Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Got the pick-up again last night coming off of DL1222 SLC>ATL. And again, I walked right past the guy holding the sign the first time. For some reason I turned around, went back and saw my name on the sign.

Kevin from the Elite Services Team was our driver, very nice guy. Took me to South Daily entrance, and took the other pax to South Baggage Claim.

I was traveling on an SWU, so no paid first class here.

One thing he mentioned is that they do transfer, arrival *and* departure services. I asked him how that worked and he said that they would stand just after security and randomly pick up any Diamonds coming through. When asked how they spotted Diamonds, he said watching and listening out for the clanking metal tags.

So use your tags, people.

Has anyone actually experienced this yet?
Old May 28, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jomes41
Look for the other post about this. I have gone 6 months without a pick-up and have given up expecting it again.

Congrats!
Don't feel bad, I have never had the pickup service even though I fly to or through ATL just about every week. Not a big deal, the first class upgrades are MUCH more valuable of a perk!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Surprised to be given the Porsche ride after arriving in ATL coming in from LGA this afternoon. Was driven from the gate on the B concourse over to the Marta station; it saved some time and some hassle, but most of all it made you feel a little special. Really nice touch by Delta. The young lady driver explained that they select a few DM's and PM's at random each day, and take them to their next flight or to the front of the airport if they are staying in ATL.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Got the Porsche pick-up in ATL for the first time today!! Delayed coming in on 1278 from MCO, so my connection was pretty tight. Got off the plane ready to make a sprint and was surprised to see someone holding a sign with my name. I walked over and saw the Porsche waiting outside!

She also had two other names (both of whom were apparently also seated in FC), but after waiting a few minutes, she decided that they must've deplaned and bolted without glancing at her placards. We walked down the stairs and drove from B5 to A29. She told me that she (and the rest of the group) basically watch for delayed inbound flights and offer this service as a courtesy to DM's first (and some PM's as well) when they have a tight connection, especially on the last flight of the night or on international connections. I was flying on a T fare I doubt I'd be considered a HVC...spent about $15k on DL last year.

Hats off to Vangie and the rest of the Elite Services Team!

If you were a DM on 1278 today and had flights out of the A concourse around 2:50 or 2:55 (or at least that's what Vangie said), you may have missed your chance at a ride (and missed your flight as a result)!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
we've been hearing for a while that the program is going to be extended to other hubs. Whats the timeline for this? I'd love to see it at JFK. Take me directly to my car in LTR
Heck. I'd be delighted if they met me at the door of the barbie jet at that JFK RJ farm and took me over to T3 for an easier walk to my car.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: delta diamond
delta picked me up in a Porsche

Happened to me last month coming in from FLL with my partner. The driver said Porsche NA is moving their offices close to the airport and supplied DL with a number of vehicles

The driver was terrific saying it beat his "gate agent" duty for the day. Dropped us off at Marta since didn't need a car
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:37 am

Got picked up today by Bud of the Elite team in Alanta! Didin't think I was going to make my connection. Riding in the Porsche is really a great way to make a connection!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
oh I so hope for this one day! I actually was hoping they would be there for a tight connection but alas we ended being 1.5hr late arriving so I missed the connection and had a 2hr layover. One day I will be apart of the DM Porsche club haha
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
The Porsche service is awesome. I have had it a few times,(twice in one weekend once). Going from E to curb-side that quickly is really cool.

I wonder if DL would ever make it a paid ad-on service. I would pay $20 for certain situations especially late night Intl arrivals where you just want to get out and get home.
Thoughts??
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Originally Posted by dean1121
The Porsche service is awesome. I have had it a few times,(twice in one weekend once). Going from E to curb-side that quickly is really cool.

I wonder if DL would ever make it a paid ad-on service. I would pay $20 for certain situations especially late night Intl arrivals where you just want to get out and get home.
Thoughts??
$20? That's what I tipped the driver!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
LOL! I was thinking $20 per minute the ride saved me Vs the train
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
oh yeah.. well...

you think the Porsche is nice, look what KLM picked me up in at AMS

...kidding.. just kidding

Last edited by Renes Points; Aug 22, 2012 at 5:49 am
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:44 am

I received a ride at the end of July when I had 9 minutes to connect from FLL to ORD. The driver, ride and experience was great! I did notice that they were not wearing DL uniforms. Are they DL employees?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've had a few close calls with connections in ATL due to delayed inbound. Was crossing my fingers for the porsche but no such luck. Got a nice jog from one end of A to the other end of B instead. Guess I need to update my status to KM
Old Aug 22, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
iPad got the Porsche treatment!

Thought folks might appreciate this story as relayed by a DL friend. Several weeks ago a passenger left her iPad on her first flight while connecting in ATL, and only realized it after boarding her on-going connection. She alerted the FA/GA (don't recall which) who called the ATL ramp tower to see if they could help track it down. It was found, but the clock was ticking to get the connecting flight out on time. With nobody to spare to transport it in a baggage cart (or other), somebody suggested the Porsche. Next thing you know, the iPad gets a luxury ride to be reunited with its owner. ^

As told, the Porsche was not diverted from picking up another pax...because I know somebody's going to snark about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.