

Oh, I guess they got my customer value right = 0, though!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am a DM who spent probably $5-6k last year thanks to having lots of rollover. I am a DW and have customer value seg of 0. I am so confused by this customer value segment. Are they saying they are writing off DMs who may not have spent "enough" in the past year? It seems they may be overlooking the value these same people have provided in the past in terms of annual spend and have the potential for providing in the future. I know they never intended for us to find out our value score, but knowing that I am a ZERO in their book drives me further away from spending with them in the future.

I have never noticed a difference in treatment as a DM/MM (always the best from DL employees), but perhaps agents have not been exposed to this data as of yet. If I start to notice poor treatment as a DM because I am a ZERO, I will definitely move remaining business.

It just seems DMs showing as "0" is a very odd datapoint.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by l'etoile
It's pretty clear they just needed to use my zip code to determine this based on their overall summary. I'm guessing 99 percent of this ranking is based on where you live.
I agree.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
It seems somebody just woke up in Atlanta, my profile in "bcdata.action" went completely blank.
Mine as well
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
It seems somebody just woke up in Atlanta, my profile in "bcdata.action" went completely blank.
Same here
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Yep, they've been here for about that much time now. Creepy, sneaky, just looking for anything to get an upperhand. And they have the nerve to call us GAMERS!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by l'etoile
A01 - American Royalty. It's pretty clear they just needed to use my zip code to determine this based on their overall summary. I'm guessing 99 percent of this ranking is based on where you live.

They had my home value correct and income about 10-15 % low.

Can't figure out mindset: IA.
If that's the case, does that mean that American Royalty only lives in SF?

Off with their heads...

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
I agree.
Same here. The profile generalizes my neighborhood, but not my personal situation very well. Of course the data Delta is using seems like a collection of different sources that don't line up with actuality. I'll take that a positive for now since I really don't think Delta needs to know everything about me. It could be interesting to see how this manifests itself if the airlines go to the customized pricing replacement for GDS they keep talking about though.

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by secretsea18
The info in my profile right for just my skymile number. # of MQM, SM balance and zip code.

The spend, mosaic (there is nothing in my assigned R66 (Dare to Dream) that resembles me including my age, education, income, residence, homeownership, etc), income etc, are all wrong.

Oh, I guess they got my customer value right = 0, though!
the mosaic would be based on your location (9 digit zip) and possibly a cross-section of income and other factors. There will always be red herrings in the datasets but Experian's data is almost always spot on... there's a reason they are used in the marketing field.

Originally Posted by indufan
I agree.
^
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: DL, US
I'm a Diamond
Customer Value: 23
Mindset: SS

90% of my travel are M+ fares as our company dictates that we travel on Fully Refundable Tickets and depending on the market it could be H, M, B, Y, but usually Y.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It just seems DMs showing as "0" is a very odd datapoint.
It appears from the document linked on an earlier post that DL has been using these scores and codes and that DL employees are well aware of these. I still find it interesting that nobody from DL has anonymously posted what everything means and how it is used.

What I also don't understand is why this information should make any difference. If you are satisfied with the product and service you get from DL, why should the fact that they don't think you are an above-average source of profit be an issue? Nothing has changed. Is your ego this dependent on DL's stroking?

I've got news for you... if DL thinks your not a good profit source, that's what the other airlines will think, too.

But why don't you celebrate that you are King of Finding Good Fares? That you get to travel all over the place while other suckers, who have paid more to be on the same plane, are subsidizing your trip? It seems that should be something for which to be proud, not for being the sucker who pays more.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Either way, I find the earlier IBTL comments funny, because why would FT care about closing this discussion?

The Sr. PM of Marketing Analytics however just got a freaking gold mine of information about how accurate and inaccurate what they're paying booku bucks for is really validating.

Also, this should be interesting from DL's perception of FT... If we're all valued at 0/1/2/3... FT is a noisy channel of low spenders. But, it might have also borne the fact that there's not just noisy low spenders here... Some of us care about our PM or DM status-- sure... but we might also be their most valuable customers learning from each other and from DL on FT.

This is a good thread ultimately for us-- to know more about how DL segments us beyond just Medallion, as well as for them to know that FT isn't just a bunch of noisy cranks sitting in a basement ruining their days and not spending moola.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Vuelos
the mosaic would be based on your location (9 digit zip) and possibly a cross-section of income and other factors. There will always be red herrings in the datasets but Experian's data is almost always spot on... there's a reason they are used in the marketing field.
Vuelos, good thing about FT is that there are people who post who actually know about which they are posting. It's appreciated.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
It was good while it lasted

I just noticed DL 'wiped' all the information... so, none of the old data shows. Oh, well- it was a nice learning experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.