Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Be thankful you cleared into F on that flight even as a diamond. If you want to fly to LAX or SFO from DTW on a Monday morning in first, even as a diamond you should plan on paying for first or riding in the back.
I didn't clear into F. As the post states, I was put into "F" because of my Double Diamond DYKWIA status. Best part of this all is I was on an award ticket. I made them reissue under "paid" status so I could get miles and fare class bonus.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I didn't clear into F. As the post states, I was put into "F" because of my Double Diamond DYKWIA status. Best part of this all is I was on an award ticket. I made them reissue under "paid" status so I could get miles and fare class bonus.
I'm curious how you made the agent do so...

Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by rwoman

Showed her my Double Diamond DYKWIA card and said I would request IDB unless it was reissued as such.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lovecabo
...there needs to be some intelligence put into the process, such as dropping people at the bottom as the list continues to grow. Seems like the crack IT crowd could figure out some better way of handling it.
Why bother? What's the difference? Seeing the complete list provides a nice reminder of just how insignificant we Medallions are.

Originally Posted by indufan
IMHO, that would be wasted time in programming. "Fix" it just so it doesn't bother you?
Exactly.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Showed her my Double Diamond DYKWIA card and said I would request IDB unless it was reissued as such.
Bah.

You cannot request IDB, because (wait for it) the "I" stands for involuntary.

David
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
*confused* How would you "request" IDB? Did you intentionally not assign yourself a seat so that you'd be on the HK list? How would you "force" the agent to deny you boarding if they found other VDBs?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
*confused* How would you "request" IDB? Did you intentionally not assign yourself a seat so that you'd be on the HK list? How would you "force" the agent to deny you boarding if they found other VDBs?
sarcasm is tough for some people...
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
156 is still the most I've ever seen. It was on the morning ATL-LAX 777LR (DL1455 at the time, now DL110)on Sep 10 last year. Was #22 for 27 available seats when it swept. 8 DM still had to sit in the back according to the SC agent.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by ricvaflyer
sarcasm is tough for some people...
+1. Haha.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:00 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat

She must have been very attractive that he bothered to talk to her.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
- Uniforms do not always equal Shena.
- It is my understanding that, once boarded, you come off the UG list. Some GAs will still follow the list, others will not.
Not true. You are not removed from the upgrade list when you board in coach. I've done it many times and my name has always remained on the list, sometimes to be upgraded from coach.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Not true. You are not removed from the upgrade list when you board in coach. I've done it many times and my name has always remained on the list, sometimes to be upgraded from coach.
If you pay attention to the screens, the app and this forum, you would know this is not true. You DO come off the list. Some agents go the extra mile and go back and look at the real list while others take the easy way out.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I am surprised Delta was so hard up for a seat they would give you miles and code an award ticket as paid to give almost 3K MQMs. IME Delta never oversells first class so not sure how you could demand IDB compensation.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by B7e7US
She must have been very attractive that he bothered to talk to her.
But wouldn't they have been in separate cabins!? IIRC, in mbwmbw's opinion the attractive people ate found in the back of the plane.

Oh, wait, it would've been a GA...

Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
That's on a 767... I've seen lists that long on ATL-MSP at 7:30am Monday morning, usually MD or 757.

Pretty sure the longest I've seen is around 115

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.