Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Look for the other post about this. I have gone 6 months without a pick-up and have given up expecting it again.

Congrats!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
This just happened to my boss for the first time.

Funny when he was telling me about it he somehow forgot to mention the "good looking young lady" part of the experience...
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Well it looks like contrary to the beliefs of many posters here, one or two of DL's DMs are actually valuable customers...

Congrats DHG.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: delta diamond
Porsche Pick up ATL

Happened to me and my biz partner last week / both Diamonds / 11 am arrival from FLL

Michael the driver was terrific / dropped us off at the baggage claim closest to Marta

Very nice perk indeed / he explained Porsche NA is building their new NA headquarters at the airport and had donated 8 vehicles to the program / said it was a great change from gate agent :}
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The question begs to be asked...

Did you have your hat on?
Old May 15, 2012, 8:03 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Talked with a seat mate the other day - he is a PM and had the pick up service a few weeks ago.
Not sure if there had been other reports of this being done for PMs
Old May 15, 2012, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Talked with a seat mate the other day - he is a PM and had the pick up service a few weeks ago.
Not sure if there had been other reports of this being done for PMs
Must be a mistake. This is a DM only benie.
Old May 15, 2012, 8:30 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Red face

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
That's what I told him - he then showed me his PM card and a pic of him getting into a Cayenne - I felt really stupid - what is this world coming to? The pic must have been photo shopped.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
This is what I initially thought as well, but if you take a look at some of the other travel boards out there, there have been reports of lower level elites getting the Porsche pickup service. It *appears* that it is based more on revenue than status though, to my knowledge, DL has not come out and said this.
Old May 20, 2012, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Definitely not true. It actually has nothing to do (directly) with being a DM.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I have also heard of PM's getting picked up. I'm sure it is based on rev
Old May 20, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
What kind of revenue? I was on a BE (M/SWU) ticket from IST and had to layover at ATL and got nothing.
Old May 20, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I guess as a PM in BE with a tight connection in ATL you have a good chance they are going to pick you up.
It's almost like NW's phantom upgrade program
Old May 20, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
Originally Posted by cfischer
I guess as a PM in BE with a tight connection in ATL you have a good chance they are going to pick you up.
It's almost like NW's phantom upgrade program

While that makes sense a few weeks back I missed a connection to LHR do to late arriving aircraft in Memphis. The Skyclub agents were amazing and tried to have a Porsche pick me up. We landed at the end of A concourse and I had 18 minutes to make it to E. I was able to get there in time to see the plane with door closed. There was a redcoat there and he told me he tried to get a Porsche to pick me up but, they were all booked up with previous commitments. So I do not think that they are doing it for tight connections.
Old May 20, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SLC 4217
So I do not think that they are doing it for tight connections.
This we *think* we know as fact that they are doing. Read back through this thread and you'll see lots of recipients of the Porsche pick up as having had tight connections through ATL. Now, the question is how tight is a tight connection. The only Porsche pick up I've received was when I was connecting through ATL (I live in ATL so rarely is this an issue for me) on a not-so-tight connection (in my opinion) that was unavoidable in scheduling flying to SAN. Driver told me that as a HVC with a "tight connection" (in the driver's words, in reality, I had about 30 minutes until my next flight began boarding and they delivered me to a set of stairs near the C37 SC) that DL wanted to ensure I made my next flight on time. I've read the conversations in this thread about drives to the parking lot, rental car counter, etc. and have even inquired of a couple of the ATL Red Coats that I know relatively well about the service and have been told several times now that DL is preferentially providing this service to HVCs on an as available service. There are very few Porsches and lots of HVCs that fly through Hartsfield on a daily basis. I don't think anyone claims to recognize a clear pattern as to how they pick who gets met, but tight connections seem to be one common theme here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.