Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Your animation hangs indefinitely on my computer right as the Asian woman is walking to the desk, right after "next Skypriority passenger" (time stamp around 1:05, right after the first guy got his ticket and walked away)

Last edited by Flyertall; Nov 30, 2014 at 10:34 pm
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
should work now

Last edited by Esltroy; Nov 30, 2014 at 11:03 pm
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:48 am
HMO

Originally Posted by Esltroy
should work now
It's still freezing at 1:05...
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by HMO
It's still freezing at 1:05...
Freezes for me too...
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZNT...ature=youtu.be

This link should work.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:56 am
HMO

Originally Posted by Esltroy
^^^
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Yes- did you also notice Tony DiNozo talked about the woman with the fake limp so she could get preboard. An excellent NCIS - The DYKWIA was indeed priceless.
The passenger who was the inspiration for that character was in the lounge at EWR last week. She had a medical boot, stylishly wrapped in a bandana, and was able to walk everywhere without difficulty, with decent speed and no visible limp. She even managed to balance 3 glasses of wine and a soda back to her table without spilling a drop. Impressive!
When we left the lounge to catch our flight to ATL, she came a few minutes behind us in a wheelchair, asking to pre-board. Well played, ma'am.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Was I a DYKWIA??

Last night at PHX on the 11:30pm PHX-JFK red eye. Due to late arriving aircraft, the GA boards F first rather than pre-board passengers. There were so many gate lice hovering around the gate area that I wasn't able to get to the sky priority lane. None of the lice were qualified for pre-board anyway so there was no reason for everyone to be standing that close to the gate blocking everyone.

After snaking my way through I finally got close to the entrance to the SKY lane and a group of 4 were literally standing shoulder to shoulder intentionally blocking others from passing by. I exclaimed in a slightly elevated and commanding voice "excuse me!" As I passed through I overheard "Oh Jesus" and "what's his problem?" I didn't reply to these remarks but my thoughts were call me mridley2 and and my problem is you will not get out of the damn way so those whose zone is being called are able to board.

This was after the GA made repeated announcements about the flight being full and those pax seated in Zones 2 & 3 would have to gate check their bags since there wouldn't be enough space to fit everyone's bag. I understand passengers want to stand near the gate to improve their chances of boarding at the beginning of their zone but it is inexcusable for passengers to block the gate area entirely. Partly I blame the GA's for causing such a panic but I understand that since it does alert passengers to remove imperative items from their bags in case they are required to check. But the GA should also announce & enforce the unspoken rule of those in the gate area to clear a path so passengers can board without hassle or delay.

Were my comments selfish or DYKWIA behavior? I do not think so but it did get quite the response from the east team in their fictitious game of red rover red rover.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:11 pm

I finally registered just so I could tell this story

Monday morning at DFW, at the Sky Priority line for security a couple tries to get in line, but they are not Sky Priority. The woman insists that they be let in the line because “I just had back surgery!” The Delta agent politely tries to direct them to where they can get wheelchair assistance, but the woman is having none of it – already yelling “I don't need a wheelchair! We just need to be in this line!!!” They go back and forth a few times. We need this line -> but this is for Sky Priority members only -> back surgery –> wheelchair -> repeat. She then yells that they “always” get to be in this line and they have never been treated so poorly and go off in a huff.

Love that they “always” get to be in Sky Priority - has she “always” just had back surgery before showing up at the airport?

Don't know what the big desire to be in the priority lane was about – Monday mornings they really aren't too much shorter than the regular lines anyway.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by SabbyB
I finally registered just so I could tell this story

Monday morning at DFW, at the Sky Priority line for security a couple tries to get in line, but they are not Sky Priority. The woman insists that they be let in the line because “I just had back surgery!” The Delta agent politely tries to direct them to where they can get wheelchair assistance, but the woman is having none of it – already yelling “I don't need a wheelchair! We just need to be in this line!!!” They go back and forth a few times. We need this line -> but this is for Sky Priority members only -> back surgery –> wheelchair -> repeat. She then yells that they “always” get to be in this line and they have never been treated so poorly and go off in a huff.

Love that they “always” get to be in Sky Priority - has she “always” just had back surgery before showing up at the airport?

Don't know what the big desire to be in the priority lane was about – Monday mornings they really aren't too much shorter than the regular lines anyway.
And the Pre line on Thursday afternoons and Fridays is not much better either.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
anatomical positions

Originally Posted by SabbyB
“I don't need a wheelchair! We just need to be in this line!!!”
Welcome to FlyerTalk--nice story!

Certain anatomical positions would make wheelchair use difficult and require frequent back surgery.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Long time lurker of this thread, just thought I'd drop this story from the Guardian. Clearly Korean Air gets the true DYKWIAs.
Cho Hyun-ah reportedly screamed at the flight attendant, who has not been named, for not asking her if she would like a preflight snack of macadamia nuts, and then for committing the egregious act of serving them in a paper bag rather than on a plate.

At one point, Cho reportedly told the attendant to fetch the in-flight service manual so that she could check company policy on serving nuts in the first-class cabin.

Cho, who is also known by her English name Heather, then ordered the attendant to leave the plane while it was readying for takeoff, the South Korean news agency Yonhap said.

The incident delayed flight KE088’s arrival at Incheon airport, near Seoul, by 11 minutes, it added.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mridley2

After snaking my way through I finally got close to the entrance to the SKY lane and a group of 4 were literally standing shoulder to shoulder intentionally blocking others from passing by. I exclaimed in a slightly elevated and commanding voice "excuse me!" As I passed through I overheard "Oh Jesus" and "what's his problem?" I didn't reply to these remarks but my thoughts were call me mridley2 and and my problem is you will not get out of the damn way so those whose zone is being called are able to board.

Were my comments selfish or DYKWIA behavior? I do not think so but it did get quite the response from the east team in their fictitious game of red rover red rover.
I don't think so and I have to deal with this all the time at the G gates in MSP due to they way they are laid out. I had a very similar situation to yours last week where a group of people were completely blocking the boarding process. First class was called and the rush to the gate started but this group moved up and then stopped, blocking access to everyone behind them.

I asked one young man if he was boarding and he said yes. The guy next to him then said, "no, they are boarding first class". I then said, "thank you, will you excuse me?" and then squeezed past them. They did separate as I passed through and I don't think they did it intentionally.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Godot
Long time lurker of this thread, just thought I'd drop this story from the Guardian. Clearly Korean Air gets the true DYKWIAs.

Cho Hyun-ah reportedly screamed at the flight attendant, who has not been named, for not asking her if she would like a preflight snack of macadamia nuts, and then for committing the egregious act of serving them in a paper bag rather than on a plate.

At one point, Cho reportedly told the attendant to fetch the in-flight service manual so that she could check company policy on serving nuts in the first-class cabin.

Cho, who is also known by her English name Heather, then ordered the attendant to leave the plane while it was readying for takeoff, the South Korean news agency Yonhap said.

The incident delayed flight KE088’s arrival at Incheon airport, near Seoul, by 11 minutes, it added.
We can read the highlighted phrase in different ways.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Godot
Gangnam style!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.