Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:13 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by InsUW2
Yes I got the upgrade to FC on the first leg
Congratulations! A nice score!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:22 pm

Lol...yes...I can verify that over 90 were on the upgrade list. Some one didn't close the standby list.
With that many...surprised you got EC.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Lol...yes...I can verify that over 90 were on the upgrade list. Some one didn't close the standby list.
With that many...surprised you got EC.
lol i cheated and paid for that EC, but will be Gold on the 15th and then its free.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Yes, UG lists that long do happen.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...perienced.html
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
I wanted to share and see if this a common experience.

Just started a trip SAN to BOS vis ATL and as usual I selected the 10:50 pm red-eye to Atlanta 06/02 and the 8:46am flight to Boston on 06/03.

Well I checked in and didnt think sbout it till mid-morning Sun and noticed I was at number 4 of 10 on the upgrade list for the first segment and 25out of 35 for the second. So clearly I would not get one of the 5 seats for Atlanta to Boston flight, but I was in the running for 1 of the 6 on the San Diego to Atlanta leg.

Even my son who has no status other than from my purchase of the ticket, was nubmer 8. What no SkyMiles members in SD... Fast forward to the morning flight to Boston.

3 seats avail in FC and when we landed the list was 77 on the upgrade list and by the time we were going to pre-board it was up to 96.

I mean where is the logic in that 96 out of 138 were SM memebers looking for upgrades. And when they called for the SkyPriority to board it was most of the passengers. SO much for Zone 1 and everyone else.

Yes I got the upgrade to FC on the first leg and was happy in EC on the second.
Saturday transcon going east out of San is an easy upgrade as compared with Sunday or Monday morning. ATL BOS not so much. As a DM I have, absent SWU enjoyed the ambiance of EC. Doing ATl BOS later this week and no UG yet.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:53 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bicostal
Saturday transcon going east out of San is an easy upgrade as compared with Sunday or Monday morning. ATL BOS not so much. As a DM I have, absent SWU enjoyed the ambiance of EC. Doing ATl BOS later this week and no UG yet.
mine was a sunday redeye so I was surprised getting the upgrade to FC.
will hope that pattern holds as the next 3 trips all are out on Sat night red-eye's on 767's
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
mine was a sunday redeye so I was surprised getting the upgrade to FC.
will hope that pattern holds as the next 3 trips all are out on Sat night red-eye's on 767's
Too old to do red eyes under 6 hours. Lots of SWUs. Game on.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, AA, UA, WN, E+ Gold
Even my son who has no status other than from my purchase of the ticket, was nubmer 8.
Maybe i'm confused, but if your son is on your pnr how can you be #1 out of SAN and he #8? Since he has no status, he brings you down. I would expect you to be #8 and your son at #9.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
Maybe i'm confused, but if your son is on your pnr how can you be #1 out of SAN and he #8? Since he has no status, he brings you down. I would expect you to be #8 and your son at #9.
I was 4 and he was 10 only because I paid for the ticket and added him to my pnr, so it showed the medallion upgrade requested.

Maybe because I bought the tickets at separate times? I have no other Idea
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was 4 and he was 10 only because I paid for the ticket and added him to my pnr, so it showed the medallion upgrade requested.

Maybe because I bought the tickets at separate times? I have no other Idea
If the tickets were purchased at different times, you and son cannot be on the same PNR.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Either way i'm impressed that a silver made an UPG from the west coast. Those are rare, even for Plats.

And I remember passing by an ATL-SFO departure back in the winter (on a Monday). It was when the new config on the 763 came out with 25J and there was more than 120 medallions looking for an upgrade. Crazy
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Congratulations on the upgrade.

In my experience, redeyes are often easier upgrades as frequent business travelers seem to prefer daytime flights. Monday morning flights to business destinations are the opposite, often having upgrade lists stretching multiple screens.

Note that the last flights of the day often have shorter upgrade lists unless it's a Thursday or Friday as more people are flying home from work or to weekend getaways. I often take DL 2329, the last ATL-SEA of the day, and the upgrade lists have been anything from 7 to 70 passengers long.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:18 am

lol i cheated and paid for that EC, but will be Gold on the 15th and then its free.
Ahhhh...well played Sir.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Too old to do red eyes under 6 hours. Lots of SWUs. Game on.
I'm having a harder time using SWUs since the fare classes were realigned. These days Delta is selling lots of LUT fares closer to the departure date in the past, and many of those LUT fares cost more than K fares last year.

David
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
ATL-BOS on Mon morning is a heavy elite business travel flight. Not surprised the list is huge.
Congrats on the redeye upgrade though.

And yes the K fares for SWU are higher because of the stealth devaluation... with more new buckets added at the 'low' end, it pushed K into the middle and those fares are higher. Pretty much L or U is priced now where K used to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.