Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by ExArkie
With my tight connection in MSP on Monday, I was met in the jetway and driven to the connecting gate. Wasn't a Porsche, merely an electric cart, and it went through the terminal - with a short elevator ride up to the connection corridor, and I didn't even know there was an elevator for the carts - but it saved me the stress of hurrying from C to G for the connection in 35 minutes (delayed getting into MSP). The driver told me they will be getting a car for this in MSP some time soon and the "catch a ride" program (sorry - is there actually a name for it?) is expanding to DTW and SLC later this year.
an electric cart? and the devaluation continues. I hope you write a letter and complain. You should get...10,000 miles.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Hope they served him a complementary Miller Lite on the ride!
Old May 18, 2013, 12:04 pm

Just got out of a Panamera at Atlanta airport, tking us to the Delta Club, no rush but way too slow for that car..
Great pleasure
Thank you Delta
Guy
Old May 18, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Got the Porsche every time I passed through ATL and had to change concourses. Not sure why other than the fact that Delta considered me a high value customer (that's what I was told anyways)... I'm sure they have a lot of those (HVC pax) going through ATL though. Unfortunately the Porsche ride does not make up for the continued dumbing down of DM benefits at Delta IMO so I have moved on down the road to another carrier and am much happier there even though they don't cart me around the hub airport in a fancy car.
Old May 29, 2013, 9:01 am

DL VIP Service

I recently also received the DL VIP Service in ATL. The Porsche was waiting for me on the tarmac and transferred from my gate at Terminal A to the Sky Lounge in F.
What an amazing experience.
It's lovely that as a Diamond Member DL still appreciates their customers.
Last year I received VIP service at JFK. A DL agent was waiting at the door of the aircraft and helped me through passports, collect my luggage, customs and to recheck my bags. Are they still doing that??
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]

Think this is my favorite part of the surprise and delight
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by Kvetguy
Just got out of a Panamera at Atlanta airport, tking us to the Delta Club, no rush but way too slow for that car..
Great pleasure
Thank you Delta
Guy
Welcome to FlyerTalk! And thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by Intltrvlgal
I recently also received the DL VIP Service in ATL. The Porsche was waiting for me on the tarmac and transferred from my gate at Terminal A to the Sky Lounge in F.
What an amazing experience.
It's lovely that as a Diamond Member DL still appreciates their customers.
Last year I received VIP service at JFK. A DL agent was waiting at the door of the aircraft and helped me through passports, collect my luggage, customs and to recheck my bags. Are they still doing that??

I think they are still doing that, but it doesn't seem to consistently occur.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dEagleS

Saturday arrival ATL was delayed due to longer flight time around the Midwest thunderstorms. Guy next to me had a 25 minute connect from one end of B to the other. Told him he might get lucky and get the Porsche service. And yes, he did. I got nada but I did have quite a bit more time so no problem to wander with the unwashed masses through the terminal. Maybe next time.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by dEagleS

I'm not seeing it as often as I did when the program was first rolled out in ATL...and I watch for it and for the cars on the tarmac.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 6:33 am

Appearently the service has been well received. I've heard that Porsches will be appearing soon in MSP and JFK.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Porsche ride in Atlanta

I apologize in advance for posting this in two threads but I was curious to hear people's experience with the Porsche pick up in Atlanta. How tight was the connection to trigger that ride?

I had a tight connection last year but wasn't a Diamond yet. That is the pre-req, right?

Has anyone gotten it more than once?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Search is your friend:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...p-porsche.html

Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
$pend with DL is a bigger pre-req than anything
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rwoman

Please continue this discussion in the thread referenced above.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.