Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Detroit Weather Alerts, Warnings and Advisories: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Detroit Weather Alerts, Warnings and Advisories: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Bagels
The current Fairfield DTW is a decent property. It opened in 2008, replacing the former Fairfield which is now a Ramada Inn. That said, the Marriot-branded properties (Marriott, Courtyard, Springfield Suites, Fairfield) are sold out for the evening.

The Metropolitan is old (among the original hotels) but is a decent property. It was branded as a Doubletree most of last decade and is in decent shape. It's not the best place to stay, but it's often the best for the money. For a quick overnight, I wouldn't be concerned - nice, clean rooms with comfortable beds and clean linens. It's literally located next to the runways, but not something to be concerned about this time of night.
I got a room at a marriott called yannifififiiaisti or something.... I need concierge level... it is just how I roll....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I got a room at a marriott called yannifififiiaisti or something.... I need concierge level... it is just how I roll....
Ah, the Marriott Ann Arbor but actually in Ypsilanti.

Decent property, but about 20 miles / 25-30 minutes from the airport. Considering it's past 10:30PM and I assume you have an early flight, that's a long terk!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Ah, the Marriott Ann Arbor but actually in Ypsilanti.

Decent property, but about 20 miles / 25-30 minutes from the airport. Considering it's past 10:30PM and I assume you have an early flight, that's a long terk!
fork sleep...how is the bar and where are the college gals?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:02 pm

fork sleep...how is the bar and where are the college gals?
LOL, although both UofMich and Eastern Michigan are nearby, the hot girls are home for the summer.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
If you're stuck in Detroit, why not stay at the Henry (f/k/a Ritz Carlton).

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
LOL, although both UofMich and Eastern Michigan are nearby, the hot girls are home for the summer.
Is there a summer session?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Is there a summer session?
Yes, there is, but like I said, all the hot girls are home for the summer.

The company I worked for asked me to take a specific science class this summer, so I'm taking it at a local community college (which is silly since I have an MBA). But WOW, the eye candy has been worth the price of admission. Or many my standards/perceptions have dropped because I'm getting older? Oh, to be 18 again. Or some creppy almost 30-year-old guy that hits on 18-year-old girls. Cancun spring break, 2012 - here I come!!!!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:53 pm
Suspended

If you're stuck in Detroit, why not stay at the Henry (f/k/a Ritz Carlton).

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/
Where the hell were you before I took a $45 cab ride? The bar here is hopping, there are 3 dudes speaking portugese watching soccer... good news is some gal with a nasly accent got me a Jr Suite and I showered to get the French off me and am butt arse nekked with the AC rolling...

its good to be the king....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Yes, there is, but like I said, all the hot girls are home for the summer.

The company I worked for asked me to take a specific science class this summer, so I'm taking it at a local community college (which is silly since I have an MBA). But WOW, the eye candy has been worth the price of admission. Or many my standards/perceptions have dropped because I'm getting older? Oh, to be 18 again. Or some creppy almost 30-year-old guy that hits on 18-year-old girls. Cancun spring break, 2012 - here I come!!!!
Community kollege gals are great... not real smart, but ambitious.... serviceable combo right there...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:09 pm

Community kollege gals are great... not real smart, but ambitious.... serviceable combo right there...
LOL, I'll drink to that!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:21 pm

I showered to get the French off me and am butt arse nekked with the AC rolling....
Too.Much.Information!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:00 am

They try harder...
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:02 am

Where the hell were you before I took a $45 cab ride?
Your the one who is Mr Marriott...you should know these things.

I think Ypsilanti Community College was having a mixer there, too, last night.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:49 am
Suspended

Your the one who is Mr Marriott...you should know these things.

I think Ypsilanti Community College was having a mixer there, too, last night.
Hey there Mister, I have people who do this stuff for me during daylight hours...
Old Jun 23, 2011, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
your hotel sucks T.H. Old and run down. the FI would have have been a way better choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.